Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Kopfkino
24 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

On social media earlier I saw some clips of Palace away where we played that lovely one touch move down the left, cut back to Vardy who finishes it. It was full of fast paced one pass play, lots of movement and it was razor sharp. 

A world away from what it is now. You can only think for the powers that be it’s been just enough time for them to not notice the drop. It’s not been overnight, but just long enough where they might not have truly realised how bad it’s got.

It’s almost like going through the 5 stages of grief when you watch back some of the performances and football of his first 24 months.

Which also throws his bollocks about the players being good enough. Sure other teams have stepped up and sure there’s the often underestimated mental side to it. But as he says himself, they’re the same players but now they don’t have the ‘quality’ to play football apparently.

Just now, Kopfkino said:

It’s almost like going through the 5 stages of grief when you watch back some of the performances and football of his first 24 months.

Which also throws his bollocks about the players being good enough. Sure other teams have stepped up and sure there’s the often underestimated mental side to it. But as he says himself, they’re the same players but now they don’t have the ‘quality’ to play football apparently.

It’s funny how it wasn’t such a young squad when we were playing well and winning. Two years down the line it’s inexplicably inexperienced 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Kelechi and Youri did about 80% of the work

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Also let's not forget luck was very much on our side in that game... 

that’s being a bit petty lads. Football is a game of fine margins or luck as you’d say. you can’t suddenly take the credit away from the manager when you dislike him. 

He’s being useless now but he also had us in 5th place in the league (for the second year running) at that time, so it was hardly just a one off fluke cup run. 

he may be a toxic human who is dismantling everything currently but that doesn’t change that he did great stuff for us, for a while 

Edited by Lambert09

Guest Kopfkino
58 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Protest pre Villa is needed.

Bang one of these on the verge opposite the training ground like Led by Donkeys do. No shortage of material from Rodgers for it 

2B3E6598-4BC3-481C-BFA6-3BF5D5F9918B.jpeg.24c12b8339fccacb118d9f9d49a3285c.jpeg

23 minutes ago, sdb said:

That means we lose. We've seen the team crumble under any pressure as it is. Better to back the team and if they lose, we kick off. Booing the team from the off is only going to reinforce the narrative that it's the fans who are the issue, and that BR is operating without support from anywhere in the club. We know that's not true, so let's not let the club down in that way.

Protest outside the ground a march so to speak.

https://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/forum/index.php?threads/brendan-rogers-with-a-d.695576/

Really interesting read from the Wolves’ forum.

My favourites being:

BR is like Mark McGhee - Thinks he’s way better than he is.

A lot of them have swallowed the media narrative of “attacking possession based football”, “elite manager” …. Quite a few quoting Leicester mates that can’t stand him.

Interesting read though! 

4 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Protest outside the ground a march so to speak.

I’m curious to see how many would be up for this. If anybody is able to orchestrate, I’d be there but have no idea how to begin organising such a thing other than saying 1pm, meet outside the fan store.

17 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Think the press release stuff for tomorrow around 11ish at night. If there’s not even a sniff he’s going, I’m not going Saturday. Protesting with my feet (and saving some fuel money)

The only efficient way to do it. 

This stuff about 10m to sack him doesn't stack up. 

We can relieve from duties on full.pay. And we are bound to pay him for the remainder  of hos3 contract. 

If however he is offered a new job whilst being, in effect, suspended....the two parties can come to an agreement to terminate the contract. 

You'd think, almost certainly, he'd be offered a job over the remaining course of his contract

Besides, we've budgeted to pay him anyway. So that's not a 'cost' as such. The only cost is the new manager wages, which clearly would he relatively modest

Basically, he's still here because bizarrely the club management want him here

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, BeaumontFox said:

I’m curious to see how many would be up for this. If anybody is able to orchestrate, I’d be there but have no idea how to begin organising such a thing other than saying 1pm, meet outside the fan store.

I am sure a couple of thousand would be interested which would send a strong message.

16 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

It's got to the point I want us to lose to Villa now. He won't survive after that.

People have been saying this for week. 

I’m not convinced the board have the cojonues to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What if we win 3-0 or better on Saturday; would fans give him the benefit of the doubt?

Nope, he absolutely has to go. His time is over here. He’s shown his true colours, and frankly he shown how poor of a coach he really is. He should be taking this on as a challenge, the wider world would think much more of him if he just got on with it and tried to make the most out of what he has. However, he’s chosen to bitch and moan and point the finger at anyone but himself. 

Anyway, we won’t win… 

• Like 2

He’s been peddling this young. Squad thing for a while. 

We average 26.5

11 teams have an average age younger than us. 

The highest is 27.6

Its a stupid argument. 

• Like 1