Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Its all about the money.

Top has lost a lot personally due to covid and is now probably counting every last single penny. 

Its as i've feared, he won't be sacked until 10 games in at the earliest and by that point we'll be quite far behind with a squad thats shot to pieces. 

I am afraid I have to agree with you, entirely

He has to go now. There isn’t time to mess around. We need the ‘bounce’ over the next 4 league games to get us back on track.

Lets face it, BR has been fantastic, but we are now firmly on a downward trajectory. He can’t turn it around. New broom required, right now. The sooner the better, to give the new man as much time as possible.

With regards to the squad, I still believe we are only a right sided attacker away from a squad good enough to compete well in this league. Despite all the bs around the transfer window, we lost and ageing keeper and replaced him with Preston’s player of the year (if only BR would play him!), a young keeper who is a regular in the full Danish squad, and we lost Fofana who we look to have replaced with another decent prospect. Just needed/need to replace Lookman.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Where's this idea that only one person is against sacking him? 

Maybe we're waiting for an announcement to tie in with Thailand? Maybe this evening? 

Thai stock exchange is 5pm, think people have speculated about this in the past. No idea if KP are listed or not though 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maybe we're waiting for an announcement to tie in with Thailand? Maybe this evening? 

Won't Thailand be asleep at UK evening time?

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

They won't release a thing until the deals concluded. That could take all day so no up date until then.

This silence doesn't mean nothings happening. 

I personally can't believe people are turning on Top when we have no clue what's happening.

I don’t think anyone is turning on Top, just wondering whether he has the business acumen and desire his father had, because if he hasn’t he should be honest with himself and look to move the club on.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

If what @themightyfinsays is true and the general consensus is Rodgers should go but one senior member has said no then we really are in a mess.

This one person whoever they are must have a lot to answer for.

The fans can see it. The board in general can see it but one person can't.  

Shambles 

Always - It's not. lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

With regards to the squad, I still believe we are only a right sided attacker away from a squad good enough to compete well in this league. Despite all the bs around the transfer window, we lost and ageing keeper and replaced him with Preston’s player of the year (if only BR would play him!), a young keeper who is a regular in the full Danish squad, and we lost Fofana who we look to have replaced with another decent prospect. Just needed/need to replace Lookman.

We need to at least 2 defenders, someone to replace Vardy as he is aging. Get rid of Brendon and I would take back NP

Are we seriously to believe that we know what’s going on at board level and the nuances of opinions within the meetings ??

Thiis looks like a straightforward call to the vast majority but the FD may have piped up and said - what if we get lucky on Saturday and beat villa 3-0 ?   Who is to say that this means Gerard gets the sack and Villa come knocking for Brendan ??  The notion that hanging on for another week will cost you at worst 3 points but could save you £15m is a strong one …..

i wouldn’t be looking at hypotheticals like that but I don’t know the detail of the economics within the club and the size of the stresses ….

9 minutes ago, S1ddo71 said:

I wish Vardy would bang him (not in the sexual way) if he's still here for the weekend. 🤣

Not so sure I agree with you about that, he needs something up his backside to get him out for sure :)

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Given they're about 8 hours ahead of us I'd guess probably not. 

Plus we're a football club based in Leicestershire not Thailand ffs.