Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

so its £10m to sack him, do it, I'm hoping the delay is them lining up the replacement first

What an absurd amount of money to pay someone who can no longer do a proper job at the club. If they're going shell out that much, why not pay him off in pound coins? The overall weight would be approximately 96.5 tons. Give him the job of removing them from the premises on his way out. Being a money-grabber, he might even enjoy it!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

All seems very very very very very quiet. Hopefully ominously quiet.

Or there's just no more to it until after the Villa game.

Trust me, I'd love to see him sacked this instant but let's not delude ourselves into believing anythings gonna happen between now and Saturday. If they wanted someone new in place for Villa they'd have done it right after Brighton

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would think that Kasper went to Top to convey the dissatisfaction within the squad with Rodgers!!!

Top either believed Kasper was overblowing the situation or informed him there was nothing that can be done to remove him, as we did not have the finance to sever his employment. Kasper no doubt seeing the futility of the situation, with Rodgers still in charge, sought to find a way out, and grabbed at the chance to go to Nice.

At the moment Kasper at Nice is not going so well, and if Top had business in France and decided to visit Kasper then it may be a way out for both of them. Should Kasper agree to come away from Nice, it is not out of the realm of possibility that he could be offered a position where he becomes part of the structure at the club, and Top has a man in a place who he would trust implicitly.

For example, Dennis Wise is the president of Serie B side Como, if that can happen, then Kasper could become an executive officer of this club. It would be a wise career move for Kasper.

Never and I mean never compare Kasper to that idiot ever again. 

Otherwise I agree kasper Is bound to come back to the club in some form if Top is still here

4 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

4-1-6

He's good enough to be the only midfielder.  And we need goals, hence the 6 up front.  Didn't even both with a goalkeeper.  

I know you're joking but the 3-1-6 is an actual modern system. It doesn't work in practice as you'd imagine and it's not quite how a team would stand in their defensive shape but it is a thing. 

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Any players posted anything since Sunday? 

Two birthday cards and 25 letters to Top pleading with him to get the Roger Hunt out and away.

Top and Kasper are very close. No stretch to imagine Top stopped off in Nice to discuss things with him.  

If Top is then flying in to the UK it is again no stretch to imagine that he is coming in to sort this mess out. My only concern is that he will give Brendan the Villa game - which will be a disaster again. It’s like a rampant hamster has gone nuts inside Rodgers brain box. 

In reality the decision needs making now. It isn’t going to miraculously get better. At this stage we are just wilfully throwing away points. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Top and Kasper are very close. No stretch to imagine Top stopped off in Nice to discuss things with him.  

If Top is then flying in to the UK it is again no stretch to imagine that he is coming in to sort this mess out. My only concern is that he will give Brendan the Villa game - which will be a disaster again. It’s like a rampant hamster has gone nuts inside Rodgers brain box. 

In reality the decision needs making now. It isn’t going to miraculously get better. At this stage we are just wilfully throwing away points. 

I think it probably is a stretch given it has been for 4 days.

I think the paris/nice stop off is probably just a holiday.... but the fact he's on his way over is more encouraging, I was surprised he wasn't here for Man Utd as usually never misses a 'big game'

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

yeah, i’m not sure how this blackout stuff is supposed to work. 

Could it just be because we got battered and the players are embarrassed 🤷‍♂️

That's usually when they talk the most. 

'must do better, thanks to all the fans that travelled, thanks for your support, we need to stick together...' 

Along those lines. 

To hear nothing is surprising. But maybe being off social media is one less distraction for them all and getting Sundays game out of their heads is beneficial for Saturday. Now just need to get the manager out of their lives and we're good to go! 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That's usually when they talk the most. 

'must do better, thanks to all the fans that travelled, thanks for your support, we need to stick together...' 

Along those lines. 

To hear nothing is surprising. But maybe being off social media is one less distraction for them all and getting Sundays game out of their heads is beneficial for Saturday. Now just need to get the manager out of their lives and we're good to go! 

I don’t pay too much attention to it tbh but there’s every chance that the club has told them to get their heads down and stay off of social media for a while, may be nothing to do with a managerial change. 

Im at the acceptance stage of grief, he’s going to be here for villa. 

for those of you that usually follow the jet, where do we typically land? southend seems too random.

Seems to me like it’s most likely dropping off a senior staff member who has been out to france or bkk. 

No wonder we are financially screwed if we send jets from bangkok just to give someone a lift from nice to southend… get them on the eurostar 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd absolutely love to see the board come out and say they agree with the supporters and he's a disgrace and want him gone but they cannot afford to pay him off and he'd rather the club go bust or get relegated than do the honourable thing and resign. Imagine his reaction 😂😂😂😂😂

I mean he'd probably end up being awarded more than his payout if he sued them for those comments... lol 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd absolutely love to see the board come out and say they agree with the supporters and he's a disgrace and want him gone but they cannot afford to pay him off and he'd rather the club go bust or get relegated than do the honourable thing and resign. Imagine his reaction 😂😂😂😂😂

I would love it but it would take a Brendan style arrogance to go up against him like that. Something which our board and leadership I suspect lack a bit...and not the KP style. Simon Jordan style would be needed 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think it probably is a stretch given it has been for 4 days.

I think the paris/nice stop off is probably just a holiday.... but the fact he's on his way over is more encouraging, I was surprised he wasn't here for Man Utd as usually never misses a 'big game'

No helping some people. Even if it IS a holiday, do you think, whilst in Nice, he wouldn’t catch up with someone close to him?  Other cities are available in France. 🤣

• Haha 1