Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

42 minutes ago, J. James said:

This "Dyche isn't good enough for us" BS needs to stop, we will go down with the fraud and stay up with Dyche.

Frankly we'd be lucky to get him before its too late.

We will not get a "top" name with a proven track record but Dyche has a good record of getting the best out of his limited talent pool.

But no doubt if he got us to the heady heights of 17th on May 28th there would still be many bemoaning our style!

The man should be approached and given the chance to do what he can to save us.

Dont understand it personally why people dont like Dyche and why they he wouldnt progress us from where we are now.

Do they really love it that much we do a 100 passes between our CBs every game?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Seems like pmcla26 deleted his account, know he was a supporter of Rodge but that’s sad. Hope he returns when all this drama is over 

I thought he recently had enough of him like most of the rest of us, did he suddenly come out in support of him or something?

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Dont understand it personally why people dont like Dyche and why they he wouldnt progress us from where we are now.

Do they really love it that much we do a 100 passes between our CBs every game?

We are at such the extreme end of the possession/backwards passing scale, maybe a Manager at the other end of the scale, would actually balance us out! 

• Like 1

The media tone seems to be turning a bit, which is a good thing.  That will sting Rodgers’ ego, which is almost as powerful as his greed.  Sutton’ s remark on the BBC was basically “this is a repeating pattern, in the end he just acts like he wants to be put out of his misery”.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

The media tone seems to be turning a bit, which is a good thing.  That will sting Rodgers’ ego, which is almost as powerful as his greed.  Sutton’ s remark on the BBC was basically “this is a repeating pattern, in the end he just acts like he wants to be put out of his misery”.

You can’t really use Chris Sutton as an example as he don’t need any encouragement to say disparaging things about Rodgers 

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

You can’t really use Chris Sutton as an example as he don’t need any encouragement to say disparaging things about Rodgers 

I listened to MNC as well and it wasn't just Sutton tbf. They all made good points, similar to on here really, spent loads for little return, fixed system, no plan B, lost players, would cost a lot to get rid.

There are places in the media for and against him, it just depends on what you read or when you're listening/ watching really. Any decent media outfit will produce content for both sides of a scenario so they can be right in hindsight either way.

2 hours ago, ttfn said:

I like Bielsa but bringing him into a club without a pre-season would be a disaster. Our players aren’t fit enough to play the unambitious style Rodgers wants to play, let alone Bielsa.

...not sure why these coaches want to do suicides 24/7 as part of their training regime!!!

Pearson always had us so fit and it had nothing to do with  3 or 4 sessions a day. Conditioning is what it is all about. Rodgers says his teams always finish strong, from what we see, they can't play with intensity in both halves and fall off a cliff after about 70 mins.

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Exactly. There's been a minority that have wanted him out for a year or more, there's been a bigger minority want him out since mid way through last season (me) when they grew tired of the huge issues that were being passed off as not being the consequence of poor management and negligence and then there's been a steady increase in to the majority that he needed to go at the end of the season. We are now at a point where I'd be shocked if more than 5% still wanted him or conceivably thought he could still turn it around here.

The key difference between the cohorts of fans described above is that for almost all of them, he still retained the respect and motivation of his players, but from July through to the present day he has systematically destroyed that and its actually disgraceful. I think it's been calculated and deliberate, whether he's consciously been in control of that or his sheer frustration, disillusion and weaknesses have made it impossible for him to act in any other way but what he's done is immediate grounds for being dismissed and that's without even means testing the shocking frailties and decline he is orchestrating.

To a man we are an absolute shambles right now, defensively has never been a huge strength of his but right now I think this is some of the worst passages of play I've seen from us as a team trying to maintain  shape or unity and it was a farce and embarrassment at times last season, but this is something else. Yesterday genuinely could have been 8 or 9. Astonishing.

There's absolutely no debate now on him, he's tarnishing all the unbelievably good stuff he did here. The FA Cup can never be taken away from us or him but his unpopularity, arrogance, inability to show any humility or personal traits that fans can relate to will likely be the overriding feeling from many. Quite damning, shocking and sad. Hopefully in time and with clarity the good can be appreciated, the roller coaster and the sheer amount of games that when we were good we were 4+ goals a game good, more so than any other manager we've had in the modern era at any level.

However, for now we are united in our anger and the horror at which the future of our club resides without action. Its unthinkable for this club to be where it is, its unfathomable that more than 24 hours after yesterday's debacle and after 5 defeats on the spin, with a heinous negative goal difference, 1 point to our name and already looking like being cut adrift that he's still got the keys to the managers office at our beloved club.

Custodians of our club is what our owners have said they consider themselves, well they need to do what's right and don't waste another second. 

Nah **** him. He's done for good for me. Utter fraud. The FA Cup was Iheanacho, Tielemans and Schmeichel above this fraud.

I cannot process that we haven't sacked him. This is nightmareish.

• Like 2

Maybe yesterday was spent discussing the termination of his contact with the both legal teams and the club will announce today that he has left the club by mutual consent. 

I assume the players return to training today after Sunday so if he is present then we know he will be in charge for Sunday

Everyone cross their fingers and toes 🤞

• Like 2

Anybody else think maybe we were targetting the Villa match because Gerrard was on thin ice and if we were to somehow get a win there, they might boot Stevie la' and come after Rodgers? So rather than pay him off, we'd get paid off. The Man City result (and the fact were unlikely to beat Villas under 9's) looks to have killed that idea a bit.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Anybody else think maybe we were targetting the Villa match because Gerrard was on thin ice and if we were to somehow get a win there, they might boot Stevie la' and come after Rodgers? So rather than pay him off, we'd get paid off. The Man City result (and the fact were unlikely to beat Villas under 9's) looks to have killed that idea a bit.

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Even Villa aren't that stupid, it's just wishful thinking. 

Having not sacked him yesterday we limp on and the pressure will only build game by game from here.

I also think it’s too far gone for BR to have a Lazarus moment and turn this around. Win or draw against Villa opinions are now set.

If the Board don’t understand this now, and I am sure they must, after Villa it will hit home. I don’t get what is gained by delaying a game or three.

Edited by JimmyC74

7 hours ago, FoxOfMelton said:

I think "very very average" is being very very generous. He's shite.

I agree he's shite so what the hell is he doing here,any idiot can see that he's not got the quality to be a Prem goalkeeper and that's after a handful of games. What are they doing at our club ?!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I’m dreading if he somehow gets a win against Villa, he’ll be kept on for a few more games :nono:

This is a concern, but honestly, I think he's done.

I expect the club are putting the feelers out for a new manager and figuring out how to pay Brendan off.  Clearly it's a complicated situation, but after abject performances for so long, this run of results, the comments he has made in recent weeks about the players, the owners, the club and the fans, there's no way he stays a minute longer than necessary.  Win, lose or draw he's toast.

• Like 3