Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Chocolate Teapot
13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don’t get sucked in to runs of form good or bad unless it literally puts us in serious trouble.

What matters to me is the whole, and on the whole he has done a very good job, and did so also last season.

Now, that’s not to say I’m not concerned about our form and some of his decisions. I am, very. But we’ve shown to be a very streaky and inconsistent team, with him and before our time.

We could go on a run next week any start flying. For all I know we’ve altered our fitness conditioning and we are starting slow with an aim to build into things, rather than drop off. Rodgers used to say his teams finished a season strongly. 

Also, I can’t ignore injuries. Which had awful luck, I’m not sure he’s been able to field anything close to his best team for probably close to two years. What we did last season was a minor miracle considering the injuries. 

All things considered I just can’t fathom the idea of people seriously suggesting we replace him at THIS moment, doesn’t mean I expect people to be happy or not concerned. 

The injury situation isn't bad luck. Happens too often to be down to that. Bar Fofana, which is shit luck 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, foxinsocks said:

Lack of conditioning?

Well take Barnes for example. He played against the physios advice. Ndidi, plays a needless game at millwall, does his hamstring.

It's just lack of planning.

48 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our finishing yesterday was diabolical. I thought we created very little across the entire 90 mins but we still missed an open goal, missed a one on one (both Perez), missed a header from less than 6 yards out, had a goal unfairly ruled out and Maddison had a good chance.

Still think Legia had more chances though.

Oh man, to be fair to Vesty, I think their defender gets a decent block on that. At the time I didnt understand how he didn't just bury it though. Perez I can let him off with the first, the one on one would have been offensive in a pub league though. 

It's poor that we've only really had 2 big chances against them. I'm counting the Perez goal as the other big chance...also how was he in that much space about 4 yards out? lol

If we score a couple of them and win, it masks another hideous performance.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Oh man, to be fair to Vesty, I think their defender gets a decent block on that. At the time I didnt understand how he didn't just bury it though. Perez I can let him off with the first, the one on one would have been offensive in a pub league though. 

It's poor that we've only really had 2 big chances against them. I'm counting the Perez goal as the other big chance...also how was he in that much space about 4 yards out? lol

If we score a couple of them and win, it masks another hideous performance.

I've long thought that we don't create an abundance of clear cut chances anyway, the majority of last season we were seldom frivolous in front of goal when we won games comfortably, we just tended to take our chances and then control the game. That sounds great but although missing chances is never a good thing, it at least shows the creativity is there in teams and right now and for perhaps half a season it's been worrisome! 

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I don’t get sucked in to runs of form good or bad unless it literally puts us in serious trouble.

What matters to me is the whole, and on the whole he has done a very good job, and did so also last season.

Now, that’s not to say I’m not concerned about our form and some of his decisions. I am, very. But we’ve shown to be a very streaky and inconsistent team, with him and before our time.

We could go on a run next week any start flying. For all I know we’ve altered our fitness conditioning and we are starting slow with an aim to build into things, rather than drop off. Rodgers used to say his teams finished a season strongly. 

Also, I can’t ignore injuries. Which had awful luck, I’m not sure he’s been able to field anything close to his best team for probably close to two years. What we did last season was a minor miracle considering the injuries. 

All things considered I just can’t fathom the idea of people seriously suggesting we replace him at THIS moment, doesn’t mean I expect people to be happy or not concerned. 

I dno, I understand where you're coming from to be fair and respect your attempts to be level headed.

For me the signs are there and have been now for 9 months, it's not me freaking out over a few results. I think the only way this goes is south, unless he completely changes again. The way we're heading though feels like a slow regression back down the positions, with very little spark.

I guess the difference between us is that I want to proactively deal with the issue (whether it be replace him or at least tell him that something has to change and soon) whereas you're more of a see how it goes kind of chap. Understandable, it's been good before, so in theory it could be good again.

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

The injury situation isn't bad luck. Happens too often to be down to that. Bar Fofana, which is shit luck 

Muscle injuries yes, the two ACL’s are more likely to be sheer bad back.

44 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I dno, I understand where you're coming from to be fair and respect your attempts to be level headed.

For me the signs are there and have been now for 9 months, it's not me freaking out over a few results. I think the only way this goes is south, unless he completely changes again. The way we're heading though feels like a slow regression back down the positions, with very little spark.

I guess the difference between us is that I want to proactively deal with the issue (whether it be replace him or at least tell him that something has to change and soon) whereas you're more of a see how it goes kind of chap. Understandable, it's been good before, so in theory it could be good again.

He will know something needs to change, it is a results business and he’s always been pragmatic in the way he’s spoken

I don’t think he needs telling, I like to think they are all adults and the expectations will be made clear before each season. If we don’t meet them or aren’t meeting them he will know that. 

On the flip side of that, if you say you want to challenge the top 6 (not necessarily finish top 6), one season finishing mid table shouldn’t mean a manger gets sacked.

That’s why I say he’d have to put us in a dangerous position for them to even remotely think about a change before the summer. 

5 hours ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Fair point , my mistake .  I think he’s a idiot , I know when I see a fraud.  Brendan is a fraud .  I rather he leave than erode our foundations .  Really detest to twat .  I want him to prove me wrong , I actually enjoy being proved wrong . It doesn’t happen often I’ll tell you that .  

Fair play. Don't agree but fair play. 

5 hours ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Fair point , my mistake .  I think he’s a idiot , I know when I see a fraud.  Brendan is a fraud .  I rather he leave than erode our foundations .  Really detest to twat .  I want him to prove me wrong , I actually enjoy being proved wrong . It doesn’t happen often I’ll tell you that .  

Think you were proven wrong with two 5th place finishes, FA Cup and Charity shield wins. 

Guest Col city fan

It does seem a big coincidence that we’ve had so many more injuries since we parted ways with Dave Rennie 

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It does seem a big coincidence that we’ve had so many more injuries since we parted ways with Dave Rennie 

I think Brendan had too much control over all the support functions: medical, fitness diet  psychology, scouting recruitment.  At some point he will leave and we need to have all this on going. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

How's that work out for them?

Maybe we just need to ride the storm.

That's not the point I was making, I said towards the end of AW reign he was know for oversimplifying things. Looking for the perfect goal trying to walk the ball in.

You then said that AW had a successful last season.

If that was the case he wouldn't have been tinned, you seem to have flip flopped onto another point alluding to be careful what you wish for!!!

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is suggesting that Praet,  one of Timmy’s best mates, not Youri’s, being moved out has made Youri turn to garbage I think

When you move to a foreign country it's always makes life settling in when you have a few friends live with you so you don't get lonely or you just have people you know just to have out together. Can also see it might have p***ed off Caglar to see his best mate be treated by Brendan the way he was.

2 minutes ago, AshbyBlue said:

You may laugh  but my take on this is Koeman will be sacked at Barcelona and Rogers will take over.I know  for a fact he speaks fulinent Spanish and he's got a villa near by.Think he has took us a far as he can and has achieved fa Cup winners which will always be a brilliant achievement for us fans and 2 miss out on CL.Top coach on the training ground but now being found out.Players at the moment don't know what there task is that's down to tactics from the manager.Hope he can sort it out but from this season and last 10 games or so from last season we have been average apart from fa Cup final.

Barca are a BILLION quid in debt, sacking Koeman would cost them about 9 million, IF Brendon would want such a massive job with huge expectations and pressure and we were willing to let him go theres another few million in compensation to us, all in all they simply can`t afford it !

43 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

When you move to a foreign country it's always makes life settling in when you have a few friends live with you so you don't get lonely or you just have people you know just to have out together. Can also see it might have p***ed off Caglar to see his best mate be treated by Brendan the way he was.

We can't keep players to keep other players happy though. I think all footballers know how transient their stay anywhere can be. Ultimately Dennis and Cengo were decent players but not guaranteed starters so they didn't play much; not sure that's maltreatment, more that you can only play 11 players and these two weren't quite good enough to be regular starters. Maybe Youri and Cags are a bit put out that their mates have gone elsewhere but they've been pros long enough to know that that's how football goes whatever club you play for. Also, both Youri and Cags arrived sometime before their compatriots and seemed settled so I personally don't think this is a major issue by any stretch.

For me, Dennis and Cengo being left out regularly was understandable, it's the constant overlooking of Iheanacho I can't my head around. I like Rodgers a lot but this makes no sense to me at all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AshbyBlue said:

You may laugh  but my take on this is Koeman will be sacked at Barcelona and Rogers will take over.I know  for a fact he speaks fulinent Spanish and he's got a villa near by.Think he has took us a far as he can and has achieved fa Cup winners which will always be a brilliant achievement for us fans and 2 miss out on CL.Top coach on the training ground but now being found out.Players at the moment don't know what there task is that's down to tactics from the manager.Hope he can sort it out but from this season and last 10 games or so from last season we have been average apart from fa Cup final.

He’s been found out in the Premier League and so now he’s off to Barcelona? I’ll have double what you’re smoking and your dealer is going on my speed dial.