Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

No way we're getting Thomas Frank. He's not gonna want to leave the project that's just 'peaking' for us, as we're in regression.

Not everyone will see it like that, we are a better club in terms of current success etc, we have a good group of players who need to be managed properly 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Two problems even if we wanted to get Thomas Frank:

1. Brentford won't give us permission to talk to him

2. Even if Brentford did give us permission, I don't see why he would want to leave.

3. He is a unpalatable dick

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Where is that club statement?

Not even a rumour that the sacking is imminent?

Not happening is probably why.

They want the loudest crescendos of boos at the KP ever recorded as the 5th goal by Tyrone Ming's goes in just before half time on Saturday.

Brendan however, given the man he is, will want a procession for himself after the final whistle for achieving 5th place twice and the FA Cup. He wants the chance to evidence to the media he's still the man, the one and only, and come out with some ludicrous excuses and statements which blames everyone but himself. He will then put on a jet pack, get his pearly whites out in the biggest smile, take his briefcase of £10m and then **** off. 

Meanwhile, Top and Big Susie will be laughing as they filled the case with a load of monopoly money.

• Haha 1

Given our financial plight isn't getting better any time soon the question becomes does the current manager meet the criteria needed to navigate through this.  Results have been terrible clearly as have performances beyond this season. But for me a manager who clearly knows the score and simply can't function effectively within that is reason alone to move him on. 

Make no mistake, whoever replaces BR will be expected to work with what we have most probably until summer. The character of a new man as key as anything.

4 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Make no mistake, whoever replaces BR will be expected to work with what we have most probably until summer. The character of a new man as key as anything.

We have a team of talented players, great facilities and us lot :thumbup:

• Like 4

Does anyone here actually want him to turn things around and see us succeed again or are you all so intent that he leaves regardless?

I’m on the fence myself, would love to see us best Villa on Saturday and then go on a run from there. I do also question some of the decisions he has made (such as Ndidi CB and leaving out KDH on Sunday) but ultimately I don’t know who we would get as a replacement.

We have managed two 5th place finishes and one 8th place finish plus an FA Cup win with largely the same group of players and manager so the talent is clearly there, we’re just going through a (really) bad spell.

I haven’t known our fan base to turn on a manager like this other than Puel (who I agree definitely had to go).

Whilst he is still in charge, surely we need to get behind him and the team rather than potentially looking at organising a banner to hound him out?

Not looking for any angry reactions either, just generally intrigued.

9 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Why does everyone think he is going to be sacked today?

I was desperately hoping for yesterday but I am semi-reconciled with the fact he will be in charge for Villa.

The filbertway website seems to think he's on his way out.

https://filbertway.com/2022/09/05/brendan-rodgers-sacked-in-the-morning-song-came-too-early-as-10million-cap-is-said-to-be-enough-to-settle-a-deal/

• Like 1

Just now, Diggler90 said:

Does anyone here actually want him to turn things around and see us succeed again or are you all so intent that he leaves regardless?

I’m on the fence myself, would love to see us best Villa on Saturday and then go on a run from there. I do also question some of the decisions he has made (such as Ndidi CB and leaving out KDH on Sunday) but ultimately I don’t know who we would get as a replacement.

We have managed two 5th place finishes and one 8th place finish plus an FA Cup win with largely the same group of players and manager so the talent is clearly there, we’re just going through a (really) bad spell.

I haven’t known our fan base to turn on a manager like this other than Puel (who I agree definitely had to go).

Whilst he is still in charge, surely we need to get behind him and the team rather than potentially looking at organising a banner to hound him out?

In short. No. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Diggler90 said:

I would want nothing more than for him to turn it around. It's just not going to happen and as a result, the longer we keep him, the worse the situation becomes. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 2

Thank you, Susan, nice try.:nigel:

• Haha 1

I want him gone, but I’d rather we win. Doesn’t matter if we get Guardiola if we’re 20 points adrift by the time he’s sacked.

I feel like any turnaround (which I don't think there will be one) would be short lived and would only see him stay in the job longer causing us to decline further. I genuinely believe we will be relegated if he stays 

1 minute ago, Diggler90 said:

I'll always want Leicester to win. 

I would hope he turns it around as it would benefit us but it would be blind hope as its not realistically going to happen.

You reap what you sow. His actions have led to him being despised by the fan base. There is no sympathy for Brendan. Very rarely is a bad manager or a failing manager also a poor excuse of a person. He has shown his true colours in the last few weeks. 

No, I dont think he will turn it around. It would be very hard to respect the manager even if he did. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Why does everyone think he is going to be sacked today?

I was desperately hoping for yesterday but I am semi-reconciled with the fact he will be in charge for Villa.

It'll be even more daft sacking him just before the game when no one else has time to prep the team. It should have happened yesterday 

• Like 1