Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Maybe it’s worth cutting Top some slack on this, not sure what the dynamic between them is and perhaps culling the man may be more challenging than just culling the manager.

Also, we are not getting Poch or Rose or Bielsa and I doubt we are reckless/brave enough to go for a hipster choice.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

What I fail to understand is that if we aren't going to get rid before the Villa game at least, what new depths exactly can Rodgers plumb which would make his job untenable that he hasn't already done?

Other than inching that bit further from safety towards relegation, what exactly can he do more that proves he's unable to push us forward that he already hasn't if the Brighton debacle wasn't enough???

Play Ward up front and Vardy in goal? 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

What are the owners ( Top) hoping by keeping Rodgers at the helm?

a) winning run - unlikely

b) improving the players - not likely

c) being a positive image - unlikely

There is no positives, just get rid. Rodgers has had his day, he’s done okay overall but he’s no longer the right man.

...the longer it takes for Top to act, the more his credibility will be shredded!!!

There is no upside to not following through, even if it is due to waiting for a candidate to become available either from a club or from the world cup. That would be something like 7 games to negotiate without a recognized manager in place. 

Stowell and Petty in charge for a few games would be ok but we need to have the new manager in place before the World Cup begins. We will have to look to prise someone away from their present club, but that will cost.

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I've managed to hold my sh!t together all day but I'm actually raging now. The fact that he's not been sacked is a disgrace  and shows a complete lack of balls on the boards behalf. 

Rodgers won't turn this around. Thays plain as day but the fact that we are holding out means that someone here still believes there is a chance he can which shows a complete ignorance to how bad a spot we are in right now. He will be sacked at some point, I'd bet my firstborn on that but the longer we pussyfoot about, the worse its going to be for whoever they manage to get in. 

What's worse, you would like to think that we are making better financial designs for the club than we are footballing ones but thays clearly not the case either. I honestly don't know how it got so bad, so fast. 

It's not just as simple as sacking him. I'd imagine there are negotiations taking place for him to leave but the club will want to get the best possible settlement and make it as cheap as possible. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe it’s worth cutting Top some slack on this, not sure what the dynamic between them is and perhaps culling the man my be more challenging than just culling the manager.

Also, we are not getting Poch or Rose or Bielsa and I doubt we are reckless/brave enough to go for a hipster choice.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter who we get. Not knowing who would take over means we don't know if it will work or not. Its 50/50. Sticking with Rodgers... we KNOW it doesn't work. 100%. So litteraly having no one is a step in the right direction. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scotch said:

To be honest, it doesn't really matter who we get. Not knowing who would take over means we don't know if it will work or not. Its 50/50. Sticking with Rodgers... we KNOW it doesn't work. 100%. So litteraly having no one is a step in the right direction. 

Don’t disagree, but we may need to have more patience than we would like. As I say, I have no idea on the dynamic between Top and Rodgers, but I could easily see Brendan being quite close to Top, and it might be difficult letting the man go rather than the manager.

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

What are the owners ( Top) hoping by keeping Rodgers at the helm?

a) winning run - unlikely

b) improving the players - not likely

c) being a positive image - unlikely

There is no positives, just get rid. Rodgers has had his day, he’s done okay overall but he’s no longer the right man.

The thing I take from this is - what's the difference in your eyes between 'not likely' and 'unlikely' :whistle:

22 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I think Brendan has likely overcomplicated even the basics of heading the ball clear from danger. Probably demands that it be headed to the feet of one of our players or not headed at all. Certainly feels like that with the way our players seem completely incapable of getting their head on balls. I remember Soyuncu with towering headers when he first broke into the team, and Evans is one of the best too. It's down to coaching and confidence. They are more than capable. 

I'd rather we shamelessly put it in row Z then p*** about at the back. Huth and Morgan weren't bad at it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Don’t disagree, but we may need to have more patience than we would like. As I say, I have no idea on the dynamic between Top and Rodgers, but I could easily see Brendan being quite close to Top, and it might be difficult letting the man go rather than the manager.

I can definately see that point but you've got to believe that someone as successful as Top has to be able to draw that line between liking someone and doing what's best for business. 

• Like 2

It's a big unprofessional really from the club, or Brendan, to publicly state the situation and how they want to change things for the better.

Am sure either Andrew Neville, Susan (most likely) or Top has had a meeting with him today (or will do soon).

Edited by Wymsey

How we got into a position where he felt emboldened or comfortable enough to openly disparage the quality of the squad is the biggest issue we currently face. All these pundits can say he's the right man to turn it around, look at the job he's done, or even blame entitled fans or high expectations- the most crucial factor is that he has probably lost the faith and trust of the most important people. If you lose the players there is no coming back.

I'll go back to it- we needed a galvaniser, somebody who could accept the tougher challenge that we now face. We've got the complete opposite.

Guest Kopfkino

I thought a couple of weeks ago that he would be around much longer than people thought or wanted. There’s other examples of us acting quite slowly on these things

But this was a point when I thought we’d muddle through, it be not much fun and be poor but not catastrophically bad. I don’t understand how anyone could watch yesterday’s game and come to any other conclusion than that he had to go straight away. It had all the hallmarks of the end for a manager and your head has got to be so far in the sand to think he can pull it back. 

I am shocked he’s still here and if he hasn’t gone today I don’t think he will go before Villa. 

Rapidly losing faith in those in charge. I have little belief that if he goes they’ve got any idea of what comes next.

5 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I'd rather we shamelessly put it in row Z then p*** about at the back. Huth and Morgan weren't bad at it

Also noticed that none of the current players throw themselves in front of balls like Morgan and Huth used to. The amount of times we were saved with a heroic block from one of those, or even Simpson or Fuchs. Miss those guys! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We are talking about all these candidates. These guys will want money. 

Biesla, though not my first choice, knows the league and likes a challenge - his career suggests that. He was also on our list a few years ago but unattainable. 

We just need this **** out. 

Enough speculating about who we would like to have as manager. It doesn't look like we're in a position to just go and buy out a manager from another club, so the number of options is reduced. It will be someone unemployed, with Premier League experience based on our track record. So probably Sean Dyche or Rafa Benitez. As for Bielsa, he would be a disaster.

Hopefully Dyche out of the three mentioned above for me. He kept Burnley in the Premier League for years with a Championship budget and squad because that's all he could afford. I can imagine how we'd play under him too, and I like it. Defensively well organised and tough to break down, with a strong emphasis on closing down the opposition aggressively. Using the ball quickly and directly when in attack, no mucking about with this 60% possession rubbish, just win the ball back and ping it into space for Barnes, Daka, Vardy to run on to. Out of your seats football, happy days. 

• Like 1

i can imagine, we will get a few rejections before moving on to the obvious names, then will decide dyche is not fashionable enough and settle for rafa… who will probably just about keep us safe. 

considering how little he was backed at everton he had an almost impossible job as the fans wanted him to fail from the start. Had there not been the toxic feeling around him maybe he would have done better but i’m not sure. 

There’s certainly worse choices than him but he’s not the man to bring us to huge success either

Edited by Lambert09

23 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

So you don’t think Bielsa would have them running up those hills then?

this is a fair point.  I feel that Bielsa is a more gifted and technical manager that would suit our players better. Pep guardiola credits him as the main influence on him and the best coach he knows.  So that’s got to carry some weight for me. I like the way Leeds played under him barring that final year of course.

• Like 2