Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

25 minutes ago, crazies said:

He ain’t going no where till the international break  dunno why everyone wants or expects him gone today. 
I want him out after the last performance and tactics like playing wilf at CB when you have sonch and amartey In The mix and even vesterfraud that he bought. 
I want the guy gone but I reckon if it’s tits up against villa and the break looming I may get my wish 

Because he's a footballing terrorist and we need shot of him before it's too late?

• Like 1

I'm curious, it's obvious that our defensive six (GK, Back 4, DM,) have been shockingly bad this season - and it's frankly a big problem we all observed last season.

However our attacking play and intent is there to see and we're on the right track, easily top half with goals scored so far, and even with a misfiring Vardy we're getting on the score sheet.

So is the problem the result of defensive incapability, or Rodgers' management of the back? - or do they go hand in hand perhaps. Because it's very important to understand exactly what's going on if we're actually sacking our manager.

If it's defensive incapability as it appears to be, we surely would have invested heavily in defence. Our GK, LB quality and CB look significantly weaker than years gone by, and there's some clear regression in Evans and Justin, be it age, injury, or Rodgers we don't know. Thomas does not appear to be at our desired level, and Ward is clearly not a Premier League goalkeeper. If we invested in say Raya, a LB, CB (as well as Faes) wouldn't we have reinforced enough to be at a solid level defensively, and controversially... is that then vindication for Rodgers?? It's a huge elephant in the room in my opinion, if (when) he's sacked, that's what he's going to say isn't it.. 'kasper left, Fofana left, Evans is old, Thomas is not PL, Justin is out of form, Soyuncu downed tools and has been out of form, Vesty isn't the player we hoped, Amartey is Amartey, Ward is a cruel joke, and Bertrand is a fraud'.

If this recent form is mostly down to defensive incapability and our fault as a club not to rectify it, as it appears to me, what use is Dyche or any other manager with no money to invest in the defence.. Ward is still in goal, and I can't see the others suddenly becoming amazing. Help.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yep  that is the one I use and it is more exciting than watching us at the moment. The away kit is fantastic....

She’s a dreamy girl: blonde, blue eyes and other features (PG only post) :ph34r: I would love to marry her. 

1 minute ago, RedSoxUK said:

I'm curious, it's obvious that our defensive six (GK, Back 4, DM,) have been shockingly bad this season - and it's frankly a big problem we all observed last season.

However our attacking play and intent is there to see and we're on the right track, easily top half with goals scored so far, and even with a misfiring Vardy we're getting on the score sheet.

So is the problem the result of defensive incapability, or Rodgers' management of the back? - or do they go hand in hand perhaps. Because it's very important to understand exactly what's going on if we're actually sacking our manager.

If it's defensive incapability as it appears to be, we surely would have invested heavily in defence. Our GK, LB quality and CB look significantly weaker than years gone by, and there's some clear regression in Evans and Justin, be it age, injury, or Rodgers we don't know. Thomas does not appear to be at our desired level, and Ward is clearly not a Premier League goalkeeper. If we invested in say Raya, a LB, CB (as well as Faes) wouldn't we have reinforced enough to be at a solid level defensively, and controversially... is that then vindication for Rodgers?? It's a huge elephant in the room in my opinion, if (when) he's sacked, that's what he's going to say isn't it.. 'kasper left, Fofana left, Evans is old, Thomas is not PL, Justin is out of form, Soyuncu downed tools and has been out of form, Vesty isn't the player we hoped, Amartey is Amartey, Ward is a cruel joke, and Bertrand is a fraud'.

If this recent form is mostly down to defensive incapability and our fault as a club not to rectify it, as it appears to me, what use is Dyche or any other manager with no money to invest in the defence.. Ward is still in goal, and I can't see the others suddenly becoming amazing. Help.

Our attacking play has only been good in the last game and only because we were far more direct than Rodgers normally likes.

• Like 1

The notion we can't afford to sack him is interesting, I'd argue we can't afford to have him anywhere near the club any longer even if it costs 25 mill to get rid.

At best he stays and we continue to lose value from the assets we have invested in (the players), we all know how important this is to our model.  It only takes Madders to have a poor season and Castagne to continue to be benched and we've lost millions in potential resale value, that's just 2 players.  He has already had a hand in wiping off 30-40 mill from Cags value in the last year or so.  

At worse we get relegated, estimates put this at a 50 mill + loss.(deloitte)

Let's get the poison dwarf paid off and go again! Hanging on is a total false economy.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I wonder if the effect fans can have on managerial positions has decreased drastically due to the massive imbalance between gate receipts/merchandise and TV broadcasting money?

Probably not on the bottom line as a percentage but which football club is going to continue to be a success on the pitch or commercially off it if the stadium is half filled or fans started protesting, match going fans are the life blood of a successful confident team. When the super league didn’t go ahead it was down to actual man united and chelsea fans in the UK that physically took a stand, preventing matches going ahead. That would be an extreme outcome here as I do think the board will eventually do the right thing. Of course the club have to consider FFP and the horrendous losses they now have to deal with but they’d be myopic if they didn’t see the influence a group of fans can have. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

In 2007-8  -   Derby had 4 pts after 6 games.  Food for thought Board.....

Looking at our previous top-flight seasons which ended in relegation, only three of them involved 38 games. In 2001/2, City ended up with 28pts, with 5pts from the first six games. In 2003/04, City ended up with 33pts, also with 5pts from the first six games. In 1908/9, Fosse would have ended up with effectively 33pts (if 3pts had been given for wins), with effectively 6pts after the first six games. The sixth game was an away 2-5 defeat! Later on that season, Fosse also lost 12-0 to Forest!

More food for thought for the Board.... 

• Like 1

Just now, String fellow said:

Looking at our previous top-flight seasons which ended in relegation, only three of them involved 38 games. In 2001/2, City ended up with 28pts, with 5pts from the first six games. In 2003/04, City ended up with 33pts, also with 5pts from the first six games. In 1908/9, Fosse would have ended up with effectively 33pts (if 3pts had been given for wins), with effectively 6pts after the first six games. The sixth game was an away 2-5 defeat! Later on that season, Fosse also lost 12-0 to Forest!

More food for thought for the Board.... 

This is exactly why he must go NOW.   Surely the spread sheet boys in our analytics department can shove this under the Boards noses?  Keep him beyond Friday this week, and we are doomed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WinslowFox said:

What is actually going on?

Does anyone know?

I've been waiting for the day hes sacked for over a year now and still no nothing.

My mates the same, says he's not going home till Mr Rodgers leaves (he's very polite).

Polish_20220905_184230189.png

Edited by J. James