Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

42 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Maybe a bit off topic but I had a dream last night that I got it on with a recent  love interest of Brendans...after a sesh in the sack I left the bedroom to use the facilities and who do I bump into in the corridor outside the bathroom...weeee Brendan in his dressing gown ...this is awkward I thought but he didn't care one iota

Anyone want to offer an explanation?

The recent love interest of Brendan’s is obviously Leicester City. You are showing your deep devotion to her (it) by offering your body. Brendan doesn’t care about her (it, the club) anymore.

that’ll be £570 please

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I’m starting to think this is all a horrible Mexican stand off to see which of the three options happens first. 

So scenario 1 is sack Brendan. Financially not ideal, but with a manager that has all but given up, it may be the only option left. 

Scenario 2 Brendan walks, which won’t happen, because then it would mean he has actively given up, which doesn’t fit the narrative he is trying to give off. At the moment he wants to give off the impression his employers have screwed him, and that none of this is his fault. And he loses out on a handsome severance package. 

Scenario 3…. We somehow by some miracle beat Villa, or play out a shocking draw, Stevie G gets sacked and Villa come for Brendan. In which case we can put Brendan straight onto Gardening leave and get a new manager in. 

I think the final option is the option the club prefer, because they know how well respected Brendan is so they are gambling in him being taken away from us.

The longer this issue drags on the more damage is done, this club is now hurtling towards the championship like a bowling ball being thrown off a cliff. If we go into the international break with Brendan Rodgers still in charge, we will have 1 point, we will be bottom of the table and we will 100% be getting relegated. 

Don't get too dramatic. We don't look any good, and we don't look like we can beat a side, but we're 3 points away from our next opposition lol

If, as per scenario 3, we somehow beat Villa (and btw Villa aren't great either, you only have to look at their forum as well) then we'll be level on points.

That's with West Ham (also on 4 points) away at Newcastle, Forest (4 points) away at Leeds and Everton (4 points) away at Arsenal.

We've probably got the easier fixture out of all those.

21 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

There is normally the post match coverage from the club twitter and a steady drip feed of stuff through the week though

There wasn’t much after Utd in terms of post match. The club aren’t stupid and will have been told to keep posts on social media to a minimum given the result on Sunday. They will also see the stats on engagement (eg how many people tweet Rodgers out in reply to the account etc) so will be mindful not to aggravate things. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Maybe a bit off topic but I had a dream last night that I got it on with a recent  love interest of Brendans...after a sesh in the sack I left the bedroom to use the facilities and who do I bump into in the corridor outside the bathroom...weeee Brendan in his dressing gown ...this is awkward I thought but he didn't care one iota

Anyone want to offer an explanation?

You're a filthy perv??!! 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you would believe that Top is aware of the feelings as expressed on this forum, but it is not evident in the stadium at games!!!

If all Top sees are disgruntlement, then he is going to look to ride this out, there will be no sense of urgency. Unless he is aware of the sentiments coming from this forum, he is not going to act.

Really? You really believe that the views of a few hundred people on FT is going to influence the owner of a multi million pound business!

Even if half the people watching on saturday left at half time (something that herd instinct tends to inhibit) it wouldn't change  a thing - lf Top is going to replace Rodgers the decision must surely have been made on the evidence of our dire position, performances and his media interviews not the opinions of supporters in general much less a  small section of keyboard warriors such as us.

Lets stay real here, its nice to share our feelings, theories and views but what we express here has zero influence on whether BR goes or if we survive in the prem.

Personally l love all the debate but sadly we are not even the paint on the chessboard let alone pawns in the game.

• Like 1

I think there are lots of different scenarios here but realistically there is only one that we all know will happen. Brendan stays till the international break, draw against Villa, lose against Tottenham, 2 points from 8. No one comes in for Brendan as they all know they can wait and why would they. We have to pay to sack him and maybe have an average underwhelming appointment in his place. The club have done absolutely nothing suggest anything else will happen or they have anything else positive lined up. Hate to be so depressing. 

• Like 2

There is one other scenario. BR takes a good long hard look in the mirror, realises that it’s all going t*ts up and ditches his current philosophy and game plan. He tells the players to go out against villa and all out attack them, just express themselves and not to worry or be nervous about losing the ball and if they do, just go get it back again (Wilf back to beast mode style).

we give them a pasting, and start an eight game unbeaten run, like we have done in the past when we were good. His stock goes up, and the big teams stRt sniffing around again. Would we still want rid?

oh then I woke up with my face in a bowl of cornflakes. Ain’t gonna happen is it.

1 minute ago, shiv said:

There wasn’t much after Utd in terms of post match. The club aren’t stupid and will have been told to keep posts on social media to a minimum given the result on Sunday. They will also see the stats on engagement (eg how many people tweet Rodgers out in reply to the account etc) so will be mindful not to aggravate things. 

Exactly.

Also why would they post stuff just for people to reply "sack Brendan" or, even worse, "has he gone yet".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Don't get too dramatic. We don't look any good, and we don't look like we can beat a side, but we're 3 points away from our next opposition lol

If, as per scenario 3, we somehow beat Villa (and btw Villa aren't great either, you only have to look at their forum as well) then we'll be level on points.

That's with West Ham (also on 4 points) away at Newcastle, Forest (4 points) away at Leeds and Everton (4 points) away at Arsenal.

We've probably got the easier fixture out of all those.

It’s not dramatic.

We look less than not good, we’re abysmal. And it’s purely down to the fact the manager has given up, there’s no belief in the side at all. He’s instilled a mentality that they’re no longer fit for purpose. We won’t pick up another point whilst he is in charge, he has made damn sure of that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

It’s not dramatic.

We look less than not good, we’re abysmal. And it’s purely down to the fact the manager has given up, there’s no belief in the side at all. He’s instilled a mentality that they’re no longer fit for purpose. We won’t pick up another point whilst he is in charge, he has made damn sure of that. 

I don't disagree with your point but you were being dramatic because you were implying we're already cut adrift.

There isn't any belief at all but a lucky win against Villa and who knows. League table looks better and confidence will increase.

Because of the way the manager has spoken about the players, club, fans and owners I really don't think a win against Villa matters. 

The vast majority want the bloke gone and replaced with someone with some pride in the job. 

If we end up in a position where we are manageress for the Forest game I will not be impressed with the upper management. 

It’s not dramatic to say we’re hurtling towards relegation when 2/3 of the clubs who’ve been where we are after 6 matches have been relegated.  That’s a scary number.

As for Villa or anybody else saving our bacon, again - why spend all that dosh when they know if they wait he’ll be fired soon enough, we’re on the hook for that insane contract, and they can have him for a fraction of it if they’re daft enough to want him?

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

If we end up in a position where we are manageress for the Forest game I will not be impressed with the upper management

Difficult to decide which is the worst scenario, managerless or Brendan in charge.

Edited by FoyleFox

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m starting to think this is all a horrible Mexican stand off to see which of the three options happens first. 

So scenario 1 is sack Brendan. Financially not ideal, but with a manager that has all but given up, it may be the only option left. 

Scenario 2 Brendan walks, which won’t happen, because then it would mean he has actively given up, which doesn’t fit the narrative he is trying to give off. At the moment he wants to give off the impression his employers have screwed him, and that none of this is his fault. And he loses out on a handsome severance package. 

Scenario 3…. We somehow by some miracle beat Villa, or play out a shocking draw, Stevie G gets sacked and Villa come for Brendan. In which case we can put Brendan straight onto Gardening leave and get a new manager in. 

I think the final option is the option the club prefer, because they know how well respected Brendan is so they are gambling in him being taken away from us.

The longer this issue drags on the more damage is done, this club is now hurtling towards the championship like a bowling ball being thrown off a cliff. If we go into the international break with Brendan Rodgers still in charge, we will have 1 point, we will be bottom of the table and we will 100% be getting relegated. 

I don’t believe the Villa CEO (Purslow) was at Liverpool with BR - so I don’t think think there is a strong relationship there (so different to the Gerrard situation).

I would love it if they came in for BR but I can’t see they would take that risk. 

we will need to bin him - sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, urban fox said:

There is one other scenario. BR takes a good long hard look in the mirror, realises that it’s all going t*ts up and ditches his current philosophy and game plan. He tells the players to go out against villa and all out attack them, just express themselves and not to worry or be nervous about losing the ball and if they do, just go get it back again (Wilf back to beast mode style).

we give them a pasting, and start an eight game unbeaten run, like we have done in the past when we were good. His stock goes up, and the big teams stRt sniffing around again. Would we still want rid?

oh then I woke up with my face in a bowl of cornflakes. Ain’t gonna happen is it.

Doubt it. 

You’ve got to put yourself in Brendan’s size 4.5 shoes to try and understand his mindset.

He hasn’t been given any finances, something he’s regularly whittled on about ever since he came here. He will do anything he can to transfer the blame from him over to the club, the players and even the fans. 

Brendans entire time here has been a ‘Rodgers road show’…. He’s always gone about about how the club only started competing since he came in, always punching above our weight, coming up against teams with more resources than us, we don’t have and endless pot of money etc. etc. he has spent 3.5 years blowing smoke in his own arse, and now that the club have essentially told Brendan they aren’t giving him anymore money, he has lost all interest and has reverted to full on self defence mode. Brendan’s already packed his bags and cleared the office, he isn’t bothered anymore he doesn’t want to be here because in his mind he has elevated this club onto a new level, and now we’re no longer backing him, he couldn’t possibly carry on. 

so rather than fight, he will simply start the blame game and start fighting to defend himself. He’s often stated that he is a fighter, he might be, but for himself. It’s an irreversible situation now, it will ultimately end with Brendan gone, it’s just about how much damage is done along the way. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1