Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

Even the media have started to turn, saying quite a few negative things about him e.g. he's feeling sorry for himself, doesn't want to be here, can't motivate the players anymore. There's even some that say he won't be here next week. Let's hope they're right.

I think a lot of the media have been asleep at the wheel with this one. All of a sudden a few have woken up, realised there is a story here and dug a little deeper and noticed king rodgers isn't all hes cracked up to be.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

"Saturday is going to be toxic". Reminds me of 94/95 season when Brian Little resigned to go to Villa. Our next match was ironically home to Villa. I've never heard such a visceral atmosphere in a ground before or since with the anger directed at Little in the away dugout. It way over the top in my view given what he had achieved with the club over the previous 3 seasons. It ended 1-1 but by then we had maybe 8 points from 9-10 games. 

Put it this way if we go behind or heaven forbid lose this match, I wouldn't like to be in Brendan's shoes...:(

I didn't abuse little that night either....had a feeling he'd leave for Newcastle or villa given the chance...and he turned the club around...I'll always be grateful to him for that

• Like 1

Just now, Chelmofox said:

I think a lot of the media have been asleep at the wheel with this one. All of a sudden a few have woken up, realised there is a story here and dug a little deeper and noticed king rodgers isn't all hes cracked up to be.

If you look back at his time at Liverpool, his reign has taken a similar course. Glad they aren’t being fooled 

Sourness cracked this on TalkShite this morning.  With the squad of players BR has at his disposal, Leicester should not be bottom of League.

With the right coach in place, we can turn this. But giving BR any more games will make things more difficult for the new regime. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, J. James said:

But are they? Are we an island on this forum?

There was ONE banner at the BHA match!

I'm beginning to wonder if other people - fans and supporters- dont feel as strongly (yet) as the large majority here.

It's fairly important to stay in touch with reality (between the hours of 7am - 6pm) so is the feeling shared throughout the KP stands?

Or

Are we a reactionary minority?

I’m starting to think the majority are still ‘Rodgers In’. It feels like Top and co are not even aware that there is some serious discontent. Leicester fan on 606 would not say he should be sacked.

This situation is irreversible now for Rodgers and he is going to get sacked in 1, 10 or 20 games anyway so we need to do it now before the situation gets a lot worse with no players left (for the correct positions anyway)

Edited by Skid_1884
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Really need some of that ruthlessness that a multi-billionaire owner has at the moment. That, I dont give two shits, you're ruining my business mentality. Something Vichai showed, regardless of the press etc. with both Pearson and Ranieri. 

How this can be allowed to happen after the shit storm of the summer and the pending financial doom is staggering. 

I dont know what to say. They've allowed standards to drop so low that its now acceptable to be shit. 

....I get the feeling that there will be an altercation in training or on the pitch, which will bring this matter to a head!!!

When all this is resolved, there are serious question marks over Top's handling of this and the trust of his suitability for the role, should he be the one who has the veto. At this moment there will be two separate factions in that squad, one backing Rodgers and the other who wants him out. There will be frustration in training and game time, when each agenda does not meet, leading to the inevitable blame being apportioned.

If Rudkin and Whelan come to him (Top) and suggest the termination of Rodger's contract, then it needs to be rubberstamped, the first concern should be to the club (in this instance), and personal feelings have to be set aside.

3 minutes ago, Skid_1884 said:

I’m starting to think the majority are still ‘Rodgers In’. It feels like Top and co are not even aware that there is some serious discontent. Leicester fan on 606 would not say he should be sacked.

This situation is irreversible now for Rodgers and he is going to get sacked in 1, 10 or 20 games anyway so we need to do it now before the situation gets a lot worse with no players left (for the correct positions anyway)

I think that there is a large portion (mainly within the older generation) that are 'Rodgers In' - definitely how it seemed to me after the Man Utd game. There were a lot of older folk getting angry at the chanting after the final whistle. 

I agree that it's irreversible now. It's only going to get far worse than this the longer it goes on. Even a win on Saturday won't be enough to turn the tide with a pasting at Spurs likely to follow.

We do have a good run of games after that, so it's key to be in a good place to be able to pick up points - it's likely to make or break our season. 

21 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Sourness cracked this on TalkShite this morning.  With the squad of players BR has at his disposal, Leicester should not be bottom of League.

With the right coach in place, we can turn this. But giving BR any more games will make things more difficult for the new regime. 

"Give it Graeme till the end of the season"

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If Rudkin and Whelan come to him (Top) and suggest the termination of Rodger's contract, then it needs to be rubberstamped, the first concern should be to the club (in this instance), and personal feelings have to be set aside.

if rudkin and/or whelan have overseen the running of the club to make a £100m loss then perhaps the chairman might feel he can make his own call 

of course we don't know anything and it could be that everyone has been on the same page over the past two years  - just an alternative viewpoint 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, J. James said:

I'm beginning to wonder if other people - fans and supporters- dont feel as strongly (yet) as the large majority here.

It's fairly important to stay in touch with reality (between the hours of 7am - 6pm) so is the feeling shared throughout the KP stands?

Or

Sorry i should of said 'almost everyone' 

A few weeks back i would of said i was in the minority wanting Rodgers out but now i do firmly believe from what i see on here, twitter and Facebook that 80% + want Rodgers out of the club. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, J. James said:

Or

...there is a difference between supporters at the game and FoxesTalk forum posters!!!

There appear to be an acceptance of what is going on at the grounds than what we see here on this forum..

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Suffolk_fox said:

Apologies if this is elsewhere on the site - I have looked but can't find it - but what exactly did Castagne say/do to fall foul of Brendan?

I think it was after the Southampton or Chelsea game, questioning the tactics and approach. 

13 minutes ago, Craig said:

I think that there is a large portion (mainly within the older generation) that are 'Rodgers In' - definitely how it seemed to me after the Man Utd game. There were a lot of older folk getting angry at the chanting after the final whistle. 

I agree that it's irreversible now. It's only going to get far worse than this the longer it goes on. Even a win on Saturday won't be enough to turn the tide with a pasting at Spurs likely to follow.

We do have a good run of games after that, so it's key to be in a good place to be able to pick up points - it's likely to make or break our season. 

Old people don’t like change. Some people cannot see the wood for the trees. Being in the minority here on FT does not make us wrong. Souness was right. The media are turning. It is inevitable but the sooner the better. 

2 hours ago, BigGibbo said:

It's actually 3 key players with Cuccurella , Bissouma & Maupay as Maupay was their joint top scorer. Then they spent very little and are somehow kicking on into Champions League spots. Just shows what can be done with a positive mental attitude, good recruitment and good management (similar to our past).

Brendan on the other hand doesn't have a leg to stand on and is clearly just throwing his toys out of the pram as a narcissist that is taking it personally that a global pandemic and resulting financial difficulties (that affected our owners more than most due to being a duty free business reliant on travel to Thailand) has slightly changed the amount of investment he believes he was promised for one season.

Unprofessional and embarrassing attitude and behaviour. Unforgivable.

I think it is pretty clear that he is a narcissist now yes. I have made this point before, but no one cared to take it up it seems. He clearly fits the profile of someone with Narcissistic personality disorder. Holds grudges, blames everyone else for what is going wrong, will not change his methods despite clear evidence they are not working and so on and on.He is however high functioning in some areas, such as media manipulation.and so on.

I am afraid that he will not change, this kind of person does not, they just move on, and blame others for their need to do that...... " we need support" and so on.

I am concerned  that the "top" do not realise this, so the longer it goes on, the more damage that will be caused.

You cannot change or reason with these type of people ,they will simply see it as someone else's fault., no matter what they say, and he is high functioning enough to try and deflect from that. He is also very high functioning as a manilpulator of people.....at least for a while.

No good news until someone grasps the nettle here I am afraid.

Similar pattern with Liverpool for example, as I said, he will not change