Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Interestingly,

Next Manager to be sacked - 50/1 - Favourite is Nuno Santo at Spurs

Rodgers is fairly safe, has a bumper contract and will be here for the foreseeable.

However…..

Next Manchester United Manager - 4/1 - Pochetino, Conte and Rodgers

Next Tottenham Manager - 9/2 - Potter, Howe and Rodgers. 

Next Barcelona Manager - 8/1 - Favourites - Arteta, Martinez and Xavi

Next Arsenal Manager - 2/1 - Favourites - Rodgers, Howe and Conte

We won’t sack him, as we’ll be due to payout massive compensation and I don’t believe that would be the right think to do. However his approach at the moment is outright out and the tactics aren’t working. Again, sorry to sound like a broken drum, it’s all gone a bit “Claude Puel”. 

Maybe his head has been turned and he’s lost that 1% edge, I don’t know. I can see one of the bigger clubs poaching him and starting a managerial merry go round. 

Rodgers is on £10,000,000 per year. We’re not sacking him, as it’ll costs a small fortune. 

We’ve lost our way a little bit it’ll come back. Would be try and offer Rodgers improved terms to keep him over and above the current contract; I doubt it. If someone comes in for him, he’ll go. I can see him or Potter at Spurs, as Nuno hasn’t really been accepted. 

59 minutes ago, Sly said:

Next Manager to be sacked - 50/1 - Favourite is Nuno Santo at Spurs

Spurs can't sack Nuno, they've got nobody else on their list. No chance Rodgers goes to Spurs even if they come in with a lot of money. I'm not even sure Potter would go. Howe would still be an interesting shout for Arsenal but Arteta is locked in there imo. If Rodgers manages to turn our season around with our horrific defensive problems I can imagine ManU making a play for him next summer if OGS fails to win anything. He'll take that job. We could go get Gerrard to manage in the PL maybe. 

If you go on those form table websites and look at a decent time period for PL say 25 games we are below mid table. The owners won't like that with their financial backing and they have shown themselves to be pretty unsentimental when they need to be. 

Yes we have had some hot streaks in his tenure and the fa Cup win but I think we have played badly by and large for a long time.

I'm guessing he will get to the new year and unless there's been a marked improvement he will got his p45, the league table will show we could get sucked in etc. And the media will be out which I don't think they are yet, he still has a lot of credit.

Personally i don't actually like brendan as i find him unable to learn from mistakes and too slow or fearful to make decisions. He seems to talk the talk but not back this up which comes across as disingenuous.  But he obviously has something and I'm hoping he can fulfil his potential with us. I want good exciting football with decent results. I'm not expecting top 4 ,cl etc. Just a lot better than this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sly said:

Rodgers is on £10,000,000 per year. We’re not sacking him, as it’ll costs a small fortune. 

We’ve lost our way a little bit it’ll come back. Would be try and offer Rodgers improved terms to keep him over and above the current contract; I doubt it. If someone comes in for him, he’ll go. I can see him or Potter at Spurs, as Nuno hasn’t really been accepted. 

Have you read his contract and all the clauses. If someone is rich enough to pay this sort of money they are probably smart enough to protect themselves in the event of bad under performance. I doubt it as simple as there's 3 years left on your contract of 10m per year  so here's a cheque for 30m. 

3 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

Spurs can't sack Nuno, they've got nobody else on their list. No chance Rodgers goes to Spurs even if they come in with a lot of money. I'm not even sure Potter would go. Howe would still be an interesting shout for Arsenal but Arteta is locked in there imo. If Rodgers manages to turn our season around with our horrific defensive problems I can imagine ManU making a play for him next summer if OGS fails to win anything. He'll take that job. We could go get Gerrard to manage in the PL maybe. 

Steven Gerrard would be the absolute perfect replacement for us. Realistic too as he needs a go at the prem before he gets to Pool and we would be the perfect type of project for him with some backing and quality for him to work with.

Despite my lack of confidence in BR though, I don’t want him gone yet but if it continues(and I can’t see how it’s going to change) then he might not make Xmas.
To be honest I think Top would remain patient unless we literally are in 17-18th and panic button will be pressed. Sad thing is, I actually can see us losing vs palace and Man Utd and then the pressure will be really on!

Right now, and for a good portion of the last season after Feb, he’s looked liked a fish up a tree.

Useless record In Europe and bottled the top 4 dramatically twice!

FA Cup winners will always be remembered but let’s be honest, even that was due to a wonder goal out of nothing, a wonder save out of nothing and a very close VAR call that might of stood this season. It was a similar performance to all the rest but the luck was with us on the day to knick the game, probably the only way we could have!

Time to accept he’s really not that good a manager,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He’s been found out in the Premier League and so now he’s off to Barcelona? I’ll have double what you’re smoking and your dealer is going on my speed dial.

Come on, The same people want to sell an out form Maddison for £50m

So Rodgers is pilloried for being stubborn and never changes things. Can’t see when things are not working. Changes the team and system around and is slagged off for not playing our best available (in some people’s opinions) side or formation.

Glad I am not a football manager like about 90% of those moaning on here obviously must be.

• Like 1

Guest Danny Clender
21 hours ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Elite managers adapt and find away to win .  He is a fraud we all know it , we’ve been told by other teams for a long time .  I’m in the get out camp .  Rather take a absolute risk and take fat Frank , terry , than this clown .  He can take his donkeys he’s been filling in behind the scenes in the back room team , it’s slowly eroding what we built from 2013.  

I like the sound of this former Chelsea players love child…Fat Frank Terry.

Guest Danny Clender

I can only assume that quite a few posters on here have dreadful bosses and by proxy, unconsciously, take it out on Brendan.

15 minutes ago, urban fox said:

So Rodgers is pilloried for being stubborn and never changes things. Can’t see when things are not working. Changes the team and system around and is slagged off for not playing our best available (in some people’s opinions) side or formation.

Glad I am not a football manager like about 90% of those moaning on here obviously must be.

This is so true, fed up of people wanted x player playing and then next game not happy cause the teams been changed and it didn’t work. How many people asking for 2 up front, he plays 2 up against Warsaw (unfortunately it included Perez due to circumstances) and people still moaning about formation. 

10 hours ago, AshbyBlue said:

You may laugh  but my take on this is Koeman will be sacked at Barcelona and Rogers will take over.I know  for a fact he speaks fulinent Spanish and he's got a villa near by.Think he has took us a far as he can and has achieved fa Cup winners which will always be a brilliant achievement for us fans and 2 miss out on CL.Top coach on the training ground but now being found out.Players at the moment don't know what there task is that's down to tactics from the manager.Hope he can sort it out but from this season and last 10 games or so from last season we have been average apart from fa Cup final.

I also speak fulinent Spanish, I thought I was the only one.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Nothing personal but I keep seeing posts like these and I just do not understand this logic. Is it less of a win because we scored a great goal and Kasper made a brilliant save? Is that not what finals are for - moments of magic as well as riding your luck? We were the underdogs, Chelsea had all the finals experience but we dug in and won it. Would it be more of an achievement if we'd comfortably beaten them 3-0 because that was never going to happen was it?

Just pisses me off that the FA Cup win was arguably the second greatest achievement in our history and yet some fans are so quick to denigrate that achievement with this narrative that we shithoused it - I really don't believe we did, I thought we showed incredible character and resilience that day against the most expensive squad in Europe.

I get that we have been shite this season but it seems perverse to me to now use one of our greatest achievements as a stick to beat all and sundry with, with this 'we fluked it' narrative. 

Also, I really believe that Brendan needs to change our current approach and be a little more flexible but if he's not a 'really that good a manager' then we've never had a good manager because his record is the best of all of them.

Yes, absolutely his stats are better, but would he have achieved the same had he been left with the team Ranieri had after Kante et al went? What if he'd inherited the total mess Puel had to deal with and the players he had available to him at that time?

We'll never know of course and it's probably a little unfair but Rodger's arrived at a very fortunate time when problems had been solved and a very decent squad of players were now available to him and then added to in the meantime. Yet again, strengthened this summer. It's been a long time since Christmas and there are undoubtedly problems and not merely because we've got two centre halves injured, it's more than that. We'll see what he's capable of now I think and I wish him well. But, let's not make him out to be something more than he is. I too think we had a great deal of luck in the cup final as we also did with some of the late second half points we accrued last season when Rodgers would eventually change his poor tactics towards the end of the game. His methods have been sussed out by opposition managers now and he badly needs to change tack somewhat.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

Regardless of which side of the in/out debate anyone is on, this portion of your post is the bit I have no time for.

If this and that happened we would never have won the FA Cup anyway - Is possibly the most ridiculous argument I've heard in an attempt to rubber stamp an opinion. Rodgers was the manager in every cup match we played, how can you try to deny him kudos for that trophy win? Honestly, who cares about decisions in a match that is long past? 

He has flaws alright, let's concentrate on discussing that rather than trying to discredit his successes, which is wholly unfair.

I think you missed the point of what I said.

Winning the FA Cup is a fantastic achievement and he deserves credit for that.

I was just mentioning the performance in the game was not so different to the overall pattern of are performances for a long time now so it was a bit of luck that if we could get lucky in 1 game in this run then we got the right game to get the luck which is great for our history but papers over the cracks regarding our actual form.

Its not discrediting the FA cup success because we beat 5 teams beforehand and he will always get the credit of that success and rightly so.

Now let’s get away from the achievement(as great as it is).

We have performed awfully since beating Villa away in February in my opinion. Barring maybe the first half of West Brom at home and Sheffield utd at home, we have looked very very rigid, poor, lack of creativity and awful defensively for a long time, this isn’t a knee jerk.

We all know Fofana is a huge miss this season and to be honest, arguably his injury cost us top 4 last season as Villa helped us out and we might of held on with him at CB but Brendan messed up his tactics vs Spurs when he needed to adjust, as he did vs a 10 man Saints and Newcastle at home with ridiculous decisions. Imagine putting Albrighton at LB and Castange at CB 🤦‍♂️.

The reality is, he isn’t a great manager. However I don’t want him sacked because he deserves time and it’ll cost us a fortune to get rid. He’s walking on thin ice though because it’s a huge game tomorrow and if we lose like im expecting then it’ll be a huge 2 week break for him and the pressure will be on.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

O'Neill is a God, as is Rodgers.

In years and years we'll look back at an FA Cup and Community Shield and won't remember the bad games/bad spells. Trophies stay longer/forever :)

All managers will have got stick, including O'Neill. But a big difference now is that we have the internet, social media, forums... it's easier to see the negativity now than it was then.

However it's how managers get out of the poor spell. This is what is slightly worrying to me because game after game nothing is changing at the minute and Rodgers doesn't seem to change. 

I will always remember the 20 points ahead and still didn’t qualify for the champions league 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1