Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

These last few weeks have guranteed mads doesn’t sign a new deal, which was the last good thing i was clinging to. We are finished and we deserve to be 

I should think Newcastle will be licking their lips! Made a move this summer to show a sign of intent, come the end of the season Madders may well be tempted to jump ship.

24 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...there is a difference between supporters at the game and FoxesTalk forum posters!!!

There appear to be an acceptance of what is going on at the grounds than what we see here on this forum..

I think at the ground you get a fair few supporters who unfortunately go because of the draw of watching the likes of United, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc 

I can guarantee if we were a division below we'd lose 5-6k of them!

It's so sad that it's come to this, I feel gutted with myself that if he's still here on Saturday I genuinely won't be interested in the match at all, which is odd because I have a dislike for Villa, now I will be more then happy to go about my day, check the score at full time and be done with it, sounds awful I know but that's how the man has brought me down to a level where I can't stomach anymore 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we were trying to make sure we had his replacement sorted out or very close to being sorted before pulling the trigger

We hired Rodgers just 2 days after sacking Puel

Defo they will be sounding out targets even if he stays in the short-term. Just a matter of time - BR interviews increasingly show it unraveling.

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

Defo they will be sounding out targets even if he stays in the short-term. Just a matter of time - BR interviews increasingly show it unraveling.

That is the Leicester way over recent times I agree. We probably wont let himgo until we have a replacement lined up and package with them agreed.

We just got to hope its sooner rather than later and that there is someone out there wiling to take a chance on us.

Its so toxic right now its unbelieveable 

15 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I always struggle with expressing my dislike for the manager at the games because I always feel booing is a poor wag to go about and only ever has a negative effect on the team so will never boo. However if there was a clear way to show dissatisfaction for the manager without booing the team. I also would only do this post game as I feel during the game you have to get behind the team. 

I think post-game protests and funny and creative banners etc are the way to do it. 

Like you say boo-ing is just depressing (although at the final whistle is fair enough) and "Rodger's Out" banners are a bit sigh inducing and ignorable. 

"Chat shit, get sacked" & "chap stick, get banged" are two banners I can think of at the minute. 😆

• Haha 3

If they are sacking him the best thing is silence initially as Top and the board have a track record of doing things the right way.....no way would anything have happened yesterday as it would be too raw and emotional off the back of a defeat and not how they manage however a considered reflection during the day with input from Susan and Jon R would be the least I would expect....then meetings with anyone they wish to get a sounding from (i.e. Experienced Pro's, Captain etc) then a face to face with BR.

All of this takes some time and I would envisage it would be this evening before anything may break but I am hoping that on this occasion silence is golden before the bullet.......................I maybe deluding myself here but hopefully in the new few hours we may hear something......:o

• Like 4

Just now, themightyfin said:

The fact the club has said next to nothing officially is damming I think in itself.

Im Still confident this will be over very soon.

There is no way back for him its clear for everyone to see.  

I’m hoping it happens this evening, probably just needed to gather the board together discuss what happens next, potential targets and the like, before announcing he is done. 

4 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Can’t believe he said “I’m still young and fresh as a manager” after the game yesterday. You’ve been around the block for 14 years now Brendan, who you kidding? 😂

He's 3 years younger than Conte lol 

• Haha 1

Just now, themightyfin said:

The fact the club has said next to nothing officially is damming I think in itself.

Can't see what the board are thinking when finally today most of the sporting journalists have written that he's a dead man walking 

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

I've wondered if, given the hold up with Visa's at the minute, we are just hanging on to him whilst we sort his replacement (assuming it's someone in europe that's available)

Long shot I know, but could be the case, they don't tend to have massive gaps between managers.

3 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

If they are sacking him the best thing is silence initially as Top and the board have a track record of doing things the right way.....no way would anything have happened yesterday as it would be too raw and emotional off the back of a defeat and not how they manage however a considered reflection during the day with input from Susan and Jon R would be the least I would expect....then meetings with anyone they wish to get a sounding from (i.e. Experienced Pro's, Captain etc) then a face to face with BR.

All of this takes some time and I would envisage it would be this evening before anything may break but I am hoping that on this occasion silence is golden before the bullet.......................I maybe deluding myself here but hopefully in the new few hours we may hear something......:o

Tuesday night is usually execution night.:thumbup:

5 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

It all takes time but if sacking him was really on the radar it would have been a case of pulling all the relevant triggers they've lined up.

I imagine we are at the very start of the process, a very reluctant and unwanted process at that. 

I was hopeful earlier but I was also hopeful in the summer for a few weeks, look how that turned out. 

17 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Welcome to the promised land, ladies and gents…

I assume that means there is a new Prime Minister.

Amazing what you can learn in the Brendan thread.

Will be back next year for another political update