Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

If history taught us anything, it's that that we don't need a fashionable name in this situation, surely? Maybe there is a reason why Dyche hasn't taken the Stoke or Bournemouth job yet, has someone at the club contacted him and told him an opportunity may be available for him soon? 

oh i agree but the club seem to prefer people with premier league experience which would limit the options 

33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe it’s worth cutting Top some slack on this, not sure what the dynamic between them is and perhaps culling the man may be more challenging than just culling the manager.

Also, we are not getting Poch or Rose or Bielsa and I doubt we are reckless/brave enough to go for a hipster choice.

Hipster choice lol

Is that meant to be a derisory dig at people that are suggesting managers that are currently low rep but achieving and on an upward curve?

Culling the man may be more challenging? Is Rodgers going to challenge him to a fight to the death or something?

Have you been on the ale? :D

• Like 2

Just now, EastAnglianFox said:

If we lose to Villa and still don't get rid then our finances are far, far worse than what we could have imagined surely?

I’m hoping we’re trying to play hardball with termination negotiations.

I guess the squad is good enough to stay up, so we may be trying to claw back some money whilst finding a replacement, but it’s really dragging the fanbase through the shit.

I should really try to find something else to do because this isn’t a fun place to be… expectation of a sacking, zero information, the looming inevitability of another dispiriting performance and result…

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

But what if that money is already allocated? 

....at the start of the window, it was one out one in, due to FFP!!!

So in order to sign a player, we had to have the available squad space to bring him in. We struggled to offload our fringe players due to the high wages that other clubs failed to match. Kasper went Smithies came in, Fofana went Faes came in. At that time we are not talking about not having any money, it was all about we needed the space in the squad to stay within FFP.

The chairman's statement said there is not a problem due to a lack of finance, a subsequent report then states we have a £119.5m amount of debt about to hit our next Balance Sheet and that is why we failed to buy in the transfer window. To top it all, it also points to our inability to release our incumbent manager from his post with immediate effect.

Common sense will tell you that the initial FFP problem was a lie due to the impending "black hole" which has now appeared. Why would our club choose to lie to us?

I do not believe that there is an unidentified "black hole" in our finance, it would take some kind of gargantuan mess up in order for this to be true. So which is it, are we so close to the edge that we have to tolerate a manager brazenly taunting us to relieve him of his post, or is this a power game being played out for all the world to see?

It can't end soon enough.

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Hipster choice lol

Is that meant to be a derisory dig at people that are suggesting managers that are currently low rep but achieving and on an upward curve?

Culling the man may be more challenging? Is Rodgers going to challenge him to a fight to the death or something?

Have you been on the ale? :D

Give over you daft bugger.  lol

I said hipster because I have no real clue who these next-big-thing-guys actually are!

The bit with Top was an attempt to offer some human empathy to the action of sacking someone who may also be a friend

But yes, I am having an ale.  :cool:

If he has any decency at all he should come to a mutual agreement with the club to leave that doesn't involve us having to fork out £10-20m. His recent actions however suggest he probably doesn't have any decency and will fleece the club for every last penny he can get! Wish he'd just fck off and resign and I may actually regain some respect for him. Seems harsh saying that as I will always have respect for our fa Cup win but his actions recently have really turned me against him! Feckin leprechaun! 

1 hour ago, splinterdream said:

It wouldn’t bother me Rodger’s being in charge for the rest of the season if we got the results, it’s clearly a difficult time for the club and I’d rather they did what’s best for the club, and if that means we have to be patient then that’s fine.

...you can say that for any manager!!!

So long as they pick up the points we need, then they are good for the club. We are looking at a manager who is failing and we are struggling for points and his attitude toward his players has alienated most of them. There is no pattern of play or understanding of what is required and the players have become demotivated and a shadow of themselves under him.

This is what the problem is, not just a case of liking or not liking the manager.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Honestly don’t know how I feel about someone like Dyche his time and style of play is so difficult to read into due to the finances and size of the club he was at in Burnley.

He’s a pragmatist, he works with what he has and tries to get the best out of it.

I keep saying it but he ticks all the boxes, he has Premier League experience, can work on a shoestring and he can get players playing above themselves. He

went stale at Burnley but thats Modern Football, most managers can get about 3-5 good years max. 

He wouldnt be my first choice but I think its what we’ll end up with. 

11 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

If he has any decency at all he should come to a mutual agreement with the club to leave that doesn't involve us having to fork out £10-20m. His recent actions however suggest he probably doesn't have any decency and will fleece the club for every last penny he can get! Wish he'd just fck off and resign and I may actually regain some respect for him. Seems harsh saying that as I will always have respect for our fa Cup win but his actions recently have really turned me against him! Feckin leprechaun! 

If we’re stupid enough to give him a contract that large he’s more than entitled to take the full fee. 

Id imagine it would be less than the full fee though, payoffs in football are rarely the value of the contract entirety.

10 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Honestly don’t know how I feel about someone like Dyche his time and style of play is so difficult to read into due to the finances and size of the club he was at in Burnley.

Regardless, you know he’d toughen us up and make us harder to beat.

He’s pretty much exactly what we need for a couple of years.

• Like 1