Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

As soon as he's sacked I'm watching as many of the title winning documentaries as I can find. Need to fall back in love with club that I've barely recognised over the past couple of years

Watch the video of Pearson post match at Burnley 14/15, couple of pages back in the Pearson here and now thread... reminds you why we love the club so much and where we can get back to one day 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, stu said:

No, assuming that is Top's plane, it says that he is in Nice and has been since the 2nd of September after flying in from Thailand on the 1st of September.

Today he is flying from Nice to Paris, before flying to the UK later tonight.

See told you all. Tuesday night is SACKING night.

32 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

And this is exactly the problem. We will always think like 'little old Leicester' despite the fact our owners are some of the most ambitious going and Rodgers is paid more than most managers in the league, a section of our fans are programmed to lower expectations because we used to be shit. 

Open your eyes to what we're actually watching, this man is completely wasting a talented bunch of players that we've built up over years of running the club well. It's not a coincidence that the top clubs have consistently poached our players in the last 5 years, we can't think like underdogs if we want to progress. 

They're ambitious off the pitch. But over the last 5 years our net spend on players in about £35 million. Or £7 million a year. They bought in a manager and paid him top wages cus they knew this was cheaper than bringing in an average manager and investing more in the squad. And for 3 years it worked.

I completely disagree with the way Rodgers has gone about it, but his overall point about the squad becoming stale is valid. There's only so long the same message can get home to the same group of players. And I just don't buy there were no funds available- where has schmeichel, fofana and choudhury's wages gone? Why ask for £30m plus for a completely out of form Tielemans in the last year of his contract? 

The board has taken their eyes off the pitch and focused too much on off the pitch stuff while expecting Rodgers to continue to outperform where we should be. He obviously needs to go now cus that's the only way we can turn it around, but the animosity towards him is largely misplaced and should be directed elsewhere

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, stu said:

No, assuming that is Top's plane, it says that he is in Nice and has been since the 2nd of September after flying in from Thailand on the 1st of September.

Today he is flying from Nice to Paris, before flying to the UK later tonight.

Hmm, stopping off in France to speak to...  Laurent Blanc???  If I suggest that here, will it appear as a Twitter rumour later?

3 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

I’ve posted this from the Kelechi thread because I think Brendan’s treatment of Ihenacho is amongst the most damning aspects of his period here. I am sick and tired of hearing what Kels can’t do - play as a lone striker, trap a football, track back etc  - here is a guy whose goal involvement record is up there with the very best. Yet he’s only called upon in an emergency - often at the fag end of a game which is all but lost. To me it sums up BR’s complete inability to understand the merits of individual players and to deploy them to his advantage. Thanks to “student of the game” for the research: 

If I counted it right then he has 15 goals and 10 assists in his last 35 starts in all competitions.

Also has 38 goals and 21 assists in 6,019 minutes in all competitions over the past 4 seasons. That is a goal contribution every 102 minutes over the equivalent of about 2 seasons worth of minutes. 

To compare with some other players in all competitions. 
Salah has a goal contribution every 98 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,822 minutes) (65 goals and 25 assists)
Kane has a goal contribution every 95 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,760 minutes) (65 goals and 27 assists)
Son has a goal contribution every 108 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,013 minutes) (46 goals and 28 assists)
Mane has a goal contribution every 144 minutes over the last 2 seasons (7,657 minutes) (39 goals and 14 assists) 
Vardy has a goal contribution every 129 minutes over the last 2 seasons (6,079 minutes) (34 goals and 13 assists)
KDB has a goal contribution every 105 minutes over the last 2 seasons (6,922 minutes) (30 goals and 36 assists)

When you consider their figures are from players who have all had long runs in a team. Look at Kels figures when he had a decent run, it's embarrassing what were missing out on. We should have been building a team around him.

• Like 2

The stop off in Paris on the way back feels random, especially given it's literally for an hour. Suggests picking someone up*

*i'm well aware i'm reading far too much into Tops summer holiday and picking a friend up on the way to london lol 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

The stop off in Paris on the way back feels random, especially given it's literally for an hour. Suggests picking someone up*

*i'm well aware i'm reading far too much into Tops summer holiday and picking a friend up on the way to london lol 

I have read far too much into anything regarding Rodgers going... but brushed off any rumour he might be staying

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Just because that’s Top’s plane, doesn’t mean he’s on it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Silva Fox said:

Maybe just maybe Top believes he owes it to  Rodgers to deliver the message in person - we can at least hope that's what this is! 

Possibily, or alternatively its seen as his presence at the training ground in the build up to the Villa game may spur the players and management on to an improved performance and 3 points.

Then if that doesn't work and he sees for himself the situation and the mood of the fans, he can be sacked that evening and his replacement announced Monday after meeting him on the Sunday.

Must admit I'd prefer your version though...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smudgerfox said:

I’ve posted this from the Kelechi thread because I think Brendan’s treatment of Ihenacho is amongst the most damning aspects of his period here. I am sick and tired of hearing what Kels can’t do - play as a lone striker, trap a football, track back etc  - here is a guy whose goal involvement record is up there with the very best. Yet he’s only called upon in an emergency - often at the fag end of a game which is all but lost. To me it sums up BR’s complete inability to understand the merits of individual players and to deploy them to his advantage. Thanks to “student of the game” for the research: 

If I counted it right then he has 15 goals and 10 assists in his last 35 starts in all competitions.

Also has 38 goals and 21 assists in 6,019 minutes in all competitions over the past 4 seasons. That is a goal contribution every 102 minutes over the equivalent of about 2 seasons worth of minutes. 

To compare with some other players in all competitions. 
Salah has a goal contribution every 98 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,822 minutes) (65 goals and 25 assists)
Kane has a goal contribution every 95 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,760 minutes) (65 goals and 27 assists)
Son has a goal contribution every 108 minutes over the last 2 seasons (8,013 minutes) (46 goals and 28 assists)
Mane has a goal contribution every 144 minutes over the last 2 seasons (7,657 minutes) (39 goals and 14 assists) 
Vardy has a goal contribution every 129 minutes over the last 2 seasons (6,079 minutes) (34 goals and 13 assists)
KDB has a goal contribution every 105 minutes over the last 2 seasons (6,922 minutes) (30 goals and 36 assists)

Rodgers would have been out of a job long ago if it wasn't for Iheanacho. He dragged us to the cup final, without that win he doesn't make it far into 21/22.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Back from a ban and thought I would have missed his exit - clearly not!

So far, from what I've missed:

• Some ITK's think he will be gone before Villa
  • Other ITK's think he won't be gone for Villa
  • Journalists reporting he's safe for now
  • Some talk of negotiating severence pay?
  • Matt Piper hates him (as do Marcus Bent and Souness)
  • Someone on the board is preventing him from being sacked.

Have I missed anything important?

I've just been released from the slammer too. 

I've come out a reformed member now though, 7 bans deep, I realised its time to turn my life around.

• Haha 3