Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, Diggler90 said:

Does anyone here actually want him to turn things around and see us succeed again or are you all so intent that he leaves regardless?

I’m on the fence myself, would love to see us best Villa on Saturday and then go on a run from there. I do also question some of the decisions he has made (such as Ndidi CB and leaving out KDH on Sunday) but ultimately I don’t know who we would get as a replacement.

We have managed two 5th place finishes and one 8th place finish plus an FA Cup win with largely the same group of players and manager so the talent is clearly there, we’re just going through a (really) bad spell.

I haven’t known our fan base to turn on a manager like this other than Puel (who I agree definitely had to go).

Whilst he is still in charge, surely we need to get behind him and the team rather than potentially looking at organising a banner to hound him out?

Not looking for any angry reactions either, just generally intrigued.

I genuinely don't think it's possible for him to turn things around and succeed again. History appears to be repeating itself, he looks incapable of taking this group of players and getting them to turn in consistently good performances again, and the warning signs have been there for a while. His refusal to lay any of the blame at his own door, and the irreparable damage he's doing to his relationships with the board, the fans and the players mean that, even if he does manage a win against Villa, the writing is essentially on the wall. It's not just a case of turning things around on the pitch, the whole atmosphere around the club is turning toxic - and that's not easy to fix with a few wins.

3pts against a struggling Villa side would be akin to putting a plaster on a stab wound - something has to change. We can't change the squad, we can't change our owners or our financial situation - the one thing we can change mid-season to affect results is the manager. If it's a £10m payout as mentioned in the press today, that is a necessary price to pay in order to give us the time we need to improve 

• Haha 1

Just now, Foxinscouseland said:

Classic cliche time, form is temporary, class is permanent. We won the FA cup, 2 5th and 1 8th in premiership. Too many have short memories. Where were we 10 years ago, 20 years ago. Love him or hate him Rodger’s has class, at Liverpool and, Celtic - I know it’s not the same as the prem, but he is having a dip in performance. Get behind him and the team against villa. Even fergie struggled for a while, but he sort of did ok didnt he. 

As soon as a manager calls out the club, players and then the fans I’m done.

He’s an egotistical, arrogant, overhyped bellend. I hope this ruins him and he’s reduced to flipping burgers in a greasy box on the side of the road. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Foxinscouseland said:

Classic cliche time, form is temporary, class is permanent. We won the FA cup, 2 5th and 1 8th in premiership. Too many have short memories. Where were we 10 years ago, 20 years ago. Love him or hate him Rodger’s has class, at Liverpool and, Celtic - I know it’s not the same as the prem, but he is having a dip in performance. Get behind him and the team against villa. Even fergie struggled for a while, but he sort of did ok didnt he. 

Deluded. Ask Celtic and Liverpool how it ended for him there. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Foxinscouseland said:

It’s not just the results. It’s the style, the blame game, the lack of respect for owners, players and fans. He’s burned his bridges and there’s no coming back for 99% of us. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, WilmslowFox said:

Please stop calling Brendan a twat and a bell-end.  He may be many things but he doesn't deserve...

brendan.jpg.9e6b5b8ffd0ce2e105dfa3f35a56689a.jpg

...okay, I take it back.

Explains a lot. Soulless ginger bastard. Knew there was something off with him. Even Lucifer turns his nose up at these - I know, I’m one 😎

2 minutes ago, Foxinscouseland said:

Maybe go and ask Liverpool fans and Celtic fans what they think of him... Celtic is especially interesting as the media made out that they were all outraged and Brendan was loved there.. not the case, pretty much happening here, what happened there. And he ran away at the first sight of Rangers getting their strength back. 

As Ian Marshall puts it, the man is a charlatan 

1 minute ago, TMELcfc said:

Maybe go and ask Liverpool fans and Celtic fans what they think of him... Celtic is especially interesting as the media made out that they were all outraged and Brendan was loved there.. not the case, pretty much happening here, what happened there. And he ran away at the first sight of Rangers getting their strength back. 

As Ian Marshall puts it, the man is a charlatan 

Was Marshall that scathing? If so fair play. 

• Like 1

This guy is literally taking our beloved club hostage full stop.

Top and LCFC board made a crucial error and end up signing a suicidal style contract with crazy clauses attached to it.

Brendan Rogers will never quit and give up that gigantic pay out. Let's get realistic.

The club, the owner, the fans and the entire Liecester community on his mercy now.

Lesson learned and this club needs to be run and managed more professionally after this clusterf**k.

9 minutes ago, Foxinscouseland said:

And this is exactly the problem. We will always think like 'little old Leicester' despite the fact our owners are some of the most ambitious going and Rodgers is paid more than most managers in the league, a section of our fans are programmed to lower expectations because we used to be shit. 

Open your eyes to what we're actually watching, this man is completely wasting a talented bunch of players that we've built up over years of running the club well. It's not a coincidence that the top clubs have consistently poached our players in the last 5 years, we can't think like underdogs if we want to progress. 

Edited by Nobbyburton
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, WilmslowFox said:

Please stop calling Brendan a twat and a bell-end.  He may be many things but he doesn't deserve...

brendan.jpg.9e6b5b8ffd0ce2e105dfa3f35a56689a.jpg

...okay, I take it back.

No doubt he classed himself as “Young and fresh” during that period of his life too.

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Diggler90 said:

Does anyone here actually want him to turn things around and see us succeed again or are you all so intent that he leaves regardless?

I’m on the fence myself, would love to see us best Villa on Saturday and then go on a run from there. I do also question some of the decisions he has made (such as Ndidi CB and leaving out KDH on Sunday) but ultimately I don’t know who we would get as a replacement.

We have managed two 5th place finishes and one 8th place finish plus an FA Cup win with largely the same group of players and manager so the talent is clearly there, we’re just going through a (really) bad spell.

I haven’t known our fan base to turn on a manager like this other than Puel (who I agree definitely had to go).

Whilst he is still in charge, surely we need to get behind him and the team rather than potentially looking at organising a banner to hound him out?

Not looking for any angry reactions either, just generally intrigued.

If he was capable of turning it around and getting us back into Europe, maybe. Although his comments about the fans and the general way he's treating players mean I'd still rather somebody else.

Moot point though as he is not capable of turning it around. He's lost the plot and looks a shell of a man on the touchline. Plus, for him to turn it around, means getting into Europe again whereas a new manager can come in and the expectation is that they just keep us up..

As for Puel, no way did we want him out like Rodgers. He wasn't a great choice, the football was dull his bad English were problems (plus the treatment of some players) but he put together a great team and laid the building blocks for a more attractive style of play. Plus, the way he handled the Vichai situation was absolutely class; showed a level of genuine humility Brendan is incapable of. Puel probably should have gone earlier but I don't bear the same level of ill will that I do for Brendan, in spite of the initial success.

I think what is annoying me the most is that he is not gonna stay here in the long term or even until the end of the season. We all know it, it’s already done but the longer we wait the least progressive we are being and the harder it will be to survive. Realistically there is nothing to gain by keeping him even if he wins the next game. Apart from money I guess? 

its so frustrating, its like we are just going through the process and letting it run its course and there is not time for that in football. 

Hes trying to get sacked for his payday.

Lets be honest

Ndidi one of the best cdm in premier league

Maddison one of the best cam

Vardy and nacho have a fantastic partnership

He plays ndidi as cb, maddison as a rw 

And no vardy and nacho start 

With what we have you habe to go 4-1-2-1-2 

Ward

Justin  evans  faus  castangne

Ndidi

Kdh                  tielmans

Maddison

Nacho         vardy   

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Will this topic stay hot all week? 

Is anything planned for Satursdays game to help get rid of the berk? 

Yea, his team selection. It’s been leaked.

Amartey

Vardy  Chewbacca     Evans      Ward 

Faes        N’didi         Wellens   B/Brush

R. Vardy     Lambert.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Haha 3

Back from a ban and thought I would have missed his exit - clearly not!

So far, from what I've missed:

• Some ITK's think he will be gone before Villa
  • Other ITK's think he won't be gone for Villa
  • Journalists reporting he's safe for now
  • Some talk of negotiating severence pay?
  • Matt Piper hates him (as do Marcus Bent and Souness)
  • Someone on the board is preventing him from being sacked.

Have I missed anything important?

Edited by SecretPro