Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Diggler90 said:

Does anyone here actually want him to turn things around and see us succeed again or are you all so intent that he leaves regardless?

I’m on the fence myself, would love to see us best Villa on Saturday and then go on a run from there. I do also question some of the decisions he has made (such as Ndidi CB and leaving out KDH on Sunday) but ultimately I don’t know who we would get as a replacement.

We have managed two 5th place finishes and one 8th place finish plus an FA Cup win with largely the same group of players and manager so the talent is clearly there, we’re just going through a (really) bad spell.

I haven’t known our fan base to turn on a manager like this other than Puel (who I agree definitely had to go).

Whilst he is still in charge, surely we need to get behind him and the team rather than potentially looking at organising a banner to hound him out?

Not looking for any angry reactions either, just generally intrigued.

I don’t want him in charge as he is a twat and has burnt bridges with the fans particularly.

If he suddenly had the ability to turn it around, of course that’d be good. We’d get out of trouble at the bottom and we’d still not likely have him around long term, he may move on our leave at the end of the season but we’d be more attractive to a new manager and players. 

It’s clear he neither wants to nor is capable of turning it around so making our feelings known and trying to speed up his departure is best for the club.

Edited by LCFCJohn

36 minutes ago,  daddylonglegs said: 

He’s done a lot of stupid shit in his time but that Praet for Kelechi sub is  the worst he’s ever done. 

I include every time he’s brought on Vestegaard in that.

Ndidi for Tielemans when we were 2-1 down to Chelsea - tell me you want to throw a game without telling me you want to.

This topic could make for a very long thread of its own! Could while away some waiting time.

Edited by CalH
Missed quote

3 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'll always want Leicester to win. 

I would hope he turns it around as it would benefit us but it would be blind hope as its not realistically going to happen.

I think Villa are also struggling and playing them at home should probably NOT be Rodgers last chance saloon - but it should be the opportunity to benefit from the likely bounce and release of pressure that a sacking will bring. 

I think we all know the likely outcome of the Villa game if the status quo is maintained. We’d be foolish to expect a different outcome from recent ones.

It’s such an important game, and whoever is in charge it may well determine how our season goes from now on.

• Like 1

The more and more this drags out and the less we hear from the owners is making it worse for the club as a whole.

I think the chairman has been amazing here I really do and no one can say that he hasn't, he is or has been one of the best a football club could wish for.

However I'm not really sure his heart is in it and tbh it doesn't have to be I reason we will be put up for sale soon I think its just a matter of time.

Hopefully BR is sacked by end of today so we can atleast have a chance and opportunity to stay in the premier league.

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Out of the frying pan in to the fire springs to mind, based on reading the first few lines:

Less than six months after being favoured by some in the Manchester United hierarchy as their club’s next permanent manager, Julen Lopetegui is on the brink of being fired by Sevilla.

Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at home to Barcelona means Sevilla have just one point from their first four La Liga games, equalling their worst-ever start to a season.

After a sorry end to the 2021-22 campaign and a frustrating summer transfer window, the mood around the Estadio Sanchez Pizjuan is very restless. Club president Pepe Castro’s situation is not completely secure, long-serving sporting director Monchi has been receiving rare criticism, but Lopetegui is by far the most likely to pay immediately if things do not quickly improve.

Defensive and structural issues in the team have been evident, which is far from ideal preparation for welcoming Manchester City and Erling Haaland for tonight’s Champions League group G opener.

Edited by stu

17 minutes ago, Diggler90 said:

Does anyone here actually want him to turn things around and see us succeed again or are you all so intent that he leaves regardless?

I’m on the fence myself, would love to see us best Villa on Saturday and then go on a run from there. I do also question some of the decisions he has made (such as Ndidi CB and leaving out KDH on Sunday) but ultimately I don’t know who we would get as a replacement.

We have managed two 5th place finishes and one 8th place finish plus an FA Cup win with largely the same group of players and manager so the talent is clearly there, we’re just going through a (really) bad spell.

I haven’t known our fan base to turn on a manager like this other than Puel (who I agree definitely had to go).

Whilst he is still in charge, surely we need to get behind him and the team rather than potentially looking at organising a banner to hound him out?

Not looking for any angry reactions either, just generally intrigued.

Prior to him throwing the owners, fans and players under the bus I would have said of course I'd want him to turn it around.

But now I've seen his true colours I don't want him anywhere near my club.

• Like 1

He will not be sacked outright.

The club know that he will be of interest to other clubs.

The easy way is to put him on garden leave, remove him from his duties, and pay him as normal.  

At some point, a club will be interested in his services, and he will want to be back in the game.

Then we negotiate his release, which will cost us far less. 

• Like 1

Just now, Free Falling Foxes said:

'Mein Fuhrer. Gulp. It is almost certain......sweat..... that.......Rodgers will still be in charge v Villa.

20220906_102355.jpg

lol

I'm amazed no one has made a full one of this covering our current position with Brendan

• Like 3