Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

29 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

I will always remember the 20 points ahead and still didn’t qualify for the champions league 

This hurts a lot more than what happened last year. Given the fact our lead was never that big and injuries as well 

I doubt anyone wants to see him sacked. What we would like to see is improvement in the basics. Passing, which has been horrendous lately. Set pieces both ends of the pitch. The Delivery is generally poor. The positioning in the box also poor. Why does Soyuncu and Vestegaard battle for the same space .

Why isn't someone  covering the back of the Area for overhit corners or knock ons. Similar with Free Kicks  .Either over hit or too flat and headed away.

These are easy things to sort out on the Training pitch, But what worries me is Brendan is such a good Coach why he doesn't see these errors or more importantly do something about them. I don't accept that he doesn't have the time with games coming fast. We're talking about a couple of Hours to instruct the players and walk them through it if that's what it takes.

70 minute rule for Substitutions needs to change, if someone is not performing get them off.

Balls into the box, How many times have Balls been played into the box only for it to be behind the two or three attackers who have broken a gut to get into the Box.

Why can't they be instructed where to go roughly. Near post penalty spot/ centre of Goal , Edge of Box and back post. This way we have a chance for someone to get onto the end of things, Instead of two or 3 players taken out of the game by the Ball going behind them.

I could go on but If Brendan could just sort out these issues I'd be more convinced that he's on top of things.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Living in misery will only get you so far... 

I’m just saying I will remember it lol apart from that I’m not really worried with the way things are at the minute as I think things will be ok in the end 

I really don’t understand the negativity over Brendon. The guy has smashed our glass ceiling for the last 2 seasons and winning us the FA Cup!!! THE FA CUP.

What we really need to do is get behind the team. Against Burnley I felt the crowd was quiet. I understand that the performance of the team influences that but sometimes we as supporters can play our role also. The season of the great escape there was an unbelievable atmosphere and things were much worse within that season than things are now.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, trueblue06 said:

I really don’t understand the negativity over Brendon. The guy has smashed our glass ceiling for the last 2 seasons and winning us the FA Cup!!! THE FA CUP.

What we really need to do is get behind the team. Against Burnley I felt the crowd was quiet. I understand that the performance of the team influences that but sometimes we as supporters can play our role also. The season of the great escape there was an unbelievable atmosphere and things were much worse within that season than things are now.

It's about expectations.  In the great escape season we hoped that, at best we might finish somewhere around mid-table but if we're honest, would have been happy just avoiding relegation.  That was our first season back in the prem and of course there was excitement in the ground, seeing our team pitting themselves against the best in the world, after what had been a torrid few years.

It's testiment to the club that our expectations are far higher now than they've probably ever been.  An unbelievable turnaround really.  We have a squad full of top class players, we have "one of the best coaches in world football", we have world class training facilities, we're in Europe for the second season in a row for the first time ever, we are the FA Cup holders, Community Shield holders and recent Premier League winners.  Yet oddly, despite all of that, the frustration is very real and very understandable, because the fact is that in 8 out 10 games, the team doesn't reach the performance levels that they're capable of, which leads to missed opportunities and regret.  We should be playing our second successive season in the Champions League.  We shouldn't have been eliminated in the round of 32 in last season's Europa League, we should be qualifying with ease from our group this season, we should have more points on the board than we have.  We should be scoring more goals, we should be conceding less.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trueblue06 said:

....the Newcastle game was great....!!!

The crowd was right up for it at the start and our play was totally in their face kind of stuff. We had the Fullbacks pushed right up and played with a highline, we were at it non stop. The atmosphere was great the crowd was loud and Newcastle were lucky not to come away with a worse score-line, we totally slaughtered them. Albrighton had recently come into the first team and if I recall played on the right as a Wing-Back.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

O'Neill is a God, as is Rodgers.

In years and years we'll look back at an FA Cup and Community Shield and won't remember the bad games/bad spells. Trophies stay longer/forever :)

All managers will have got stick, including O'Neill. But a big difference now is that we have the internet, social media, forums... it's easier to see the negativity now than it was then.

However it's how managers get out of the poor spell. This is what is slightly worrying to me because game after game nothing is changing at the minute and Rodgers doesn't seem to change. 

.....MON went across to the fans at the end of the Sheffield game and apologised!!!

You have to really care, if you are prepared to go across to supporters who had just witnessed another poor performance, and apologised and promised that it wouldn't happen again. Some managers can come out and hold their hand up and say they got it wrong, some just can't do that.

Edited by sacreblueits442

4 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I think you missed the point of what I said.

I really didn't.

Despite saying Rodgers deserves credit for the FA cup in your last post, what you said in the previous post was this

'let’s be honest, even that was due to a wonder goal out of nothing, a wonder save out of nothing and a very close VAR call that might of stood this seasonthe luck was with us on the day to knick the game, probably the only way we could have.'

That doesn't seem like giving him much credit at all tbh.

I think Rodgers shortcomings can be discussed without discrediting the FA cup win. That was the only point I made. I'll stick by it.

15 hours ago, John12345 said:

If you go on those form table websites and look at a decent time period for PL say 25 games we are below mid table. The owners won't like that with their financial backing and they have shown themselves to be pretty unsentimental when they need to be. 

Yes we have had some hot streaks in his tenure and the fa Cup win but I think we have played badly by and large for a long time.

I'm guessing he will get to the new year and unless there's been a marked improvement he will got his p45, the league table will show we could get sucked in etc. And the media will be out which I don't think they are yet, he still has a lot of credit.

Personally i don't actually like brendan as i find him unable to learn from mistakes and too slow or fearful to make decisions. He seems to talk the talk but not back this up which comes across as disingenuous.  But he obviously has something and I'm hoping he can fulfil his potential with us. I want good exciting football with decent results. I'm not expecting top 4 ,cl etc. Just a lot better than this.

We have been crap for ages, the army of ostriches on here won’t agree though, we won an FA cup.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

I hope we don't end up like Portsmouth and Wigan!

Not a chance imo. These clubs were artificially propped up by a level of spending and wage expenditure that was unsustainable relative to the size of the clubs in terms of support, income, etc.

Leicester are a different animal, have grown the right way, incrementally in a self-sustaining way..

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

We have been crap for ages, the army of ostriches on here won’t agree though, we won an FA cup.

I think the fact that so many on here flat-out stated they'd rather have an FA Cup than make CL (the consequences of missing out are already being felt keenly this season) is the proof of that.  Once we somehow managed to win that final the Dear Leader myth was going to be unshakable.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Not a chance imo. These clubs were artificially propped up by a level of spending and wage expenditure that was unsustainable relative to the size of the clubs in terms of support, income, etc.

Leicester are a different animal, have grown the right way, incrementally in a self-sustaining way..

I know. It was a bit of facetious comment. Winning the FA Cup was the 3rd best moment of my football life. But it doesn't necessarily mean we are a great team. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Nothing personal but I keep seeing posts like these and I just do not understand this logic. Is it less of a win because we scored a great goal and Kasper made a brilliant save? Is that not what finals are for - moments of magic as well as riding your luck? We were the underdogs, Chelsea had all the finals experience but we dug in and won it. Would it be more of an achievement if we'd comfortably beaten them 3-0 because that was never going to happen was it?

Just pisses me off that the FA Cup win was arguably the second greatest achievement in our history and yet some fans are so quick to denigrate that achievement with this narrative that we shithoused it - I really don't believe we did, I thought we showed incredible character and resilience that day against the most expensive squad in Europe.

I get that we have been shite this season but it seems perverse to me to now use one of our greatest achievements as a stick to beat all and sundry with, with this 'we fluked it' narrative. 

Also, I really believe that Brendan needs to change our current approach and be a little more flexible but if he's not a 'really that good a manager' then we've never had a good manager because his record is the best of all of them.

Big up this post 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I really didn't.

Despite saying Rodgers deserves credit for the FA cup in your last post, what you said in the previous post was this

'let’s be honest, even that was due to a wonder goal out of nothing, a wonder save out of nothing and a very close VAR call that might of stood this seasonthe luck was with us on the day to knick the game, probably the only way we could have.'

That doesn't seem like giving him much credit at all tbh.

I think Rodgers shortcomings can be discussed without discrediting the FA cup win. That was the only point I made. I'll stick by it.

I too think we were a tad fortunate in the cup final itself but I don't think that discredits the win, it merely states how some people saw the game. Sometimes you get the rub of the green, sometimes you don't. What I will say is that the FA Cup isn't just about one game and in fairness to Rodgers, he fielded strong sides throughout the competition and how many times have there been complaints about managers not doing that before. Sometimes you contribute to your own luck.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I too think we were a tad fortunate in the cup final itself but I don't think that discredits the win, it merely states how some people saw the game. Sometimes you get the rub of the green, sometimes you don't. What I will say is that the FA Cup isn't just about one game and in fairness to Rodgers, he fielded strong sides throughout the competition and how many times have there been complaints about managers not doing that before. Sometimes you contribute to your own luck.

I wish he'd field strong sides in the Europa. That's our next goal, and our best chance of CL football.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I wish he'd field strong sides in the Europa. That's our next goal, and our best chance of CL football.

I know this does me every time, start with our strongest starting eleven then if we get a good lead take our best off. We try all season to finish in a European spot then don’t give it a good go. Completely understand the team needs to rest players but we also need to win games.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, trabuch said:

We certainly didn't need to play Evans for 90mins v Millwall

Absolutely, so much for gradual introduction from injury. Haven't been been here before with Soyuncu and Ricardo? Could it have helped Maddison to have two or three second half introductions?