Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The club will need to communicate with fans very soon. There’s dignified silence and there’s poor communication.

We really messed up if we gave Rodgers so much power and so much faith that it’s no simple thing to sack him.

It's just a bit disgraceful on Brendan's part. Talk about players downing tools but this is the manager!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The club will need to communicate with fans very soon. There’s dignified silence and there’s poor communication.

We really messed up if we gave Rodgers so much power and so much faith that it’s no simple thing to sack him.

Why do they need to tell fans that they don't plan to sack him (yet)? lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Keep pushing guys we can get this too ay least 1500 pages before the axe falls.

We need David Zaslav who is the CEO of Warner Bros. Discovery and has been swinging his axe to movies and TV shows at Warners etc.

5 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Gerry Taggart, Matt Elliott etc haven’t sadly well to be fair they are LCFC TV employees so probably cannot share their true thoughts..

Ian also works for the club. But agree probably a bit different when the media is representative of the organisation

Edited by TK95

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I ain't reading like 20 pages has there anything concrete come out or is it usual suspects trying to looking itk predicting the inevitable 

Nothing. Looking like he will be in charge against villa 

I'm hoping that any delay is caused by us trying to negotiate as low a pay-off amount as possible. I'm pretty sure we have sacked managers in the evening before, so that could still happen this time around. The reduction in club social media was quite stark i thought, as has been the lack of social media posting from the players too. It really does not do anyone any good to let this continue any longer, the Villa game could be appallingly bad if he still stays in charge.

I am trying to think why Rodgers is still in a job, I'm starting to come up with more and more reasons as to why he's still at our club.  I'm even now thinking that our board have someone in mind for the job, but they aren't available as of yet, maybe a coach who will step down after their world cup stint, because our board can't be incompetent, they were just waiting for Rodgers to get us through to November.  I use to have faith in those at the top, but it is slowly ebbing away as the weeks go by, they don't look too competent at the moment after all these years of praise.

• Like 1

What are the owners ( Top) hoping by keeping Rodgers at the helm?

a) winning run - unlikely

b) improving the players - not likely

c) being a positive image - unlikely

There is no positives, just get rid. Rodgers has had his day, he’s done okay overall but he’s no longer the right man.

13 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Spurs game on Sky. Would love Souness to grill him and Rodge to squeal. 

If you'd listened to the longer piece, you'd realise Souness couldn't grill a ****ing kipper...

Edited by turtmcfly

3 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

The severance deal will be the issue I expect.

the problem is if you hold off pulling the trigger and wait and we lose to Villa, maybe Spurs and Forest (if he stays that long) and then bin him in the international break what have you gained? 

we fans are always told the top brass have a shopping list / priority list of potential players / managers lined up so they should know who they want. Whether who they want is available is another matter - and maybe they need time to talk to agents.

Remember each league position is worth about 8 million and of course relegation far more.  Its short sightedness to use severance costs as part of the decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Remember each league position is worth about 8 million and of course relegation far more.  Its short sightedness to use severance costs as part of the decision.

And every game we lose gives us more ground to make up. We do not have the luxury of waiting a few more games to make the change.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I really do wonder if we don’t have funds set aside for this. It’s a massive error if so. I can’t believe an experienced FD/CFO would make that error.

youd think we have the money to sack him after selling Fofana