Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Fuchs sticking his ore in in defence of Rodgers now. Funny how it’s being reported on by the BBC yet they aren’t running with the several pundits who are rightly criticising him. His close personal friend Phil McNulty wouldn’t allow it.

I don’t know why people are scoffing at Bielsa. He’s a rich man’s Dyche, he got miracles out of this Leeds players for 3 seasons, playing more attractive football. He wouldn’t be my first choice but I’d have him over Dyche.

2 reasons. first because he is even more stubborn than brendan, he won’t even consider adapting his approach no matter how a game is going. He’d rather concede 7 than switch tactics to be more solid in a game. 

The second is his general style is great but does exhaust a squad and risks injuries. He would be ideal in a large high quality squad but when you only have 13/14 decent players it’s a little risky. Leeds often struggled later in seasons when the tiredness kicked in. 

Overall he’s a top manager and could be good but the faults are there for all to see 

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

I’d gladly be proven wrong mate but from what I’ve heard he’s safe for now.

Thats not the part I was disputing, the part I'm disputing is we cannot afford to sack him and only will when disaster is upon us which will likely be too late. They have the money to replace him. I don't know why he is still here but this happened with Puel long past when he was done here.

We are in unchartered territory though as a defeat on Saturday is 6 straight losses which is more than any of those that did get binned in Sven, Nigel, Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel.

13 minutes ago, Shane said:

Ramadaone is usually spot on. Surely he’s gone tomorrow

He is but perhaps the matter isn’t as straightforward as was thought yesterday 

I am a little intrigued as to how long rodgers will stay and risk his stock being damaged 

he’s currently insulated by the narrative he’s farmed over the past few months -but the media are slowly cottoning onto the fact that whilst he can argue he hasn’t had any support in the summer window, he should still be doing better with what he has.   

perhaps he has dared top to sack him and top is staring him down - maybe top has told him that he doesn’t have the bottle to take the club down and have a relegation on his CV. That if he’s not going to see the season out then he needs to resign quickly to avoid his grubby mits being all over the demise of the club.  In that context a lower severance package could be negotiated. 

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Changed his tune real quick didn't he as soon as he realised he was in the minority.

To be fair you'll never hear any Radio Leicester analyst talk like that. I think he's off at the end of the season so probably doesn't care too much either way but fair play to him for what he has said. 

I'm actually very surprised at tonight's show in general. Isn't the kind of programme you make if you think the manager is staying long. Especially after how long it's taken them to repair their relationship with the club. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Shane said:

Ramadaone is usually spot on. Surely he’s gone tomorrow

What did he say or is it private?

Think I found it, I assume is this.

So you guys are saying he is normally right in posts like this not a pretend?

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Thats not the part I was disputing, the part I'm disputing is we cannot afford to sack him and only will when disaster is upon us which will likely be too late. They have the money to replace him. I don't know why he is still here but this happened with Puel long past when he was done here.

We are in unchartered territory though as a defeat on Saturday is 6 straight losses which is more than any of those that did get binned in Sven, Nigel, Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel.

I thought that’s what you were disputing mate but from what I’ve heard it stretches us massively to get him gone and that’s the biggest reason he’s still here and will be for the foreseeable.

8 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Changed his tune real quick didn't he as soon as he realised he was in the minority.

Really unfair. Think he flipped not over the football which a lot of us did; but how he was talking about the club and the players 

Weve all listened to Piper for a few years now and cannot remember him being to visceral about the manager. I’ve wanted him gone since forest cos his race was run then. But gone into full hatred since the way he spoke about the owners, transfers and the players. The shit he said about Castagne and Soyuncu was unbelievable 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

2 reasons. first because he is even more stubborn than brendan, he won’t even consider adapting his approach no matter how a game is going. He’d rather concede 7 than switch tactics to be more solid in a game. 

The second is his general style is great but does exhaust a squad and risks injuries. He would be ideal in a large high quality squad but when you only have 13/14 decent players it’s a little risky. Leeds often struggled later in seasons when the tiredness kicked in. 

Overall he’s a top manager and could be good but the faults are there for all to see 

I like Bielsa but bringing him into a club without a pre-season would be a disaster. Our players aren’t fit enough to play the unambitious style Rodgers wants to play, let alone Bielsa.

1 minute ago, GingerrrFox said:

I thought that’s what you were disputing mate but from what I’ve heard it stretches us massively to get him gone and that’s the biggest reason he’s still here and will be for the foreseeable.

It can't stretch us more than relegation would though - surely anyone can see that let alone so-called astute business people?

In that case we'll be playing Championship football next season 

I think Ric means regarding having the money to get rid and replace him but I’ve heard that’s one of the biggest reasons the board want to give him more time.

We have just sold Fofona im sure there is room for a sacking plus surely the payment won't be up front, the board gave him that deal so should honor it if they have to.

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

This it NOT Tops fault we are in this mess. He pays people good money to run the football business and they have all screwed up, bar Susan I would imagine.  

There must be reasons BR is still currently employed.  May be Top is on his way from Bangkok to inform Rogers face to face? None of know but to see people turning on Top is very sad.    

You're being subjective - allowing sentiment for Vichai to flow over to Top. Football is often a badly run business, where favouritism and nepotism are in ample supply. Ex-players are gifted jobs because they were capable footballers or liked by fans - in what other businesses do these count as qualifications? Incompetence or unsuitability is rewarded - leave a job because you can't get your team to perform and walk into another job.

Top isn't Vichai. We've all seen sons fail to emulate their fathers in their professions. We are the people who enable the owners, by our continued enthusiasm and cash, to pay good money. You don't really know who's screwed up because the 'board' keep schtum about what's going on. I recall my ex-boss telling me about his son - who was a big Leeds fan. He told the boy that he might love Leeds but Leeds didn't give a fvck about him. We're the ones who care most about City but have the least say in how it's run.

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Super news!  - guaranteed relegation won’t ‘stretch’ us at all 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

It doesn't because you don't pay the managers contract in full, the majority have a release clause that is equivalent to a severance clause. Rodgers was believed to be around £14m. That won't be payable up front and hit the accounts in one go either. It would be paid over the remainder of his contract or at the very least in instalments. Either way its not that detrimental to the accounts and FFP as some fear.

I'd not be surprised from risk management that this would already be largely accounted for as clubs can never be put in a position where short term restrictions on decisions can threaten the long term financial position and business as a going concern.

• Like 1