Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Htfox59 said:

Be careful for what you wish for. How is another manager going to do better atm. Who would take the job on? Who of quality is around? Anyone thought to be a good fit is probably in a job doing a good job where he is. Changing is going to be a big risk. Trust me.

I don't know you so I wouldn't trust you. Add to that your comments suggest you're totally off your rocker on some serious pharmaceuticals and I think I'll pass. Thanks :thumbup:

• Like 3

Just can't see Brendan being the manager at the weekend game at the KP.

He's disrespected the owners and yesterday blamed the Leicester fans at the Amex for causing problems for the city players.

Does he want  30,000 fans booing him or a riot.

Think he's engineered this so he gets out the club before Saturday either sacked or a mutual agreement

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

4 minutes ago, Htfox59 said:

Be careful for what you wish for. How is another manager going to do better atm. Who would take the job on? Who of quality is around? Anyone thought to be a good fit is probably in a job doing a good job where he is. Changing is going to be a big risk. Trust me.

No it’s not, a change is needed more than ever. If you think that this can be reversed then your deluded.

At least if we change and we go down it will feel like we have given it a fight we are just plummeting lower and lower at this point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I don't know you so I wouldn't trust you. Add to that your comments suggest you're totally off your rocker on some serious pharmaceuticals and I think I'll pass. Thanks :thumbup:

I shall go past the insults and ask. Who is out there available to us. You would again think, anyone decent is in a job. Possibly Sean Dyche has rested up, and for me, would be the owners choice to get us out of this situation.

31 minutes ago, lexluther said:

Brendan Rodgers is an interesting case. As both a Liverpool and Celtic supporter I've watched him closely for years. A key component of management is recruitment. This is a facet of management at which I think Rodgers is very poor at. At Liverpool he bought in Coutinho, Sturridge and Firmino. At Celtic his best buys were Dembele and Sinclair. Considering the amount of players and the money he spent at both clubs that is a miserable success rate. 

You could argue that he was successful at Liverpool and especially Celtic. However on closer inspection these 'successes are qualified'. His success at Liverpool was much helped by inheriting Suarez and Sterling. He failed to build a solid back line at Anfield and if he had we would have won the league in 2014. He was uber successful at Celtic but he had no viable competition. Rangers were in a pitiful state and were just getting back on their feet by the time he left. 

When he came to Celtic he stated if was a dream job and that he was a Celtic supporter growing up etc. Nothing wrong with that except the manner of leaving made those words sound so hollow. Someone in their dream job waits until the summer and makes a clean break with his standing with supporters still intact. During his time at Celtic he humiliated a legend of the club by implying that McGrain was desperate for a job at Parkhead. This implication has been shown to be patent nonsense. 

This brings me to his personality. He tries to come across all mannerly and nice but unfortunately he just comes across as fake as his teeth. He's not someone you'd like to have a drink with to chat football. I admire how successful he has made himself from genuinely humble beginnings. But he is chronically lacking in self awareness. 

Now moving onto Leicester City. Brendan is clearly a ruthless and driven operator. Leicester offered a route back to the PL and he took it double quick even leaving his 'dream job' during a season. In 2019 in signed Tielemans. Castagne and Fofana in 2020. Three truly good signings. He inherited Schmeichel, Soyuncu, Albrighton, Vardy, Maddison, Maguire, Evans, Ndidi, Iheanacho and Chilwell. That's an impressive group of players. Schmeichel, Chilwell and Maguire have moved on. Fofana bought and sold by Rodgers. I see the remaining group of players as being at least worthy of finishing somewhere between 8-10. 

At Celtic in the summer of 2018 he pulled the same I'm not being backed bullshit when he didn't get John McGinn. The reality was though even without McGinn he had comfortably the best squad in Scotland. He had signed so much shit I don't blame the Celtic board for not giving in to his every whim. We had also broken our transfer record to bring in Edouard that very summer. Again I go back to his lack of self awareness. Truly chronic. 

I would say if you asked Rodgers why is he not liked he would be genuinely bamboozled by the question. Celtic fans hate him and I sense from what I'm reading here that you guys can't see him leave the club faster enough which is fascinating considering he won the FA Cup with ye. But honestly when you drill down and properly analyse his time at clubs he just not a very good manager. To be honest I don't think Top did his research when hiring Rodgers. On the surface Rodger's record looks fantastic but as I say. 

I get managers have to exude confidence and steel like self belief but on the flip side self awareness and humility are such important human attributes. Curiously enough Neil Lennon also showed himself to be incapable of accepting responsibilities during his second spell at Celtic and also chronically lacking in self awareness. Yet Martin O'Neill of both Celtic and Leicester is a hero at both clubs and rightly so. 

The bottom line is Rodgers needs to go. He is wealthy enough to be humble enough to hold his hands up and say I'm not good enough for this job anymore. Yes he'll lose millions but it will be a start in trying to repair his reputation as a human being. 

Some good points there you can relate to, Tielmans was a Puel signing ( loan ) so Rodgers really can’t be credited with that one so when you look at his signings there is a lot more failures than success 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lexluther said:

Brendan Rodgers is an interesting case. As both a Liverpool and Celtic supporter I've watched him closely for years. A key component of management is recruitment. This is a facet of management at which I think Rodgers is very poor at. At Liverpool he bought in Coutinho, Sturridge and Firmino. At Celtic his best buys were Dembele and Sinclair. Considering the amount of players and the money he spent at both clubs that is a miserable success rate. 

You could argue that he was successful at Liverpool and especially Celtic. However on closer inspection these 'successes are qualified'. His success at Liverpool was much helped by inheriting Suarez and Sterling. He failed to build a solid back line at Anfield and if he had we would have won the league in 2014. He was uber successful at Celtic but he had no viable competition. Rangers were in a pitiful state and were just getting back on their feet by the time he left. 

When he came to Celtic he stated if was a dream job and that he was a Celtic supporter growing up etc. Nothing wrong with that except the manner of leaving made those words sound so hollow. Someone in their dream job waits until the summer and makes a clean break with his standing with supporters still intact. During his time at Celtic he humiliated a legend of the club by implying that McGrain was desperate for a job at Parkhead. This implication has been shown to be patent nonsense. 

This brings me to his personality. He tries to come across all mannerly and nice but unfortunately he just comes across as fake as his teeth. He's not someone you'd like to have a drink with to chat football. I admire how successful he has made himself from genuinely humble beginnings. But he is chronically lacking in self awareness. 

Now moving onto Leicester City. Brendan is clearly a ruthless and driven operator. Leicester offered a route back to the PL and he took it double quick even leaving his 'dream job' during a season. In 2019 in signed Tielemans. Castagne and Fofana in 2020. Three truly good signings. He inherited Schmeichel, Soyuncu, Albrighton, Vardy, Maddison, Maguire, Evans, Ndidi, Iheanacho and Chilwell. That's an impressive group of players. Schmeichel, Chilwell and Maguire have moved on. Fofana bought and sold by Rodgers. I see the remaining group of players as being at least worthy of finishing somewhere between 8-10. 

At Celtic in the summer of 2018 he pulled the same I'm not being backed bullshit when he didn't get John McGinn. The reality was though even without McGinn he had comfortably the best squad in Scotland. He had signed so much shit I don't blame the Celtic board for not giving in to his every whim. We had also broken our transfer record to bring in Edouard that very summer. Again I go back to his lack of self awareness. Truly chronic. 

I would say if you asked Rodgers why is he not liked he would be genuinely bamboozled by the question. Celtic fans hate him and I sense from what I'm reading here that you guys can't see him leave the club faster enough which is fascinating considering he won the FA Cup with ye. But honestly when you drill down and properly analyse his time at clubs he just not a very good manager. To be honest I don't think Top did his research when hiring Rodgers. On the surface Rodger's record looks fantastic but as I say. 

I get managers have to exude confidence and steel like self belief but on the flip side self awareness and humility are such important human attributes. Curiously enough Neil Lennon also showed himself to be incapable of accepting responsibilities during his second spell at Celtic and also chronically lacking in self awareness. Yet Martin O'Neill of both Celtic and Leicester is a hero at both clubs and rightly so. 

The bottom line is Rodgers needs to go. He is wealthy enough to be humble enough to hold his hands up and say I'm not good enough for this job anymore. Yes he'll lose millions but it will be a start in trying to repair his reputation as a human being. 

Firmino and Sturridge were not his signings. The club signed Firmino while he signed Benteke for £30m(FLOP). For me, he failed at Liverpool because:

- He bottled the league by not reacting tactically in the 2nd half of the Chelsea game.

- He NEVER fixed our defence.

- He bottled Top 4 despite Utd losing 3 games in a row in April

- Rubbish in Europe

- Bottled an FA cup semi against a Villa side that was fighting relegation.

https://www.balls.ie/amp/football/brendan-rodgers-didnt-want-daniel-sturridge-times-journalist-claims-118081

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/brendan-rodgers-doubts-signing-roberto-20070156

Edited by Liv323536
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Finn Claw II said:

A new manager might:

1. Drop Ward

2.  play a low block / 2 lines of 4 / play defenders in defence - basically any form of defensive system

3.  Not throw Cags in the bin

4. Utilise pace (Daka, Barnes) by playing the ball forward faster

5. Get anything out of Preat, Albrigbton  or even Perez as attacking options off the bench

6. Bring any degree on confidence back to the team

7. Play with a greater degree of intensity - actually close down players

8.  Explain to Thomas how to track back

9. Get N’diddi playing like any near his best

10.  In Jan not sign more dross

11. Use 5 subs effectively 

i honestly think you could sack him and install a potato as head coach and we’d probably get a better result against Villa.

As someone alluded to earlier. He will probably get the sack, and move on to another club and do very well. It sounds crazy I know, but we will probably look then and regret.

2 minutes ago, Htfox59 said:

As someone alluded to earlier. He will probably get the sack, and move on to another club and do very well. It sounds crazy I know, but we will probably look then and regret.

I expect he will probably do what we he has done here at somewhere like Villa

Have a period of success for about 2 years and after that once his actions start taking more of a grip on the club he is at it will go downhill again

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, Htfox59 said:

We know he intends to do well the first couple of seasons or so, but when he starts to spend money it all goes out the window. He has run his course here, no chance he is capable of turning this around 

2 minutes ago, J. James said:

This "Dyche isn't good enough for us" BS needs to stop, we will go down with the fraud and stay up with Dyche.

Frankly we'd be lucky to get him before its too late.

We will not get a "top" name with a proven track record but Dyche has a good record of getting the best out of his limited talent pool.

But no doubt if he got us to the heady heights of 17th on May 28th there would still be many bemoaning our style!

The man should be approached and given the chance to do what he can to save us.

There is no BS. People have opinions on the matter. 

However, look around us. Crystal Palace going for Vieira, Leeds going for Marsch, Brighton finding Potter, Frank doing a fantastic job at Brentford. Whilst we have been paying the dwarfian fraud crazy money, the rest of the league has found far better, hungrier managers who are playing great football.  Surely there is a forward looking option that doesn’t feel so desperate. 

• Like 4