Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

51 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

The exchange works different to normal bookmakers. It’s either more money gone on, or someone is aware of something. (I sense the latter as it’s a risky bet, especially with Gerrard’s odds being so good at the moment)

Yeah - i know and have built data integrations with Betfair. Most bookies use it to balance their books and this where the majority of the liquidity comes from. This is a small market so can be skewed but most average punters don't know who to 'lay' bets against Brendan. Therefore, Betfair is often a good indicator of whats going on in the market as it won't only massively shift when one bookie changes their price.

My guess is still that nobody knows. Don't think anything will happen today. Sadly.

The problem when a manager goes into self preservation mode, as Rodgers clearly has, is that anything and anyone is fair game in the pursuit of deflection. The summer was the time to walk away. At that stage Rodgers knew there would be no money to improve the squad outwit a player sale. To not bring in a replacement for Schmeichel is simply bonkers and to assume Ward could step up is akin to active sabotage. 

As someone pointed out to me his only success in the transfer market are Castagne and Fofana. I can see why Top isn't keen to allow Rodgers access to all the Fofana money plus money matters in the background. Rodgers really needs to grow up. Yes the owners may have promised to back him but at the time nobody had heard of the word Covid when he was hired. The world is a constantly evolving place. I would imagine Top is as good an owner as any manager can work with outwit an oligarch. 

This summer was the first in 4 that Rodgers didn't get to run riot in the sweet shop. In giving up he is basically saying his squad is shit overlooking the fact he brought over half them to the club. Again I go back to self awareness. A good manager in the current situation battens down the hatches and plays the world's against us card knowing that the quality is there. A good manager goes back to basics, as ETH did after their Brentford pummelling. Make yourself hard to beat. This isn't rocket science. 

The fact that he buckles in the face of adversity is hardly inspiring to a squad of players bereft of confidence. Any truly competent manager who takes over will get Leicester out of relegation trouble and into the mid to lower teens in the table. 

The fact that Leicester are bottom is giving Rodgers reputation a right kicking. He has an ego the size of Australia I think he is really rattled as evidence by his media interaction. 

Edited by lexluther
  • Like 2

The omens are coming in thick and fast. This AM's Red Button Gossip Column announced that Rodger's severance package likely to be an "eight figure sum". Also Fuchsy has pronounced that sacking Rodgers would be an " irrational" move. That's in the region of a "full confidence of the board" announcement :rolleyes:.

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Yeah - i know and have built data integrations with Betfair. Most bookies use it to balance their books and this where the majority of the liquidity comes from. This is a small market so can be skewed but most average punters don't know who to 'lay' bets against Brendan. Therefore, Betfair is often a good indicator of whats going on in the market as it won't only massively shift when one bookie changes their price.

My guess is still that nobody knows. Don't think anything will happen today. Sadly.

You may well be right. I think he’s got Villa but I hope I’m wrong. 

The guys I know only get involved when it’s time. They aren’t involved yet - or at least not telling me they are. Could be they are being more secretive than normal. I don’t take it as a good sign. 

Just now, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Absolute zero bottle from the board if he's in charge for this weekend. They need to bite the bullet and understand they're going to have to pay him off in the coming weeks, that's inevitable. 

The hope is they've worked through the night to work out how to resolve this. Brendan is in some sort of savage self preservation mode. Can you imagine the unseen damage he is doing? This is a guy who will be having 1:1 sessions with team and staff members. Those is charge should want him near nobody right now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

You may well be right. I think he’s got Villa but I hope I’m wrong. 

The guys I know only get involved when it’s time. They aren’t involved yet - or at least not telling me they are. Could be they are being more secretive than normal. I don’t take it as a good sign. 

Lets hope your guys get the call at 8:55 then!  I imagine complexity is the crux of the problem here. I imagine he has a water tight contract and is probably the sort of person who is not going to yield as he seems to have very little self awareness. From rumours on here, he has been given far too much control and i imagine there are other members of the board / senior teams who are now exposed to the fact they should have dealt with that. Could have self preservation going on at a number of levels. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, lexluther said:

The problem when a manager goes into self preservation mode, as Rodgers clearly has, is that anything and anyone is fair game in the pursuit of deflection. The summer was the time to walk away. At that stage Rodgers knew there would be no money to improve the squad outwit a player sale. To not bring in a replacement for Schmeichel is simply bonkers and to assume Ward could step up is akin to active sabotage. 

As someone pointed out to me his only success in the transfer market are Castagne and Fofana. I can see why Top isn't keen to allow Rodgers access to all the Fofana money plus money matters in the background. Rodgers really needs to grow up. Yes the owners may have promised to back him but at the time nobody had heard of the word Covid when he was hired. The world is a constantly evolving place. I would imagine Top is as good an owner as any manager can work with outwit an oligarch. 

This summer was the first in 4 that Rodgers didn't get to run riot in the sweet shop. In giving up he is basically saying his squad is shit overlooking the fact he brought over half them to the club. Again I go back to self awareness. A good manager in the current situation battens down the hatches and plays the world's against us card knowing that the quality is there. A good manager goes back to basics, as ETH did after their Brentford pummelling. Make yourself hard to beat. This isn't rocket science. 

The fact that he buckles in the face of adversity is hardly inspiring to a squad of players bereft of confidence. Any truly competent manager who takes over will get Leicester out of relegation trouble and into the mid to lower teens in the table. 

The fact that Leicester are bottom is giving Rodgers reputation a right kicking. He has an ego the size of Australia I think he is really rattled as evidence by his media interaction. 

What about Justin James he has been a very good signing. 

3 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Quite a few of us on here knew he was a busted flush last season. Given money or not he still would have made a pigs ear of this season anyway it was inevitable. At least this way we won't meander under him to a slow relegation death. That he will not see the season out is a given, so the sooner he's gone the better for all.

But can you imagine if he had been rightly given the boot at the end of last season? The uproar would have been deafening, not just from the media but a lot of fans on here, and I suspect the owners knew this and have let him strangle himself with his own rhetoric and rank bad management, to the point when no one but himself now cares when he gets the boot. I know hindsight is a cheap tool but seriously a lot of us saw the fraud for what he is long before this season started.

For me, our trajectory has been clear since Christmas 

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

With all due respect (no, I am not Rodgers! ;) ) if you look for something you can find it. It's too easy to interpret signs in a manner that suits your desired outcome. It's the hope that kills you so it can't hurt to sit back a little and let this one resolve itself as it does.

I enjoy reading the knowledgeable and, in varying degrees, informed opinions on here and I take the passioned responses as indicative of general feeling. I want Rodgers gone asap but there's no way I know all the ins and outs so I'm not gambling my happiness on it.