Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

Back from a ban and thought I would have missed his exit - clearly not!

So far, from what I've missed:

• Some ITK's think he will be gone before Villa
  • Other ITK's think he won't be gone for Villa
  • Journalists reporting he's safe for now
  • Some talk of negotiating severence pay?
  • Matt Piper hates him (as do Marcus Bent and Souness)
  • Someone on the board is preventing him from being sacked.

Have I missed anything important?

Nope. Good summary man. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wymsey said:

Hope all of these kind comments about him make him very determined to create a successful team again..:whistle:

He is a highly paid professional. Our views of his diabolical onfield and off field performances should have no bearing on his professional duties as our manager. He’s a friggin narcissist not a snow flake. 

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

I’ve posted this from the Kelechi thread because I think Brendan’s treatment of Ihenacho is amongst the most damning aspects of his period here. I am sick and tired of hearing what Kels can’t do - play as a lone striker, trap a football, track back etc  - here is a guy whose goal involvement record is up there with the very best. Yet he’s only called upon in an emergency - often at the fag end of a game which is all but lost. To me it sums up BR’s complete inability to understand the merits of individual players and to deploy them to his advantage. Thanks to “student of the game” for the research: 

If I counted it right then he has 15 goals and 10 assists in his last 35 starts in all competitions.

Also has 38 goals and 21 assists in 6,019 minutes in all competitions over the past 4 seasons. That is a goal contribution every 102 minutes over the equivalent of about 2 seasons worth of minutes. 

To compare with some other players in all competitions. 
Salah has a goal contribution every 98 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,822 minutes) (65 goals and 25 assists)
Kane has a goal contribution every 95 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,760 minutes) (65 goals and 27 assists)
Son has a goal contribution every 108 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,013 minutes) (46 goals and 28 assists)
Mane has a goal contribution every 144 minutes over the last 2 seasons (7,657 minutes) (39 goals and 14 assists) 
Vardy has a goal contribution every 129 minutes over the last 2 seasons (6,079 minutes) (34 goals and 13 assists)
KDB has a goal contribution every 105 minutes over the last 2 seasons (6,922 minutes) (30 goals and 36 assists)

That’s actually mental when you see it in black and white. BR needs to fook off.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Foxinscouseland said:

Classic cliche time, form is temporary, class is permanent. We won the FA cup, 2 5th and 1 8th in premiership. Too many have short memories. Where were we 10 years ago, 20 years ago. Love him or hate him Rodger’s has class, at Liverpool and, Celtic - I know it’s not the same as the prem, but he is having a dip in performance. Get behind him and the team against villa. Even fergie struggled for a while, but he sort of did ok didnt he. 

a year of really really bad football is a very long dip in form. 

we have 24 points from our last 24 games & it's getting worse. we will be relegated if he stays in charge much longer. 

2 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

I’ve posted this from the Kelechi thread because I think Brendan’s treatment of Ihenacho is amongst the most damning aspects of his period here. I am sick and tired of hearing what Kels can’t do - play as a lone striker, trap a football, track back etc  - here is a guy whose goal involvement record is up there with the very best. Yet he’s only called upon in an emergency - often at the fag end of a game which is all but lost. To me it sums up BR’s complete inability to understand the merits of individual players and to deploy them to his advantage. Thanks to “student of the game” for the research: 

If I counted it right then he has 15 goals and 10 assists in his last 35 starts in all competitions.

Also has 38 goals and 21 assists in 6,019 minutes in all competitions over the past 4 seasons. That is a goal contribution every 102 minutes over the equivalent of about 2 seasons worth of minutes. 

To compare with some other players in all competitions. 
Salah has a goal contribution every 98 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,822 minutes) (65 goals and 25 assists)
Kane has a goal contribution every 95 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,760 minutes) (65 goals and 27 assists)
Son has a goal contribution every 108 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,013 minutes) (46 goals and 28 assists)
Mane has a goal contribution every 144 minutes over the last 2 seasons (7,657 minutes) (39 goals and 14 assists) 
Vardy has a goal contribution every 129 minutes over the last 2 seasons (6,079 minutes) (34 goals and 13 assists)
KDB has a goal contribution every 105 minutes over the last 2 seasons (6,922 minutes) (30 goals and 36 assists)

We wouldn't have even finished in europe in 2021 if it wasnt for Kelechi single handedly dragging Rodgers through that period. 

34 minutes ago, Foxinscouseland said:

Classic cliche time, form is temporary, class is permanent. We won the FA cup, 2 5th and 1 8th in premiership. Too many have short memories. Where were we 10 years ago, 20 years ago. Love him or hate him Rodger’s has class, at Liverpool and, Celtic - I know it’s not the same as the prem, but he is having a dip in performance. Get behind him and the team against villa. Even fergie struggled for a while, but he sort of did ok didnt he. 

Get up 

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

So its going to take 1 point from 8 games to potentially get rid? Frightening!!

Bet most in the media will still kick off if we dare to sack him after Spurs

Imagine what the Spurs score is going to be if he is still here lol

• Sad 1

What’s funny is that “form is temporary, class is permanent” is only ever tossed around when somebody is seen to have lost their way rather than when somebody does better than expected.

The reality is that under Rodgers we were very good for about 9 months, crap for the next 6, pretty good for the next 6, average for the next 12 and crap for the last 9.

17 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Am I reading that right that he's in the country now, before jetting off later today? :ph34r:

No, assuming that is Top's plane, it says that he is in Nice and has been since the 2nd of September after flying in from Thailand on the 1st of September.

Today he is flying from Nice to Paris, before flying to the UK later tonight.

In many ways international break makes sense but I don't see the point in giving a manager 2 games. What if he wins 1? Do we carry on a bit longer. Either you want to sack him or you don't. 

It's gone too far though. We can play amazing on Saturday but the next time we don't we will be back to where we are now. 

Brendan Rogers signed Betrand, Vestergaard and Soumare and our financial loss £119 mil.

Man Utd signed Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane and their financial loss is £117 mil.

For the love of God, someone in somewhere keep screwing up consistently.

This is ridiculous.

• Like 1