Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

4 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Because of the way the manager has spoken about the players, club, fans and owners I really don't think a win against Villa matters. 

The vast majority want the bloke gone and replaced with someone with some pride in the job. 

If we end up in a position where we are manageress for the Forest game I will not be impressed with the upper management. 

Sexist! :P

5 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Because of the way the manager has spoken about the players, club, fans and owners I really don't think a win against Villa matters. 

The vast majority want the bloke gone and replaced with someone with some pride in the job. 

If we end up in a position where we are manageress for the Forest game I will not be impressed with the upper management. 

Management is about making the right decisions at the right time, even if they are tough. We have waited too long and are now in the position of having to make the right decision at the wrong time.  However, it will still be the right decision. 

16 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

100% ITK tip-off. Emergency board meeting tonight Rodgers out at the end of it. :thumbup:

if this is a falsehood then as punishment you have to spend a whole week living as Pidgeon Man in the City Centre. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don't disagree with your point but you were being dramatic because you were implying we're already cut adrift.

There isn't any belief at all but a lucky win against Villa and who knows. League table looks better and confidence will increase.

The only reason for the dramatics is purely down to the fact the manager just doesn’t care anymore. He’s now fighting to save his face and not his job. Whilst that is the case we will continue to lose games. It’s the toxic atmosphere that’s developed that has caused the rapid decline. 

Those players confidence is gone, they probably all now think they’re not good enough, and the manager is sucking the life out of the club rather than inspire it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Saxondale said:

Not sure if this is been discussed on the previous 1,345 pages (and I’m not prepared to check), or in the dozen or so other Rodgers out threads, but who would likely be the caretaker boss(es)? 

Mike Stowell and Adam Sadler

The rest are Rodgers' team he brought with him, so would be gone as well presumably.

48 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

I just can’t believe the lack of acknowledgement about the Brighton game. There’s been a tiny bit from Daka, but honestly shocked about the lack of comments from anyone. Even on the player’s social media.

Castagne said a bit on the Football Forum show. That's about it. 

The silence on the socials is weird. My main guess would be that they've been told to stay off it or not post/respond to anything football-related. 

Perhaps that's Rodgers' next excuse. The players have too many distractions so they're not focused enough on the pitch lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

The silence on the socials is weird. My main guess would be that they've been told to stay off it or not post/respond to anything football-related. 

Perhaps that's Rodgers' next excuse. The players have too many distractions so they're not focused enough on the pitch lol

Poor Madders hasn't posted a single dog walk this week! Must be rocking back and forwards

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

100% ITK tip-off. Emergency board meeting tonight Rodgers out at the end of it. :thumbup:

Well this little tit-bit will keep the thread nice and hot all day! lol

Without giving too much away, can you 'loosely'  say how your source is ITK please?

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Definitely, they'll be confiscating Instagram from them next.

I bet JJ's got a bollocking for his missus revealing she's pregnant. At least we know he is actually capable of moving one kind of ball forwards and not just sideways and backwards. 

30 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

If he was getting sacked after the game it would have happened by now. No new manager or caretaker is going to be able to do anything 1 or 2 days before the weekend. We know our owners don’t make rash emotional decisions. He’s going to be in charge at the weekend and barring an embarrassing result will likely be in place for the spurs game too. A logical decision will be to ride out the next 10 days before the international break, I’m sure discussions are taking place behind the scenes as to who they would replace him with, so that should that happen they get someone in place quickly after spurs. 

I’m not convinced Rodgers continuing is tenable, But a win against villa is desperately needed to give us all a lift. If he is in place this weekend, we must 100% get behind the team including the manager. 

Sacked and then reinstated the bloke a few days later because Dad pulled rank was pretty rash.

Edited by SemperEadem

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think he is getting the Villa game. I don't really see why but think if he was off this week it would have been yesterday.

Lots of people expressing sentiments along these lines - ie, if he was being sacked this week it would have happened by now, etc. But surely it's possible that the decision has been made but they're just working on the severance payment and lining up his replacement? Those things may take a few days to sort out. If he takes the press conference tomorrow, then yes, it would be safe to assume he'll still be here at the weekend...

Edited by ClaphamFox

5 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think he is getting the Villa game. I don't really see why but think if he was off this week it would have been yesterday.

He’s definitely getting the villa game, he will get the spurs game as well, then there is a 16 day gap between games so if anything is happening I would be looking at that period, I personally am in the belief he will get till the World Cup break in November