Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Did the squad train today? Fvcking hope so after the shambles yesterday. 

Day off/rest day I should imagine.  They should be in at the very least having a team meeting to sort this mess out.  Social media is very quiet from the club and players too. Someone (madders, KDH etc) normally post something but it's deathly quiet........

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I've always been pretty supportive of Brendan and whilst I've thought since the Southampton game it was time to move on, I had hoped he could move on from that.

Even last season the football was pretty dire I thought getting someone better was impossible given his success. What i've seen recently however suggests that whilst it may be difficult to get a manager to top the first two seasons, it's not going to be difficult to get a better one. What I find really strange is quite how little the fanbase likes him given the success he's delivered but given the words he uses it's not suprising - he's constantly flirted with other clubs and talked us down.

I've never bought into the football being that boring - most football nowadays is quite a boring clinical patience game of waiting for the opposition to make a mistake so they can pounce on it, he just buys into that and that's the way football has gone. Some of the chaos and ingenuity is completely gone from the game but we're not alone in that. The inability to defend is beyond the pale though and he's lost his head with certain players, and you can tell most of the players have no idea what they're doing.

He's got to go now though it's completely untenable and I think Saturday could be one of the ugliest games i've ever witnessed if he's still at the helm.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

When is the Next press conference - is it Thursday for the Villa game?

Yep and he's listed to attend.

I wonder if Pipes will steam in on the Football Moan-in tonight?   Sometime the BBC RL muppets block overseas listeners, hopefully not tonight.  

I also wonder if BR will tune in?

3 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

I wonder if Pipes will steam in on the Football Moan-in tonight?   Sometime the BBC RL muppets block overseas listeners, hopefully not tonight.  

I also wonder if BR will tune in?

I don't see why he wouldn't. He's quite passionate and yesterday was vocal on Twitter about the situation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bluetintedspecs said:

O1338558250_Screenshot_20220905-172928_PaddyPower.thumb.jpg.268d93d294ea76848f04f2f848532d85.jpgPaddy Power seem to have decided he's definitely gone and also who's favourite to come in 🙈

If anything it'll be Dyche on an 18 or 30 month deal. The board will want a manager that can work on a shoe string and keep us in the league.

2/1 is printing money. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Seen a few of these articles pop up this afternoon, I wonder if the club are putting this out to the media, looking to make Brendan the ruthless one if we have to sack him, making it more palatable for him to negotiate a settlement 

D3DA8CA7-DF84-4B36-8A51-34F7BC40F2C7.png

Or it’s the club telling fans they can’t afford to sack him 😳

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Seen a few of these articles pop up this afternoon, I wonder if the club are putting this out to the media, looking to make Brendan the ruthless one if we have to sack him, making it more palatable for him to negotiate a settlement 

D3DA8CA7-DF84-4B36-8A51-34F7BC40F2C7.png

If we get rid of the board, maybe we can save some money there. Drop the FD, CEO and DOF - Save a packet, lose nothing we have now.