Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

I've heard he and the club are in negotiations regarding his severance. Hence the radio silence.

I don't claim to be ITK but this is what a mate of mine claims that he has been told.

Bert started a similar rumour three weeks ago. The 'fire' didn't die down for days afterwards.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I thought that’s what you were disputing mate but from what I’ve heard it stretches us massively to get him gone and that’s the biggest reason he’s still here and will be for the foreseeable.

If that is true then the club need to be firm, tell him to wind his neck in, apologise to the players and work harder to improve this mess.

3 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I've heard he and the club are in negotiations regarding his severance. Hence the radio silence.

I don't claim to be ITK but this is what a mate of mine claims that he has been told.

Does your mate work at KFC…

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

If pipes gets sacked for what he said it shows how crazy the word actually is. He called a lemon a lemon nothing wrong with that. What Rodgers has said over the last six months has 100% contributed to our poor form. Sack him now he has done some good in his time here but this is really bad. 

5 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I like Bielsa but bringing him into a club without a pre-season would be a disaster. Our players aren’t fit enough to play the unambitious style Rodgers wants to play, let alone Bielsa.

They can have the world cub break to get fit then.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It doesn't because you don't pay the managers contract in full, the majority have a release clause that is equivalent to a severance clause. Rodgers was believed to be around £14m. That won't be payable up front and hit the accounts in one go either. It would be paid over the remainder of his contract or at the very least in instalments. Either way its not that detrimental to the accounts and FFP as some fear.

I'd not be surprised from risk management that this would already be largely accounted for as clubs can never be put in a position where short term restrictions on decisions can threaten the long term financial position and business as a going concern.

We’d have to shift Driscoll, Touré and Davies as well as Brendan. The sums of money we are talking is money that we refused to spend on players this summer, I know Top has said the club is secure financially but let’s be honest we are stretched to the maximum that they are comfortable to stretch it too. The club has been running at some substantial losses for a long period of time and the economic climate is bleak. Combine that with there being no outstanding candidate to come in and you can see why they are hesitant. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

You won't find me shedding a tear when we go down with this **** in charge. Why should we give a **** when those running the club don't seem to. I love Top and his family for everything they've done for us but right now you're failing us 

Because it's our club :(

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Rumour is he is safe for the minute and if true, frankly, we deserve to be relegated.

Top, the board, etc - what are you doing?

What happens after the minute

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

We’d have to shift Driscoll, Touré and Davies as well as Brendan. The sums of money we are talking is money that we refused to spend on players this summer, I know Top has said the club is secure financially but let’s be honest we are stretched to the maximum that they are comfortable to stretch it too. The club has been running at some substantial losses for a long period of time and the economic climate is bleak. Combine that with there being no outstanding candidate to come in and you can see why they are hesitant. 

Don't bin off his cronies then, they'll soon jump ship when Brendan rocks up at Villa

If he doesn't get sacked, it's a pretty surefire sign that the rumours about our financial situation are true IMHO. It's the only real logical conclusion, surely?

Or we're accepting the possibility of relegation but why would we do that if we were in a position to do something about it? 

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I get all that but surely the Fofana money was an unexpected "bonus"? And I would hope that they've also fully costed the ever-increasing risk of relegation as a consequence of the "do nothing" option

10 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

The combined pay off for them all is much less than £20m