Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:
Aston Villa, we’re coming for you 

Team this day: 

Kasper - left 

Pereira - injured 

Soyuncu -  bombed  out  

Evans - still at club 

Chilwell - left 

Ndidi - still at club 

Maddison - still at club 

Tielemans  -  still at club 

Barnes - still at club 

Vardy - still at club 

Perez - still at club 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:
Aston Villa, we’re coming for you 

Even watching that it's really down to individual bits of skill. We finish the move with 2 men in the box and it was hardly a counter attack. Nice to see Youri in the other teams half though and not being asked to sit holding the defence's hands.

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Even watching that it's really down to individual bits of skill. We finish the move with 2 men in the box and it was hardly a counter attack. Nice to see Youri in the other teams half though and not being asked to sit holding the defence's hands.

Rodgers and crew at the end of the video clip, be like that wasn't the plan guys, was it? Oh well I I'll have to come up with a cunning plan to wreck this team.

• Like 1

I understand the loyalty bit, and the unbelievable achievements, with him, I really do, but with everything that's gone on, the awful endless bad run of form, and the same reoccurring  issues, players out of form / favour,  appaling match against Brighton, and ridiculous decision making since the first match of the season, I cannot, have not, seen one shred of evidence, or reason, why he should stay a minute longer, what on earth is going on, it's not a healthy environment for anyone, the club, staff, players, fans, or Top the boss, surely he / we all deserve  a better chance for things to improve, get him out of here Top, as soon  as possible, give us some hope under a new Manager, who wants to be here!

Or for the love of god explain what the reasoning is, if he is here for the Villa match, I fear we may see an even worse performance than Sunday, and minus three more points, heading towards relegation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Deeg67 said:

If, hypothetically, a player was desperate for Rodgers to go, how balls-out hard are they going to be to try and beat Villa with him still in charge?

I don't think they even need to be desperate for him to go. It's going to be damaging enough for their morale that he couldn't have made it much clearer that he can't be arsed any more and has no trust in them as a collective. Why would you be willing to go the extra mile for a guy who's spent the summer telling anyone who'll listen how bad you are and how it'll be impossible to achieve anything unless he gets someone in to replace you, and who's continuing in the job solely to make sure he gets his payout?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

If, hypothetically, a player was desperate for Rodgers to go, how balls-out hard are they going to be to try and beat Villa with him still in charge?

Bit of a viscous cycle in a world cup year...Patson you're not going. You know what to do 

41 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Team this day: 

Kasper - left 

Pereira - injured 

Soyuncu -  bombed  out  

Evans - still at club 

Chilwell - left 

Ndidi - still at club 

Maddison - still at club 

Tielemans  -  still at club 

Barnes - still at club 

Vardy - still at club 

Perez - still at club 

Highlights the problem.  I  really think we have the worst defense and goalkeeper situation in the Premier League.  Not certain we have the personnel in house to sort it out... whoever is manager.  I think the best we can hope for is some damage limitation and hopefully we have some funds to strengthen even through loans in Jan.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Vazman said:

I understand the loyalty bit, and the unbelievable achievements, with him, I really do, but with everything that's gone on, the awful endless bad run of form, and the same reoccurring  issues, players out of form / favour,  appaling match against Brighton, and ridiculous decision making since the first match of the season, I cannot, have not, seen one shred of evidence, or reason, why he should stay a minute longer, what on earth is going on, it's not a healthy environment for anyone, the club, staff, players, fans, or Top the boss, surely he / we all deserve  a better chance for things to improve, get him out of here Top, as soon  as possible, give us some hope under a new Manager, who wants to be here!

Or for the love of god explain what the reasoning is, if he is here for the Villa match, I fear we may see an even worse performance than Sunday, and minus three more points, heading towards relegation. 

...you would believe that Top is aware of the feelings as expressed on this forum, but it is not evident in the stadium at games!!!

If all Top sees are disgruntlement, then he is going to look to ride this out, there will be no sense of urgency. Unless he is aware of the sentiments coming from this forum, he is not going to act.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....with all the talent available, why is Tuchel struggling to get this team to compete!!!

With Kai Havertz, ( for me one of the best players out there) and he cannot unlock a system to make him shine. Tuchel was recently hailed as the best coach out there and he has this team performing way below what they should be.

I would be sceptical of him coming here (highly unlikely) he tends to leave a bad taste in the mouths of the clubs he has managed, his arrogance is his downfall and his single-minded approach to the game does not make him popular.

Sounds familiar 🤔 

• Like 1

Here is hoping today is the day that the announcement is finally made, I am still clinging to the hope he is a goner. The basis for this is as follows - 

- LCFC social media and players social media has been pretty quiet, I am pretty sure training photos are released most days. 

- nothing in mainstream media from Percy et al to say he will get Villa game as a minimum of club still backing him etc. I would have expected something by now 

- Top would appear to now be in the country if plane tracking is to be believed 😂 but joking aside he will undoubtedly want to be present in such circumstances. 

- The big difference between Rodgers and other previously departed managers under KP ownership, is likely to be their severance packages would be pretty basic and straight forward..Given Rodgers contract I have no doubt this is a fairly complex negotiation hence the almost media blackout 

For those reasons I am still hopeful it will be announced today and for that reason I will be furiously refreshing Foxestalk, oddschecker and Twitter hoping for some positive news/confirmation he has left. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TK95 said:

The best period of football I've ever seen us play. That's what makes this more miserable. We WERE that good

Totally agree. That spell where there was the 9-0, the Arsenal game at home where we absolutely embarrassed them, palace away, Villa away I think Brighton away aswell, it was brilliant football and winning football, I was going to game knowing we would win. Now it's the opposite.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Here is hoping today is the day that the announcement is finally made, I am still clinging to the hope he is a goner. The basis for this is as follows - 

- Top would appear to now be in the country if plane tracking is to be believed 😂 but joking aside he will undoubtedly want to be present in such circumstances. 

Plane tracking disciple here.  Oh the times we have had… :clap:.  

You are missed, Liam. 🦊💙

• Like 1