Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Roosters boots said:

Some good points there you can relate to, Tielmans was a Puel signing ( loan ) so Rodgers really can’t be credited with that one so when you look at his signings there is a lot more failures than success 

Fofana and catsagne so far, I think Daka will be decent but needs to play every week, I’ve seen little praise for that goal he scored Saturday which was really well taken 

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Can we stop these lines like ‘KP believe in honour’ ‘KP believe in respect’. Christ we all do.

And also lines like “Top is a successful businessman” and “Top’s not stupid, you don’t get where he is in the business world without being smart”.

He was born into daddy’s success and fortune. He’s not had to earn a difficult dollar in his whole life.

6 minutes ago, Htfox59 said:

As someone alluded to earlier. He will probably get the sack, and move on to another club and do very well. It sounds crazy I know, but we will probably look then and regret.

Never regret, only look forward. If another club will take him, I’m sure he will find short term success but i imagine the same problems will resurface. He has made his position unworkable.

However, the top 6 are out, and it will take a brave club in that middle tier to adhere to his demands. His behaviour would really worry a potential employer and I’m not convinced even Villa would go for him, as his style is looking outdated and managers know how to play against his teams. Maybe Villa would if Gerard continues to struggle. I don’t know. 

1 minute ago, lexluther said:

Question for you Foxes. If I gave you the squad Rodgers inherited from Puel or the one he is likely to leave behind shortly which would you rather inherit as a manager?

I’ve made comments about Puel and how he was trying to revolutionise the side and nearly achieved it before being sacked, this is the side Rodger’s inherited, I do think even though I wanted Puel gone, the man knew what he was doing more than we gave him credit for. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

I’ve made comments about Puel and how he was trying to revolutionise the side and nearly achieved it before being sacked, this is the side Rodger’s inherited, I do think even though I wanted Puel gone, the man knew what he was doing more than we gave him credit for. 

I agree in terms of players / squad he was trying to build, but the football was dreadful,,, just like Rodgers ball 

2 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I agree in terms of players / squad he was trying to build, but the football was dreadful,,, just like Rodgers ball 

Yeh it almost feels like Puel could have been a class DOF as he clearly has an eye for talent but just lacked at being a coach. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I think players like Vardy and Kasper weren't staying under Puel, and for that reason alone he needed to go when he did. 

The very best thing about Rodgers was he commanded the respect of our bigger players and we were able to use them as big role models alongside the younger players. Puel just wanted to uproot all that. Of course i think his time is now up but at the time Rodgers was the perfect fit for us.

1 minute ago, TMELcfc said:

He was tasked with turning us into a possession based team, playing with 2 cdms forced us to pass the ball through midfield rather than look for the long ball to Vardy, Vardy got isolated as a lone striker as he couldn’t play with his back to goal (think he still struggles), but then we bought in youri tielemens who seemed to be the missing piece of the jigsaw, but by that time I think he’d lost the players and was sacked. Just my theory looking back on it. He developed Chilwell, bought in Ricardo, I honestly thought when Rodger’s came in, the next season we’d be challenging for Europe