Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

There's complications that are being hidden by the powers-that-be. Vichai would have had him gone by now. But Vichai would have been cautious about extending borrowing during Covid.

There were warning voices on here several months ago about the ratio of borrowing to the Club's worth.

The priority is to pay off Rodgers and get someone in who can galvanise the team into wanting to play as a team again. Because Rodgers has no idea how to pick an effective team and motivate it. He's out to lunch as far as recognising the peril we're in. All you out there who are calling the players for this - you are clueless as to the absolute necessity of instilling confidence in a side. Rodgers has been slowly and surely undermining his players by his lack of awareness of the players' concerns. He's alienating key players - in fact probably all the players. At Liverpool money could buy him safety, at Celtic there was no opposition to prevent the  trophies appearing on cue. 

I think Top is wanting to prove he's every bit the businessman his dad was and he's overreached himself. He should know that the team takes priority - that's what keeps City in the riches the Premier provides.

Time for decisiveness. Vichai would be shocked at what's been happening at the club he put so much into building up.

• Like 2

Really need some of that ruthlessness that a multi-billionaire owner has at the moment. That, I dont give two shits, you're ruining my business mentality. Something Vichai showed, regardless of the press etc. with both Pearson and Ranieri. 

How this can be allowed to happen after the shit storm of the summer and the pending financial doom is staggering. 

I dont know what to say. They've allowed standards to drop so low that its now acceptable to be shit. 

1 hour ago, steveherbe said:

Can it get any worse? Rodgers isn't sacked, and now Liz fkin Truss is the new PM. Feeling suicidal here.

Yes but our new CFO will be Rishi….

3 hours ago, Mok said:

Rodgers position wasnt in question by the club at that point

If this is true, we can cross off FFP as our major concern and put “total club mismanagement” at the very top of the list. If they haven’t had some idea that a replacement plan may be necessary after the past 12 or so months, then what exactly have they been watching?!

18 minutes ago, TrickyTrevLeftPeg said:

Matter of time before big protests. Saturday is going to be toxic. 

I'm surprised there isn't a few already down the ground with their pitchforks

"Saturday is going to be toxic". Reminds me of 94/95 season when Brian Little resigned to go to Villa. Our next match was ironically home to Villa. I've never heard such a visceral atmosphere in a ground before or since with the anger directed at Little in the away dugout. It way over the top in my view given what he had achieved with the club over the previous 3 seasons. It ended 1-1 but by then we had maybe 8 points from 9-10 games. 

Put it this way if we go behind or heaven forbid lose this match, I wouldn't like to be in Brendan's shoes...:(

• Like 1