Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

15 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Weve gone beyond points.  He could win 100 points and he would still be the wrong guy for us

In a season? I’d definitely warm back up to him if he got us 100 points in a season.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you would think that the severance deal is already written into the contract, so no negotiation is required!!!

Not being aware of, or sounding out potential replacements, means you have fallen asleep at the wheel. This is a business, start acting like a professional.

You maybe right and we will never know. I am a wee bit concerned that we don’t move as quickly as is possible but still get to the same end point I.e BR being binned and end up writing off a few more games making our life even harder 

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know we're biased but if you were Brendan, why the fvck would you take a reduction in severance pay when you know you are entitled to rinsing a club who are sacking you?

If sacking him means paying off his contract, we could easily just... not do that. Keep him on the books rather than give it in a lump sum, and put him on gardening leave so he's unable to take a job elsewhere. He'll lose out on cash (a reduced lump sum from us, but added to continued wages from wherever he ends up) and his stock will fall as a manager after being on the sidelines for a few more years.

Or he could agree to a lower payout now and take his media spin elsewhere to earn another paycheck from another unsuspecting club. And save face in the meantime; I imagine being effectively exiled from management for a few years would be unbearable for someone with his ego.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Yes a win against Villa, Gerrard gets sacked, Villa come in for Brendan and play us 10 million in compo

I'd waive the compensation (or at least make it a nominal amount £1-2m) if it guaranteed they'd come in and take him off our hands. Last thing we want is for them to be keen, see the compensation price tag and start having second thoughts...

New theory. 

Rodgers has already agreed to become Villa manager and is just waiting to be sacked. They will then sack Gerrard and take Rodgers on a free.

We're aware of this and trying to call his bluff.

If he names a similar team that Villa can walk through on Saturday then I reckon he may just get his wish.

This is a man so petty he dropped Schmeichel to prevent him from getting his 150 consecutive league appearances lol

People might actually realise there was definitely some spite to that now theyre seeing the man for what he is.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, IzzetDoneYet69 said:

I think Brendan has done an amazing job, I really do, but his apparent "eliteness" isn't saving us. I'm not Brendan out btw. 

If Brendan doesn't dig us out of this, then we need a defensive minded/counter attacking manager to ease our woes. Izzet right that we will keep a hold of him much longer after Brighton thrashed us?

Oh my god so YOU are the one! Here was me thinking the lynch mob was unanimous.:D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wurmer said:

Interested to know why people think he's gonna be sacked any time soon - someone ITK said something?

A couple yeah. Mostly suggesting he won’t be in charge for villa. Will have to wait and see maybe pray, find a 4 leaf clover etc. 

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

New theory. 

Rodgers has already agreed to become Villa manager and is just waiting to be sacked. They will then sack Gerrard and take Rodgers on a free.

We're aware of this and trying to call his bluff.

If he names a similar team that Villa can walk through on Saturday then I reckon he may just get his wish.

This is a man so petty he dropped Schmeichel to prevent him from getting his 150 consecutive league appearances lol

People might actually realise there was definitely some spite to that now theyre seeing the man for what he is.

I don't believe this for a second. But I do believe that Aston Villa could possibly be monitoring the situation at Leicester and holding off from sacking Gerrard in case they can get Rodgers for free. No chance do we get compensation for Rodgers now, everyone knows they'll get him for free if they just wait for us to pull the trigger. 

What is actually going on?

Does anyone know?

I've been waiting for the day hes sacked for over a year now and still no nothing.

Imagine the training today, bet that was a wonderful atmosphere to be in. 

I've heard he's going to blame the tea lady next as she puts the milk in first.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

I don't believe this for a second. But I do believe that Aston Villa could possibly be monitoring the situation at Leicester and holding off from sacking Gerrard in case they can get Rodgers for free. No chance do we get compensation for Rodgers now, everyone knows they'll get him for free if they just wait for us to pull the trigger. 

Villa are not in good form but that was a creditable draw against Man.City. Gerrard is safe for now. If we had played Man.City on Sunday , it would have been a total massacre.

• Like 2