Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I'm astounded that over 48 hours after that indefensible performance at Brighton AND his offensive post match comments that Rodgers is still manager of this football club.

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I'm astounded that over 48 hours after that indefensible performance at Brighton AND his offensive post match comments that Rodgers is still manager of this football club.

It’s shocking mate and I’m not totally convinced he’ll go even with a similar performance and result against Villa.

Just now, dnewty said:

It’s shocking mate and I’m not totally convinced he’ll go even with a similar performance and result against Villa.

This concerns me. Surely a defeat against Villa will be enough, but I can see us all refreshing foxestalk on Sunday/Monday wondering why he hasn't been sacked lol

At this point I'd suggest there is an element of negligence creeping in. There is absolutely no way Brendan should be keeping his job, both for the performances on the pitch and the performances off them, in the media etc. I can't understand what's taking so long if it's not a financial issue, unless the Board are just either not the bothered or have really lost perspective on what this club means to the fans. As the months go on, especially during the last 12 or so, I do fear a disconnect between club and fans is growing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dnewty said:

Let’s face it none of us are even sure if the board are contemplating sacking him:unsure: can you imagine what the atmosphere will be like if Villa score from a set play in the first 10 minutes.

I really dont think they are, l strongly believe he will be in the job until the FWC.

I think we are whipping up a storm here and we are a bit blinded by it.

He is going to damage our club and the board simply have feet of clay in this.

10 minutes ago, WinslowFox said:

Brent out, Tuchel in?

Manager swap?

....with all the talent available, why is Tuchel struggling to get this team to compete!!!

With Kai Havertz, ( for me one of the best players out there) and he cannot unlock a system to make him shine. Tuchel was recently hailed as the best coach out there and he has this team performing way below what they should be.

I would be sceptical of him coming here (highly unlikely) he tends to leave a bad taste in the mouths of the clubs he has managed, his arrogance is his downfall and his single-minded approach to the game does not make him popular.

1 minute ago, SecretPro said:

At this point I'd suggest there is an element of negligence creeping in. There is absolutely no way Brendan should be keeping his job, both for the performances on the pitch and the performances off them, in the media etc. I can't understand what's taking so long if it's not a financial issue, unless the Board are just either not the bothered or have really lost perspective on what this club means to the fans. As the months go on, especially during the last 12 or so, I do fear a disconnect between club and fans is growing.

Great post, I feel exactly the same mate. I don’t think it’s all down to Rodgers, a freshen up is needed in multiple area’s at the club. Just get a feeling that there’s one or two people who are a little bit too comfortable.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

that’s being a bit petty lads. Football is a game of fine margins or luck as you’d say. you can’t suddenly take the credit away from the manager when you dislike him. 

He’s being useless now but he also had us in 5th place in the league (for the second year running) at that time, so it was hardly just a one off fluke cup run. 

he may be a toxic human who is dismantling everything currently but that doesn’t change that he did great stuff for us, for a while 

To be fair to me, I've always maintained he had a fortunate draw and his awful tactics were bailed out by Youri and Kel regularly in league and cup that season :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Both inexperienced and not changed in 3 years at the same time........ 

How does that work? 

It’s like Rodgers has a short memory, he’s so self-serving he’s not bothered about blithely contradicting himself.

28 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What if we win 3-0 or better on Saturday; would fans give him the benefit of the doubt?

One swallow doesn’t make a summer.

10 straight league wins and I might start to change my mind but I guarantee we still wouldn’t be able to defend corners.