Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

If he stays, a win against Aston Villa and things will feel better towards him?

Sometimes it gets to the point where there’s no turning back and there is so much ill feeling towards him now from a large portion of the fan base that his position is untenable. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

It would take more than that, a win against villa  and spurs with good performances. Then I might get back on the fence. That isn’t going to happen with him here though 

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know we're biased but if you were Brendan, why the fvck would you take a reduction in severance pay when you know you are entitled to rinsing a club who are sacking you?

He can may take a lump sum for a clean break rather than being paid over time with a duty of care..or with new wages reducing the clubs liability.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

The clappers will and there are a few on here that have been MIA for the past 2 weeks that would no doubt come out of the woodwork but generally unless he wins the next 5 on the bounce we will all just be dreading the next inevitable slump.

• Like 2

Just now, ConnFoxUS said:

It’s got to happen before any of the Villa press interviews…I simply can’t take another round of the ole “the fans are upset because they come out to support new signings…” bs that he continues to spew. 

Please dont... i feel sick now

It wasn't going to take a lot this season for him to lose the remaining fanbase he had. Beating Brentford would've have gave him a fresh impetus but it was always only going to take a few defeats in a row. 

He would help himself massively in the media if he wanted but he chooses to alienate people even more. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

We will not win another game as long as he is in charge, I'm sure of it. We are playing almost without any system, cannot defend even vaguely threatening attacking situations and there is a clear lack of application and effort across the pitch. You simply cannot compete like this.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It would take more than that, a win against villa  and spurs with good performances. Then I might get back on the fence. That isn’t going to happen with him here though 

You honestly think our defence will cope with Kane and Son , not to mention the others?

I know it's Monday , but I'll have a pint of what you're having😄😄

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

We will not win another game as long as he is in charge, I'm sure of it. We are playing almost without any system, cannot defend even vaguely threatening attacking situations and there is a clear lack of application and effort across the pitch. You simply cannot compete like this.

Hahahaa this is actually spot on. Its irrelevant if the board still are 100% behind him, they are very soon (they already will be hugely alarmed) going to face the prospect of us being adrift and in ruins and they'll have blood on their hands. He cannot survive, even if it were their own son he wouldn't survive. He's leading the club to financial disaster and oblivion.

1 minute ago, Weller Wing said:

You honestly think our defence will cope with Kane and Son , not to mention the others?

I know it's Monday , but I'll have a pint of what you're having😄😄

Indeed it won’t, which is why I said it isn’t happening… we will not even beat villa with him here… so yeah it will take the near impossible to just get me back in the fence 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

I would like to think the delay is due to them trying to find an agreement to end it by mutual consent. I've backed Rodgers and still think there are huge problems at the club after he goes, but it's got to the stage now where it would be best for both sides to go their separate ways. He could easily walk in to a job at similar sized club now but the longer it goes on, the more toxic his name becomes. Saturday could be a pretty painful watch if he's still in place by then.

47 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

The severance deal will be the issue I expect.

the problem is if you hold off pulling the trigger and wait and we lose to Villa, maybe Spurs and Forest (if he stays that long) and then bin him in the international break what have you gained? 

we fans are always told the top brass have a shopping list / priority list of potential players / managers lined up so they should know who they want. Whether who they want is available is another matter - and maybe they need time to talk to agents.

...you would think that the severance deal is already written into the contract, so no negotiation is required!!!

Not being aware of, or sounding out potential replacements, means you have fallen asleep at the wheel. This is a business, start acting like a professional.

20 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know we're biased but if you were Brendan, why the fvck would you take a reduction in severance pay when you know you are entitled to rinsing a club who are sacking you?

because it allows Brendan to take a another job 

It make sense both parties to come a sensible amount 

12 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

Every training session that he stays is wasted . Has to be done ASAP

Well today is going to be a recovery day so if there's any training it'll be light.

If it's true that they're in discussions about how to terminate his contract then it wouldn't surprise me if he has already been removed from training duties in the interim and Stowell & the other non-BR coaches to take temporary charge of those sessions.

49 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

I should think Newcastle will be licking their lips! Made a move this summer to show a sign of intent, come the end of the season Madders may well be tempted to jump ship.

...you are forgetting the January window!!!

If anything he looks like he is Rodgers in and wants to do his best to win. He did not have a good game, I would suspect all this starts to weigh a player down after a while.

• Like 1