Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

This Villa match is key I think. If we don't win then it'll be Spurs away and we could be looking at being on only 1 or 2 points after that game having played 8 games. 

Looking at the fixtures I think he'll be sacked after the Spurs game as the new man will come in with a decent set of fixtures starting with Forest at home. Can you imagine the atmosphere with a new manager at the helm going back to basics and letting the players express themselves? We then on paper have some favourable fixtures until we play Man City late October, the perfect opportunity for the new setup to build some momentum. 

Beating Villa and getting something out of the Spurs game is the only way BR saves his job IMO which looks almost impossible at the moment. 

• Like 1

Just now, Happy Fox said:

I would rather have Stowell In charge as a caretaker for Villa and Spurs till we appoint our new manager. It makes no sense to keep Rodgers any longer in the post.

Wouldn’t you normally put the assistant in charge? Or do we assume he goes when Rodgers goes?

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s also not our job to decide when he has to go, despite what some would have us believe, but we do that- so that argument is bollocks. lol

I mean no, no it isn't. But at this point you're becoming frustratingly deliberately thick at times and I'm pretty sure you just can't get out of a loop of being contrary. 

Come on, I'm extremely confident you understand the difference between fans having an opinion on the team they watch day in and day out and expecting fans to have an encyclopedic knowledge of head coaches around global football and an understanding of which would and wouldn't be available. 

• Like 2

Maybe a bit off topic but I had a dream last night that I got it on with a recent  love interest of Brendans...after a sesh in the sack I left the bedroom to use the facilities and who do I bump into in the corridor outside the bathroom...weeee Brendan in his dressing gown ...this is awkward I thought but he didn't care one iota

Anyone want to offer an explanation?

• Haha 3

Just now, Adrian said:

Maybe a bit off topic but I had a dream last night that I got it on with a recent  love interest of Brendans...after a sesh in the sack I left the bedroom to use the facilities and who do I bump into in the corridor outside the bathroom...weeee Brendan in his dressing gown ...this is awkward I thought but he didn't care one iota

It’s clearly seven years of plenty followed by seven years of famine … do we have any Josephs in the squad ???

Would've happened at the start of the week lads. He'll be getting the team drilled for Villa. If we lose to another struggler then it's likely curtains. If you look at all the teams we've played in the League they're all doing quite well; Brentford mid-table bound, decent strikers and great at home, Arsenal flying, Southampton's new signings playing well, Chelsea playing like shight but they're still Chelsea and still occasionally winning games(especially with VAR on their side), Man U now flying and Brighton who are a very well put together team. Villa have been an absolute mess.

That's my only reasoning for him still being here, we haven't quite been humiliated enough, while being bolted to the bottom of the League and completely incapable of defending and being a complete mess!

I mean I'd have sacked him months ago, but here we are. Looking forward to reading another 30 pages of nonsense today though. Feel sorry for the fans who've paid to go on the weekend if they're going to be served up the same deadbeat excuse ridden loserball.

2 minutes ago, Adrian said:

He’s a cuckold and was peeping through the door jerking to your hairy arse going up and down.

Sorry if that’s disturbed you lol 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I would rather have Stowell In charge as a caretaker for Villa and Spurs till we appoint our new manager. It makes no sense to keep Rodgers any longer in the post.

Agreed.  I absolutely don’t get this “we can’t fire him till we find a replacement”.  If the decision to axe him has been made he’ll surely know it, and it seems pointless to piss away matches with a manager you’ve already sacked in charge.  Just have an interim manager in place - you’d stand a better chance of poaching a point or three and you’d prevent Rodgers from doing any further damage. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I mean no, no it isn't. But at this point you're becoming frustratingly deliberately thick at times and I'm pretty sure you just can't get out of a loop of being contrary. 

Come on, I'm extremely confident you understand the difference between fans having an opinion on the team they watch day in and day out and expecting fans to have an encyclopedic knowledge of head coaches around global football and an understanding of which would and wouldn't be available. 

I get its fine to have an opinion just as its right and allowed to question that decision - the fact you don`t tlike the nature of the question in response to an opinion is on you. It is perfectly sensible to ask who could come in when Rodgers goes and if they would suit us, the style for the players we have, etc. 

Of course he needs to go, but it should not be offensive to pose follow on questions about his successor, 

See, didn`t call you names once, go me  :thumbup:

If he is still here for the Villa game, I find it very suspicious that there have been few mentions of the Brighton game on twitter.

There’s also been no images of training taken and published on there either. 

I think he’s gone but the sticking point is the compensation.

4 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

If he is still here for the Villa game, I find it very suspicious that there have been few mentions of the Brighton game on twitter.

For a Saturday game there’s not normally pictures of training until the Thursday/Friday. However I hope you’re right!

13 minutes ago, Collymore said:

This Villa match is key I think. If we don't win then it'll be Spurs away and we could be looking at being on only 1 or 2 points after that game having played 8 games. 

Looking at the fixtures I think he'll be sacked after the Spurs game as the new man will come in with a decent set of fixtures starting with Forest at home. Can you imagine the atmosphere with a new manager at the helm going back to basics and letting the players express themselves? We then on paper have some favourable fixtures until we play Man City late October, the perfect opportunity for the new setup to build some momentum. 

Beating Villa and getting something out of the Spurs game is the only way BR saves his job IMO which looks almost impossible at the moment. 

Even if we win against Villa I think that only delays the inevitable- the majority of fans are now firmly of the view he must go.

i suspect it would take significant change and a long winning run to shift the narrative at all.

Not sure what is gained by delaying pulling the trigger by one or two games.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, westernpark said:

For a Saturday game there’s not normally pictures of training until the Thursday/Friday. However I hope you’re right!

I just can’t believe the lack of acknowledgement about the Brighton game. There’s been a tiny bit from Daka, but honestly shocked about the lack of comments from anyone. Even on the player’s social media.

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

There is normally the post match coverage from the club twitter and a steady drip feed of stuff through the week though

3 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Even if we win against Villa I think that only delays the inevitable- the majority of fans are now firmly of the view he must go.

i suspect it would take significant change and a long winning run to shift the narrative at all.

Not sure what is gained by delaying pulling the trigger by one or two games.

By delaying the binning off, it makes the 39 pts target more difficult to achieve.  This makes the non-sacking more dangerous for the business.  Top, are you reading this?

18 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

Agreed - something is happening behind the scenes, you can almost sense it.

I’m starting to think this is all a horrible Mexican stand off to see which of the three options happens first. 

So scenario 1 is sack Brendan. Financially not ideal, but with a manager that has all but given up, it may be the only option left. 

Scenario 2 Brendan walks, which won’t happen, because then it would mean he has actively given up, which doesn’t fit the narrative he is trying to give off. At the moment he wants to give off the impression his employers have screwed him, and that none of this is his fault. And he loses out on a handsome severance package. 

Scenario 3…. We somehow by some miracle beat Villa, or play out a shocking draw, Stevie G gets sacked and Villa come for Brendan. In which case we can put Brendan straight onto Gardening leave and get a new manager in. 

I think the final option is the option the club prefer, because they know how well respected Brendan is so they are gambling in him being taken away from us.

The longer this issue drags on the more damage is done, this club is now hurtling towards the championship like a bowling ball being thrown off a cliff. If we go into the international break with Brendan Rodgers still in charge, we will have 1 point, we will be bottom of the table and we will 100% be getting relegated.