Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, adejo92 said:

I've just been released from the slammer too. 

I've come out a reformed member now though, 7 bans deep, I realised its time to turn my life around.

I've lost count. I called Brendan a T*** which was deemed unacceptable. Though I've seen far, far worse over the last few days lol

Onwards and upwards

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Interesting that Top’s been in the south of France, I’ve heard Kasper isn’t particularly happy with life at Nice. Imagine him coming back as a player manager role 😂

Hopefully, getting Jim Ratcliffe on board........ 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Rodgers would have been out of a job long ago if it wasn't for Iheanacho. He dragged us to the cup final, without that win he doesn't make it far into 21/22.

So it's Nachos fault he's still here. Get rid and buy a decent striker.

• Haha 3

No matter how much this guy wants to blame everyone including Doris the tea lady before himself for our nosedive, he needs to look at the potential route causes and realise they ALL relate back to him.

1. “The players aren’t up to the job and not good enough”

Why aren’t they playing to their full potential Rodge? Because they aren’t being mentored and coached properly, simple as that. The system that is being forced down their throats doesn’t work anymore and he isn’t re evolving to find an alternative style of play. he’s adamant this recycle ball crap is the way forward. A good works man doesn’t blame his tools, publicly slamming Cags like the way he did is potentially career destroying and will do nothing to bring his A game back. It looks the same for Castagne as well, it definitely isn’t squad rotation.

2. “I haven’t received the backing in the market”

Stop now, I could name a few managers that have worked on a shoestring budget for years and got the best out of their team, Dyche at Burnley, Howe at Bournemouth, albeit they were eventually sent on their way but it’s inevitable when they work with that tight a budget for so long. The second Brendan cannot get the backing of millions, it all suddenly goes Pete tong overnight. You work with what you’ve got, the squad on paper has 10+ internationals and is more than good enough to not be where it is right now, no excuses there but keep digging mate.

3. “The supporters need to get behind the defence when playing out”

Arguably the cheekiest excuse of the lot and definitely the most desperate statement that’s come out the guys mouth since he’s been here. There’s a reason we get anxious when Ward’s got the ball at his feet, he’d get closed down by a toddler at a kids birthday party, the guy cannot play off the deck. Luke isn’t physical enough to travel forward with it and Jonny can’t find a quick pass, he seems to spend a lifetime making a decision when the ball could already be in the final third. Our sidewards play is too predictable and we get caught out every time.

The second he finally owns his sh*t and comes out and says it’s solely down to him and stop blaming everything non-Brendan, we may see change. After all he is the manager, the clue is in the job title. But let’s be honest here, that’s wishful thinking of me.

Edited by Trelleh
  • Like 1

So to sum up, I reckon Kasper is coming in as assistant player manager to Kevin Maher, and a full takeover by Jim Radcliffe, which has been agreed, all to be announced at 9:30pm tonight, statement from Filbert Way, by Top along side Jim, following a quick dash up the A1(M)

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

So to sum up, I reckon Kasper is coming in as assistant player manager to Kevin Maher, and a full takeover by Jim Radcliffe, which has been agreed, all to be announced at 9:30pm tonight, statement from Filbert Way, by Top along side Jim, following a quick dash up the A1(M)

I don't think it's a coincidence that Ratcliffe is Maher's godfather

Edited by filbertway

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Sorry man but this is just a ridiculous call.

The only way Frank takes us down is if the players take an immediate disliking to him. Our squad is much better than our current league position and I wouldn't really expect any new manager to take us down, especially one who seems to be pretty good at motivating and rallying his players which is a big part of Frank's style.

You might not like the guy but come on. The fact that so much of FoxesTalk dislikes him is exactly why he'd be good for us right now. FoxesTalk dislikes him because he says and does things to deflect the attention from his players and squad, blames losses on X, Y or Z to avoid publicly criticising his players and to keep up morale. FT will cry because the mean football manager didn't give glorious LCFC the credit we deserve for beating them and because he seems like a bit of a sore loser but that's exactly what we need. 

Thomas Frank is the sort of manager you need to give time to build his squad. I like Frank and if we were to go down he would be the ideal man to rebuild us, or even if next summer when we stay up by the skin of our knackers.

But right now we need a man that can come in and deliver almost instantly. I don't think he's that man.

I actually do really like him. I like him for pretty much all the reasons you've said in your 2nd paragraph. I just think that he's the right man at the wrong time.

3 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

I said it the other day.

We really miss Liamlcfc when it comes to flight tracking. He'd know everything about it.

I'd love to hear his opinions on the team, as i'm sure they'd be filled with some fantastic expletives and witty humour. 

What a man and a friend. :cry: