Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, StanSP said:

Leipzig's manager just got sacked for a shit start to the season and resoundingly losing 4-1 at home last night to Shakhtar. 

They'd only won once. 

Top, take note. 

And Marco Rose is about to replace him... 

38 minutes ago, J. James said:

Really? You really believe that the views of a few hundred people on FT is going to influence the owner of a multi million pound business!

Even if half the people watching on saturday left at half time (something that herd instinct tends to inhibit) it wouldn't change  a thing - lf Top is going to replace Rodgers the decision must surely have been made on the evidence of our dire position, performances and his media interviews not the opinions of supporters in general much less a  small section of keyboard warriors such as us.

Lets stay real here, its nice to share our feelings, theories and views but what we express here has zero influence on whether BR goes or if we survive in the prem.

Personally l love all the debate but sadly we are not even the paint on the chessboard let alone pawns in the game.

...my post was actually saying that if the stadium crowd mirrored the Foxestalk forum, then the perception for Top would be vastly different!!!

Foxestalk do not seem to mirror the people who attend games, that was my take on the situation. 

Voting with your feet inevitably becomes a problem for the club in loss of revenue and a prolonged disquiet. 

The Queen probably believes that everywhere smells sanitised and like Dettol, the appearance of a united fan base will not move the needle one bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Even if we win against villa he should still go abd I hope the poll numbers don't shift heavily for him to stay because of 1 win.

You seriously think there is a chance of us winning against Villa?  I don’t think we have a hope in hell. If Rodgers is here we lose. 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

And Marco Rose is about to replace him... 

It was always a fantasy. 

Rose has never shown any indication he's interested in managing here and we've never hired someone from abroad* like that before (unless you include Craig Levein.)

We're almost certainly going to do what we consider to be "safe" and hire someone uninspiring like Benitez. 

(*as in with no prior experience managing in the Prem or Football League.)

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Leipzig's manager just got sacked for a shit start to the season and resoundingly losing 4-1 at home last night to Shakhtar. 

They'd only won once. 

Top, take note. 

I dont want to criticise the board/Top and perhaps there are things happening in the background but this situation is the very definition of untenable. Something has got to be happening. I think if the fans see Brendan with the mic in front of him at the press conferences tomorrow, a lot of that anger will pass over to the senior management - I dont know if that is right or not but combined with the summer etc. it is certainly a possibility. 

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I dont want to criticise the board/Top and perhaps there are things happening in the background but this situation is the very definition of untenable. Something has got to be happening. I think if the fans see Brendan with the mic in front of him at the press conferences tomorrow, a lot of that anger will pass over to the senior management - I dont know if that is right or not but combined with the summer etc. it is certainly a possibility. 

We will definitely get to a point where the senior management will start to take some of the flack. They are responsible for a lot of things on and off the pitch. As a set of customers we are being charged more and more for a product that becomes increasingly sub standard. 

Yes we all agree that BR has played the no signings tune far too much but we also need to see they the recruitment has been a shambles for a while. They have a role to play in this mess. 

If we go down this year it's squarely at their feet. Not acting quick enough and having the foresight to stop the rot will be the reason. 

We need an explanation as to why we’ve not sacked him. It’s just weird at this point.

We already have a tried and tested way to leak critical information to the fanbase.

Tell Vardy. Vardy tells Rebekah. Rebekah sells the info to a journo. Then we get to know. 

Why we’re not used this facility at such a critical juncture is beyond me.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, One Arm Babba said:

If he was getting sacked after the game it would have happened by now. No new manager or caretaker is going to be able to do anything 1 or 2 days before the weekend. We know our owners don’t make rash emotional decisions. He’s going to be in charge at the weekend and barring an embarrassing result will likely be in place for the spurs game too. A logical decision will be to ride out the next 10 days before the international break, I’m sure discussions are taking place behind the scenes as to who they would replace him with, so that should that happen they get someone in place quickly after spurs. 

I’m not convinced Rodgers continuing is tenable, But a win against villa is desperately needed to give us all a lift. If he is in place this weekend, we must 100% get behind the team including the manager. 

Surely Top flying in last night to sort it out.. Maybe today he will be gone 

16 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It's the hope isn't it, that things are being done in the background. 

It has most certainly become untenable. 

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

100% ITK tip-off. Emergency board meeting tonight Rodgers out at the end of it. :thumbup:

My last hope that he will go before the Villa game is that Top has been out of the country until last night (if it was him on his plane) and it will be done today. 

• Like 1

You just know if he’s here for the weekend that we’ll get a result and this will rumble on and on and on.

What a sad state of affairs it is when it gets to the point that you’re not even happy with the idea of winning a game.

• Like 1

It was Rudkin that told Ranieri he was sacked in a hotel room when the team returned from Seville.  It only takes a phone call from Top to Rudkin for it to happen.

With our financial woes and Rogers estimated to get a 10 million pound payoff the club has backed itself into a ridiculous corner.

Simple facts are we cant afford to sack him..