Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm just venting mate. Of course I'll be devastated. I'm just so frustrated with the state of this club 

I think we all are. And a lot of it spills out emotionally on here for us all, myself included! 

I just hope fans don't lose all trust with Top just because Rodgers wasn't sacked today. I hold out hope it still gets done before Villa. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He’s going nowhere for the foreseeable unless something big changes. We can’t afford to get rid and replace him. 

The thing is, what big change can there be? It's the end of the road now, the board need to bite the bullet and stop the rot.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think we all are. And a lot of it spills out emotionally on here for us all, myself included! 

I just hope fans don't lose all trust with Top just because Rodgers wasn't sacked today. I hold out hope it still gets done before Villa. 

If it doesn't happen tomorrow, he's not going before Villa. 

Just now, daddylonglegs said:

Why would Rodgers be any part of negotiating a severance deal? ‘Sure, pay me less than what you owe me!’

What a stupid rumour. 

His self preservation of reputation will kick in, his ego wouldn’t take relegation. He’ll want out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

But who also had a track record of keeping a criminally under funded Burnley team in the EPL for years. Yeah. 

yes yes - i hear you all. A guy who had a win % of 35% at Burnley is the best we can hope for. Bielsa isnt the messiah either.

14 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

We’d have to shift Driscoll, Touré and Davies as well as Brendan. The sums of money we are talking is money that we refused to spend on players this summer, I know Top has said the club is secure financially but let’s be honest we are stretched to the maximum that they are comfortable to stretch it too. The club has been running at some substantial losses for a long period of time and the economic climate is bleak. Combine that with there being no outstanding candidate to come in and you can see why they are hesitant. 

Why can't they stay? I'm sure we can find them new job that they are just going to love to keep when Brendan gets his new job.

Maybe Touré could use the opportunity to get himself fit.

29 minutes ago, eblair said:

Really unfair. Think he flipped not over the football which a lot of us did; but how he was talking about the club and the players 

Weve all listened to Piper for a few years now and cannot remember him being to visceral about the manager. I’ve wanted him gone since forest cos his race was run then. But gone into full hatred since the way he spoke about the owners, transfers and the players. The shit he said about Castagne and Soyuncu was unbelievable 

I was on me holibobs last week with no phone signal or Wi-Fi, I must've missed that if it was recent. What did he say?

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

You won't find me shedding a tear when we go down with this **** in charge. Why should we give a **** when those running the club don't seem to. I love Top and his family for everything they've done for us but right now you're failing us 

Yet you say that without any knowledge of what is actually going on, what the ramifications might be or what they are actually doing about it?

This is big big business involving millions of pounds yet you assume it's as easy as buying a burger from McDonald's and sitting at a computer scratching your bollocks clutching a bag of cheesy wotsits. Every single million let alone thousand of pounds counts. There are legal ramifications and trying to navigate with and around them, let alone trying to possibly find another manager behind the scenes legally and within the rules. They may have someone in mind at another club or someone you've never even considered or heard of.

There's a fine line between genius and stupidity. Our owners are not nieve or stupid people but there are delicate negotiations all round to be had for the benefit of their business and theirs and our football club. Such things, albeit annoyingly, take time. Let's not pretend, me included, that we have the foggiest idea about these things. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

His self preservation of reputation will kick in, his ego wouldn’t take relegation. He’ll want out.

This doesn’t matter in my opinion.

He has created the narrative that is in the media. . 

He will leave the club as someone who guided us to a European semi final & FA cup champions, before being let down by the club financially.  

Being relegated is irrelevant when that narrative is exists. 

12 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Interested if he doesn't go, who he throws under the bus this weekend and what statements he makes to try and force them to sack him.

tea lady and kit man this week Soon only be himself left, wait no its the media, oh and its his parents for how he is. forgot his staff