Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, MPH said:

Dyche would be too old school for our squad.  He’d have them running up old John every morning and wouldn’t have a clue what to do with our training ground. Top would blow a gasket seeing the training ground not being used…

Pochettino would be my favorite but I’d take Bielsa too right now..

Is that why Burnley invested quite significantly in their training ground while Dyche was there then? There are plenty of hills around the Burnley area that they could have ran up instead...

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

But what if that money is already allocated? 

Its coming to the point I should say I dont want to say as it wil make me very unpopular.

So I will say only part of it.  There should never ever be a point for someone capable of running a football club that they are unable to sack a manager.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Exactly!! We can’t let a potential shock win on saturday paper over the cracks either… just for the record i can’t see us winning. But if we somehow win that still means nothing for this manager in my opinion 

It wouldn’t bother me Rodger’s being in charge for the rest of the season if we got the results, it’s clearly a difficult time for the club and I’d rather they did what’s best for the club, and if that means we have to be patient then that’s fine.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

What is good enough?  The bar is really low, they have to do better than 1 point every 6 games.

has to be the right appointment long term still. Not many decent managers would touch a team with a barge pole that appears to be in financial disarray and has little hope of making signings in January..

Just now, MPH said:

has to be the right appointment long term still. Not many decent managers would touch a team with a barge pole that appears to be in financial disarray and has little hope of making signings in January..

Interim manager is fine for our immediate problems and I think we need a transitional manager anyway to get us solid defensively again.

• Like 3

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Interim manager is fine for our immediate problems and I think we need a transitional manager anyway to get us solid defensively again.

Name me an interim manager that worked? If they do well there is pressure to hire permanently, which rarely ends well, and if they fail…well they fail.

5 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Is that why Burnley invested quite significantly in their training ground while Dyche was there then? There are plenty of hills around the Burnley area that they could have ran up instead...

not trying to be funny or elitist but their new training facilities cost £12m, seagrave cost about £100m..

Just now, Chrysalis said:

Its coming to the point I should say I dont want to say as it wil make me very unpopular.

So I will say only part of it.  There should never ever be a point for someone capable of running a football club that they are unable to sack a manager.

But who said that the “someone capable of running a football club” is unable to sack a manager, they obviously have a different opinion to the fans 

I’m not happy about it but I’m going to trust the process as that “someone capable of running a football club” in my opinion deserves that respect 

Think Hodgson and Big Sam as interims were pretty much proof it doesn’t work anymore. Equally if people believe our situation to be bad enough that it can’t attract better than Dyche than surely Dyche himself as second thoughts and thinks Bournemouth is a better role 

Just now, Ricey said:

Name me an interim manager that worked? If they do well there is pressure to hire permanently, which rarely ends well, and if they fail…well they fail.

Sure

Ferguson changed Everton's momentum when he was interim before they appointed Carlo, arguably Carlo was even riding on that with his good start.

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

But who said that the “someone capable of running a football club” is unable to sack a manager, they obviously have a different opinion to the fans 

I’m not happy about it but I’m going to trust the process as that “someone capable of running a football club” in my opinion deserves that respect 

I refuse to think that's the reason for obvious reasons, I responded to the theory asked to me directly.

I simply dont believe we cannot sack him, I think its a choice been made to give him more time.

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

It doesn’t make you unpopular. It makes you truthful. It would be a ridiculously poor decision. A liability like that not accounted for is crazy stupid. 

I’m hoping it’s just us being cute and trying to get the compensation figure down. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Think Hodgson and Big Sam as interims were pretty much proof it doesn’t work anymore. Equally if people believe our situation to be bad enough that it can’t attract better than Dyche than surely Dyche himself as second thoughts and thinks Bournemouth is a better role 

In the case of Allardyce, that West Brom team were truly unsavable. Of the team that he inherited, it Gallagher is still playing in the Premier league and that tells you all you need to know. I was more surprised that he took the job in the first place. You could tell after two games he realised that he shouldn't have.