Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

33 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

This comment pisses me off so much, the arrogance to coercively attempt to say we all agree with your narrow perception. 

You don't speak for me, or indeed anyone else, other than your own warped mindset. 

Fair point , my mistake .  I think he’s a idiot , I know when I see a fraud.  Brendan is a fraud .  I rather he leave than erode our foundations .  Really detest to twat .  I want him to prove me wrong , I actually enjoy being proved wrong . It doesn’t happen often I’ll tell you that .  

• Haha 2

I know our performances currently don't look like a top 6 or maybe even a top 8 side, but we've finished 5th two seasons running - both of which contained some pretty awful results. We're six games into this one and we haven't started well, but it is very early days, there is plenty of time for us to right ourselves.

Why is it every time we lose a match by an odd goal this thread goes hot. If we shithouse a victory nobody says anything. If we win by a couple of goals ,Rodgers is a near genius. He is nothing of the sort but he is better than most. We should get realistic in our expectations.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's 6 games in after finishing 5th two years in a row and off the back of an FA cup win.

See where we are in the new year. 

I’d say 10th in the PL

out the EL and Carabao cup

but still in the FA Cup 😉

8 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

For the last 2 games our XG has been significantly higher than Burnleys or Warsaws which indicates that we've just been unlucky/lack of clinical edge. 

I do believe we're on an upwards trend and a few games from now we'll look like we mean business 

As you'd expect, yet can you name me a moment when their 19 year old keeper making his debut was tested?

6 minutes ago, filbertway said:

As you'd expect, yet can you name me a moment when their 19 year old keeper making his debut was tested?

Comes down to lack of clinical edge in both boxes then. We had the chances to out score them in both games. Isn't that mostly the responsibility of the players to deliver rather than the way we were set up tactically? 

Yes, I agree with something said upthread, I'd like to see us sit a little deeper and stop trying to compress the game into the opposition final third. It'd do 2 things;  give us more space to get between the lines and give us more defensive cover. We should start looking more for longers balls 'down the channel' (for Vardy/Daka),  just mix it up a bit more. 

I still have faith in BR to turn it around (I'm hanging on though) but I see a willingness to change it up on Sunday more important than a result perhaps. I think that's what's turning fans, not the results so much as the performance and not seeming a willingness to try something else. 

I really don't think BR has enough time to change it up before Sunday though but maybe showing that willingness and it being  work in progress might be enough. Or a win any old how to buy some time.

Edited by drumbeat

29 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Comes down to lack of clinical edge in both boxes then. We had the chances to out score them in both games. Isn't that mostly the responsibility of the players to deliver rather than the way we were set up tactically? 

We're creating a high amount of low % scoring chances due to the way we play. It's the sheer quantity of shots that's upping the xG. We could do with increasing the average xG of our individual chances.

My argument would be, against teams of much lower quality, it shouldn't come down to fine margins. I'm actually surprised Legia's xG was lower than ours in the end considering they had 3 sitters.

3 hours ago, John rayner said:

Unfortunately, BR can't play the team he wants as we have 3 major players that are injured  at the heart of the defence ,

So he has to pick a team from the available squad, as all managers do.  The point people make on here is that he doesn't pick the best team from that pool because, game after game, the team that ends the game (after substitutions) looks much better than the one that starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Fair point , my mistake .  I think he’s a idiot , I know when I see a fraud.  Brendan is a fraud .  I rather he leave than erode our foundations .  Really detest to twat .  I want him to prove me wrong , I actually enjoy being proved wrong . It doesn’t happen often I’ll tell you that .  

Did he have a go on your mum or something?

This viritol towards him is way more than being annoyed at a manager for doing poorly

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Before I start, I’m not Brendan out… by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have concerns going forward. 

My concern is, during Brendans tenure his bad runs have been broken by summer breaks. The last two seasons have been excellent starts, and poor finishes. Has Brendan shown that he can turn a bad situation around during the season yet? For a lot of managers it’s all so easy when things are going well, but when the going gets tough it can often expose their shortcomings as coaches, because of the results aren’t coming often a change in approach is needed usually to temporarily divert away from a trusted formula until confidence is high enough to go back to it later. 

At the moment we look like we’re stuck in between a rock and a hard place, it’s clear Brendan is concerned about the defensive frailties, so he is setting the team up with that in mind, the issue is, we’re still trying to play a possession based football, whilst being not so much defensively aware, but more concerned about exposing the defence. 

Thing is, when you’re slowly passing the ball around, with little pace, tenacity and movement into spaces, it’s all too easy to defend against, because we’re clearly lacking in confidence, we often try to force a sequence of quick passes, give the ball away, and then end up being shafted because we’ve literally set up the oppositions counter attack, and without Evans commanding the back line it leaves us exposed. 

I want to see a change in tactic, it doesn’t mean we have to start smashing balls into channels for Vardy to chase, but we need to ensure that we transition quickly from defence to attack and not essentially walk to the halfway line expecting us to pass our way through the opposition and score. We could undo a team in a few passes, we’ve got the quality, Youri is as good a passer of the ball as anyone in world football, Barnes is unstoppable when he has momentum, and Lookman look later very much the same. We’ve also got a decent selection of capable attacking full backs too, so we need two switch the emphasis onto this, for now until we regain our confidence. 

The spine of the team is strong, and it is littered with talented players, but it is Brendan’s job to manage and coach the team, and I’m afraid even as a stout supporter of Brendan, he’s getting it wrong at the moment. 

Lad I work with is a “Liverpool” fan and he used to say when the going gets tough Rodgers would struggle, because he wouldn’t try to find a different way to play.

Form is a strange thing, how do the teams who ultimately win the league manage to do so? Because they can find other ways to win besides their normal template, we are capable of doing, but Rodgers needs to not be so stubborn and come up with another way to win games of football. At the moment we’re looking like a team with no answer, and with the attacking talent we have at the club this shouldn’t be the case.

I trust Brendan is smart enough to take a gamble and switch things up when it really gets to crunch time, and that’s why this weekend is so important, another fantastic opportunity for Brendan to get three points against an also labouring Palace team. 

We just need to switch things up a little bit, even if it is a simple as Youri looking into a channel to Barnes or Lookman, we need to find a way of getting the ball from the deep midfield to the attack quickly, because we all know when Vardy gets in behind, it spells danger to the Opposition, why not just be willing to concede possession and sit a little deeper and look for the counter, isn’t that exactly what palace will do to us? So turn up and start the game like that will hopefully tempt them to come at us a little bit, and leave the gaps in their defensive section of the pitch.  I have faith he will turn it around, but we all know how fickle football is, and we’ve got a hectic schedule coming up that could easily see us get sucked into a rut, or could see us push on and start getting some momentum going.

This is one of the best posts I've read on here in a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Our finishing yesterday was diabolical. I thought we created very little across the entire 90 mins but we still missed an open goal, missed a one on one (both Perez), missed a header from less than 6 yards out, had a goal unfairly ruled out and Maddison had a good chance.

Still think Legia had more chances though.

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

To be honest by the sounds of things, we need to win the league, champs league, euros, world cup & the copa america to make you happy. 

Never understood how anyone can have this much hatred for someone they have never met. 

I think he must be on a wind up, I've read some decent posts on here, from all points of view, but that is by far and away the worst 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

When was the last time you remember us putting a run of good performances together out of interest?

I think if you thought he was doing well and we looked good last season, then calling for him to be replaced on the back of similar performances where we've not had the luck is a bit idiotic tbf.

For me, we've looked poor under him for a long time now and it's only been the pure individual quality within our team that has won ous points a lot of the time. He's a different manager to the one that took over the club for me. It's absolutely no fun watching us play and hasn't been for a good 9 months, save a few 30-45 minute performances. I'd expect the manager that has had the best squad in my lifetime to be one of the most successful managers.

The past 9 months performances have been incredibly concerning and feels like we're regressing, reminds me of Ole getting bailed out by his class players the past few seasons. They picked up far more points than their performances deserved and it's been a similar tale for us in 2021. Weirdly people only seem to acknowledge how poor we have been when we don't get the rub of the green.

18-20 rodgers I was a big fan of. 2021 Rodgers is a different manager with a different footballing philosophy and it stinks.

I don’t get sucked in to runs of form good or bad unless it literally puts us in serious trouble.

What matters to me is the whole, and on the whole he has done a very good job, and did so also last season.

Now, that’s not to say I’m not concerned about our form and some of his decisions. I am, very. But we’ve shown to be a very streaky and inconsistent team, with him and before our time.

We could go on a run next week any start flying. For all I know we’ve altered our fitness conditioning and we are starting slow with an aim to build into things, rather than drop off. Rodgers used to say his teams finished a season strongly. 

Also, I can’t ignore injuries. Which had awful luck, I’m not sure he’s been able to field anything close to his best team for probably close to two years. What we did last season was a minor miracle considering the injuries. 

All things considered I just can’t fathom the idea of people seriously suggesting we replace him at THIS moment, doesn’t mean I expect people to be happy or not concerned. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I don’t get sucked in to runs of form good or bad unless it literally puts us in serious trouble.

What matters to me is the whole, and on the whole he has done a very good job, and did so also last season.

Now, that’s not to say I’m not concerned about our form and some of his decisions. I am, very. But we’ve shown to be a very streaky and inconsistent team, with him and before our time.

We could go on a run next week any start flying. For all I know we’ve altered our fitness conditioning and we are starting slow with an aim to build into things, rather than drop off. Rodgers used to say his teams finished a season strongly. 

Also, I can’t ignore injuries. Which had awful luck, I’m not sure he’s been able to field anything close to his best team for probably close to two years. What we did last season was a minor miracle considering the injuries. 

All things considered I just can’t fathom the idea of people seriously suggesting we replace him at THIS moment, doesn’t mean I expect people to be happy or not concerned. 

I worry about some things ridgers does. That said he is the best manager for us.  I cant think we would or could get anyone better.