Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Top might be waiting to hear what Andy from Long Eaton says on the football forum tonight?

You joke but Pipes turned on Rodgers weeks ago and this time last year he worshiped the ground at Brendan's feet. The general tone on FF has been Rodgers out lately, even if they won't go as far as to actually say it. 

Top cannot afford to procrastinate on this one. The next ten years of our club could be impacted adversely if a decision is not reached quickly.

It may be a 20 million pound hit now but it could cost the club hundreds of millions down the road.

Just now, Claudio Fannieri said:

Crap source but Indykalia on Twitter saying senior players don’t want Rodgers in charge vs Villa and club are currently negotiating severance package to try and lower it to avoid putting him on garden leave. Regardless of source seems quite feasible 

LOL You know you are desperate when you are relying on that muppet.

even a broken clock is right twice a day and all that.

let’s hope he’s right tho eh?

Just now, Nalis said:

I know we're biased but if you were Brendan, why the fvck would you take a reduction in severance pay when you know you are entitled to rinsing a club who are sacking you?

Because it makes you look like a "good egg" for your next club?   :dunno:

• Like 1

I think Brendan has done an amazing job, I really do, but his apparent "eliteness" isn't saving us. I'm not Brendan out btw. 

If Brendan doesn't dig us out of this, then we need a defensive minded/counter attacking manager to ease our woes. Izzet right that we will keep a hold of him much longer after Brighton thrashed us?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J. James said:

But are they? Are we an island on this forum?

There was ONE banner at the BHA match!

I'm beginning to wonder if other people - fans and supporters- dont feel as strongly (yet) as the large majority here.

It's fairly important to stay in touch with reality (between the hours of 7am - 6pm) so is the feeling shared throughout the KP stands?

Or

Are we a reactionary minority?

I think discontent is simmering and close to exploding. I felt it against West Ham at home back in February. Only a penalty just before half time calmed things. I was all for the status quo at the beginning of the season - I guess I dislike change. I'm firmly for getting rid without further delay now. Against Man United I think people were, 'well, it's Man United'. Yesterday in the second half it was shell shock. If he's in post on Saturday and we go behind against Villa I fear the place will erupt. I'm even contemplating making a 'Rogers Out' sign myself and I'm a mild-mannered 56 year old (except when I'm at the City when twice a year I turn into a complete idiot :scarf:)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know we're biased but if you were Brendan, why the fvck would you take a reduction in severance pay when you know you are entitled to rinsing a club who are sacking you?

Maybe because he doesn’t want to be here and have a relegation against his name 🙈

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Exactly. If you're an employee of a business you have no care for and they want to dump you, you want to go with every single penny you can get. We can all espouse resigning and the honourable thing but this is business for him. If he's entitled to £20m or whatever, he's going to wait for it.

Where does he go after here? He's done Liverpool, he's repaired himself at Celtic and then here for the first two seasons. Where else is he going to command the wages he gets here. He won't, not for starters anyway. He's waiting out for every last penny.

1 minute ago, Md9 said:

Maybe because he doesn’t want to be here and have a relegation against his name 🙈

This for me is why he might choose to go, he could stay for another 5-6 games and show that he has totally lost respect of his senior players,  that looks bad.  Stay for the season and he gets a relegation / spectacular collapse to his name,

2 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Crap source but Indykalia on Twitter saying senior players don’t want Rodgers in charge vs Villa and club are currently negotiating severance package to try and lower it to avoid putting him on garden leave. Regardless of source seems quite feasible 

Good job Madders moved to Arsenal to avoid all this chaos. 

1 hour ago, J. James said:

But are they? Are we an island on this forum?

There was ONE banner at the BHA match!

I'm beginning to wonder if other people - fans and supporters- dont feel as strongly (yet) as the large majority here.

It's fairly important to stay in touch with reality (between the hours of 7am - 6pm) so is the feeling shared throughout the KP stands?

Or

Are we a reactionary minority?

Well the away end sang "sacked in the morning" again yesterday so I doubt that's the case. 

• Thanks 2