Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

29 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think people have really turned on Top whatsoever. On the contrary, part of the problem is because unlike any other clubs I can think of, our fanbase have great affection for our owners for a number of reasons. 

For our owners, we know that respect is a very big thing to them as is seemingly trying to do things the right way. Even more galling then when our manager chooses to disrespect and humiliate them in the media because that is precisely what his constant egotistical whinings are doing. 

Would it have been too much trouble for him to sing from the same hymn sheet as the owners and show a united front? Would that not be beneficial to the team also? By not doing so tellingly reveals that whilst Rodgers may talk about a team, it's just a team of one, himself. 

The financial situation is what it is and is largely due to prevailing circumstances from what has happened globally over the past couple of years, no business people could have predicted that.

As a fan, Rodgers lack of loyalty to our owners has angered me greatly as well as his football management. I just want him gone, he's starting to stink the place out!

This is what has sent me.

Brendan has just been asked to tide us over for one year due to the combination of FFP and not being able to remove the deadwood (that he signed most of) until they're out of contract next season along with the unprecedented and unforeseeable set backs in our and King Power's revenue due to a global pandemic and he's responded like a spoilt child who didn't get everything he wanted immediately. Beyond unprofessional behaviour.

How he comes out of this with any reputation whatsoever in tact I'll never understand.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Old people don’t like change. Some people cannot see the wood for the trees. Being in the minority here on FT does not make us wrong. Souness was right. The media are turning. It is inevitable but the sooner the better. 

Old people don't like bullshit !!!

I'm 70 and quite fine with change

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, J. James said:

But are they? Are we an island on this forum?

There was ONE banner at the BHA match!

I'm beginning to wonder if other people - fans and supporters- dont feel as strongly (yet) as the large majority here.

It's fairly important to stay in touch with reality (between the hours of 7am - 6pm) so is the feeling shared throughout the KP stands?

Or

Are we a reactionary minority?

I think everyone here is being both emotional, but also logical. The facts simply stare one in the face. Top and the boards faces ???, well that is the question.

3 minutes ago, itude said:

I think it is pretty clear that he is a narcissist now yes. I have made this point before, but no one cared to take it up it seems. He clearly fits the profile of someone with Narcissistic personality disorder. Holds grudges, blames everyone else for what is going wrong, will not change his methods despite clear evidence they are not working and so on and on.He is however high functioning in some areas, such as media manipulation.and so on.

I am afraid that he will not change, this kind of person does not, they just move on, and blame others for their need to do that...... " we need support" and so on.

I am concerned  that the "top" do not realise this, so the longer it goes on, the more damage that will be caused.

You cannot change or reason with these type of people ,they will simply see it as someone else's fault., no matter what they say, and he is high functioning enough to try and deflect from that. He is also very high functioning as a manilpulator of people.....at least for a while.

No good news until someone grasps the nettle here I am afraid.

Similar pattern with Liverpool for example, as I said, he will not change

Been saying this for ages. He does appear to have narcissistic personality disorder - which is why he is utterly inflexible and will not take the blame for anything. It works in the beginning, but it comes apart eventually. We are in the coming apart stage right now. 

wtaf is happening at our club! we are pathetic absolutely pathetic. 

Im losing all the respect i had for our club. 

not sacking him is genuinely the worst decision our club has made in a decade. And why, to save a few quid? it’s going to cost a damn right more when we are relegated.  

These last few weeks have guranteed mads doesn’t sign a new deal, which was the last good thing i was clinging to. We are finished and we deserve to be 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

If you look back at his time at Liverpool, his reign has taken a similar course. Glad they aren’t being fooled 

Yes, it does with personalities like his. They can put up an excellent front for a while, but eventually that always breaks down.

Just now, Lambert09 said:

not sacking him is genuinely the worst decision our club has made in a decade. And why, to save a few quid? it’s going to cost a damn right more when we are relegated.  

These last few weeks have guranteed mads doesn’t sign a new deal, which was the last good thing i was clinging to. We are finished and we deserve to be 

He might still be sacked in the next couple of days for all we know? 

We aren't finished. 

54 minutes ago, J. James said:

But are they? Are we an island on this forum?

There was ONE banner at the BHA match!

I'm beginning to wonder if other people - fans and supporters- dont feel as strongly (yet) as the large majority here.

It's fairly important to stay in touch with reality (between the hours of 7am - 6pm) so is the feeling shared throughout the KP stands?

Or

Are we a reactionary minority?

I mean, even r/lcfc has become significantly less happy clappy and that place is toxic positivity in a nutshell 

10 minutes ago, itude said:

I think it is pretty clear that he is a narcissist now yes. I have made this point before, but no one cared to take it up it seems. He clearly fits the profile of someone with Narcissistic personality disorder. Holds grudges, blames everyone else for what is going wrong, will not change his methods despite clear evidence they are not working and so on and on.He is however high functioning in some areas, such as media manipulation.and so on.

I am afraid that he will not change, this kind of person does not, they just move on, and blame others for their need to do that...... " we need support" and so on.

I am concerned  that the "top" do not realise this, so the longer it goes on, the more damage that will be caused.

You cannot change or reason with these type of people ,they will simply see it as someone else's fault., no matter what they say, and he is high functioning enough to try and deflect from that. He is also very high functioning as a manilpulator of people.....at least for a while.

No good news until someone grasps the nettle here I am afraid.

Similar pattern with Liverpool for example, as I said, he will not change

Agreed. He definitely has some sort of diagnosable personality defect.

A normal professional person doesn't get this dejected and start lashing out at every one around them based on only a relatively small change in what they were promised before circumstances (out of the control of those who made the alleged promises) necessitated that they were slightly altered. 

Anyone would think we were Burnley the way he's going on about us now and all because we didn't give him another 60+ million to blow like the last window. 

Edited by BigGibbo

I always struggle with expressing my dislike for the manager at the games because I always feel booing is a poor wag to go about and only ever has a negative effect on the team so will never boo. However if there was a clear way to show dissatisfaction for the manager without booing the team. I also would only do this post game as I feel during the game you have to get behind the team. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....what information does he have over the board that prevents them from removing him from his post!!!

When Kasper went through the backdoor, it seemed to me a clear indication that Top was not willing to take his counsel. There must be one enormous unsurmountable reason for a wedge to have been driven between the two.

Kasper would be the prime source to explain the reluctance for Top to act in this instance, it will either be regarding finance or a major falling out between Top and Kasper and Top is willing to dig in to prove a point.

I am not sure how much the club is aware of our frustrations, but they need to come out and issue a statement to let us all know where they stand.

The severance deal will be the issue I expect.

the problem is if you hold off pulling the trigger and wait and we lose to Villa, maybe Spurs and Forest (if he stays that long) and then bin him in the international break what have you gained? 

we fans are always told the top brass have a shopping list / priority list of potential players / managers lined up so they should know who they want. Whether who they want is available is another matter - and maybe they need time to talk to agents.

4 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Been saying this for ages. He does appear to have narcissistic personality disorder - which is why he is utterly inflexible and will not take the blame for anything. It works in the beginning, but it comes apart eventually. We are in the coming apart stage right now. 

Yes it all fits, oh dear dealing with one of them is real real hard. They often deliver some decent looking stuff early on, but then it all goes bad. At which point it is always someone else's fault. The board, the players, top, then us lol, who is next ? Gary Lineker :)

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Yes I agree, he will not sign another, one more of the consequences of this craziness

2 minutes ago, Duncan_K said:

Hopefully the reason it's taking so long is we are going to actually try to properly sack him without a pay off for his gross misconduct comments about the owners rather than pay him off as is the football norm. 

Yes, or just trying to reach a compromise with Rodgers himself. If they're exploring ways to terminate his contract without paying all of the rumoured pay-off, that may involve extended negotiations with HR, Legal counsel, the accounts dept and possibly Rodgers himself to figure out how that might work, which could take some time...

• Like 1