Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Tielemans63 said:

Just to reiterate, if you read all my thousands of posts, I've claimed to be ITK only once in more than a decade on here, when I knew Wilf had signed before it was announced because my Dad sold him a car! It might be that I'm on the end of a wind up and will end up looking like a twat but I've received a message from a mate about someone he knows.

Basically, I started by just saying 'has he gone yet? as a throw away'. Mate responds. He works in the legal profession, obviously has friends in the legal profession. Negotiations been going on for a while apparently regarding severance. 

He might be winding me up but I'm just posting what he said.

Would be incredibly surprised if severance negotiations have reached the external firm as yet. Apart from the GC himself, negotiations around settlement would be secretive up and until a deal in principle is reached. There is actually no reason to get lawyers involved at this stage.

Might be true but the it’s unlikely to have been leaked this far that external lawyers are involved to know. Unless your mates, mate is the GC that is - I think he might be pulling your leg. 

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

yes yes - i hear you all. A guy who had a win % of 35% at Burnley is the best we can hope for. Bielsa isnt the messiah either.

So what win rate under the same conditions do you think Rodgers would achieve with his philosophy? No money for players, work with what you've got on a shoestring budget. 

No hiding place at Burnley for Brendan. 

3 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

At Burnley, yes. Holy cow, do people not get it?  He worked miracles there and did what he had to do. Do people really think he’d come here, out Vesty up front and just limp it up?

He is better than that and given a decent team you would likely see a different Dyche, but with the same underpinnings of organisation, teamwork, desire and fight. 

I don’t like Dyche and never have. However I like my team enough to put that aside for someone who could inject into this sorry shower of shite the things we need. 

So we are pinning our hopes on a manager coming in and playing a style of play that he has little to no experience with? That is arguably a bigger risk than asking him to come here and play the Burnley way with this squad.

I really must stop responding to every pro-Dyche post.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

i can imagine, we will get a few rejections before moving on to the obvious names, then will decide dyche is not fashionable enough and settle for rafa… who will probably just about keep us safe. 

considering how little he was backed at everton he had an almost impossible job as the fans wanted him to fail from the start. Had there not been the toxic feeling around him maybe he would have done better but i’m not sure. 

There’s certainly worse choices than him but he’s not the man to bring us to huge success either

...I would rather bring in a manager from the continent in the second tier to come in rather than Dyche, Benitez, Bielsa, or OGS!!!

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Would be incredibly surprised if severance negotiations have reached the external firm as yet. Apart from the GC himself, negotiations around settlement would be secretive up and until a deal in principle is reached. There is actually no reason to get lawyers involved at this stage.

Might be true but the it’s unlikely to have been leaked this far that external lawyers are involved to know. Unless your mates, mate is the GC that is - I think he might be pulling your leg. 

You might well be right mate. He's one of my oldest mates but he is also a **** lol

As I say, not posting for attention or likes, more that I'm desperately hoping he actually does know something and it's true. He has worked with Premier League clubs and players in the past so I'm really hoping he does know someone who knows something.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSoxUK said:

Can't help with the public comments (though likely ego,) as for the selection decisions it's quite obvious he's trying to shure up the backline looking for the right combination as they're all, pretty awful it had to be said. 

His tinkering is a direct result of being as leaky as Severn Trent Water.

If he was trying to shore up the back line then he wouldn’t be playing Ward in goal. It’s absolutely clear that he’s not good enough and never was. if he was trying to shore up the back line he would be starting Castagne, he would’ve managed Soyuncu back to the player he was when he replaced and outshone Maguire. He would’ve managed the experienced international defenders he has at his disposal so they were continually improving. Instead under his leadership EVERY defensive player has regressed.  

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would rather bring in a manager from the continent in the second tier to come in rather than Dyche, Benitez, Bielsa, or OGS!!!

I think that puts us at greater risk of being in the relegation mix come the end of the season. Personal opinion though, as who knows. 

I just think these players need someone with good man management skills but also someone who knows the league and will give the players a kick up the arse and an injection of confidence. Dyche for a short-term is a good option for all that IMO. 

Looking abroad at an unknown may be more exciting, but comes with greater risks right now. They will also have to work on a shoe-string budget, whilst still making us competitive. Something Dyche is renowned for. Finishing 7th with that Burnley side was pretty impressive too. He is far from perfect, but still a good option right now. Staying in the Premier League is so important whilst we ride out these financial difficulties.