Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, ozvaldo said:

He needs his head checking after those subs. 

Do they? 

Soumare for Hamza to add physicality

Maddison for Nacho for an extra body in the middle, the most questionable

Albrighton for Lookman as we were being battered

Edited by UniFox21

1 minute ago, adam said:

Did he actually want to win that. Pathetic in the end.  Wasting time against a side that will come near the bottom of the league. Not sure he has a clue what his best side is or what tactics to use 

Absolutely no interest in trying to win the game in the end. Shows where the players are at

• Like 1

Guest Kopfkino

This will end up like Puel, it’ll go on so long whether he goes or not cos every time it looks like he’s getting close we’ll pull out a couple result, it will be turgid and a new guy will come in and we’ll look class again. The whole feel is inseparable from the Puel era now, except he has the players at a level that Puel could only dream of

I give up trying to figure Brendan out now! Taking Kel off but leaving Barnes on? 🤷‍♀️ Daka is never going to get a scoring momentum or confidence sitting on the bench? Has Ricardo taken Praet's bench spot?  I truly do not understand what he is trying to do.....

The fight and spirit has gone from the team.  This is getting bad now 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

As soon as Nacho left the field, it was a case of damage limitation.

And we all know where that gets us.

We had no midfield after he left.  It was so bad after that.

Can we also not waste time and allow the opposition to settle every time there is a throw in? Can’t we just do a quick throw in some times.

I don’t mind our starting line up today actually - except for Hamza. I wish we have Praet nowadays. But Vestergaard needs to be dropped asap when we have Evans back. He is so slow and gets turned so easily.

• Like 2

Gifted a 2 goal lead and then he waits too long to beef up the midfield where we were being destroyed. It was so obvious that we needed to control possession second half. Beginning to think this guy's a fraud who talks a good game and he's gotten away with it because we have quality players, particularly goalscorers, who've bailed him out.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Do they? 

What game were you watching? 

Every single one of their attacks came from our left hand side. Barnes should’ve come off after their first goal. Albrighton would’ve helped Bertrand out.

Subs were what cost us the game 100%. 

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

His body language is really strange, always seems pissed when we play nice attacking football 

100%

He proper had the mardys at half time after we looked positive and attacking in the last 15 minutes of the 1st half. Had a right face on him at half time, looked more happy at full time, I wish I was joking but i'm being serious.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Do they? 

I have no idea why people are criticising the subs. As you say @Unifox, they make perfect sense. The formation I can see why he played it - it allows us to get Lookman and Nacho on the pitch at the same time, which is great.

I do think playing a two when we are without our best DCM is risky and it showed as we got beaten up in the middle of the park. But I do think it's mostly down to our abysmal defenders, which isn't really Rodgers fault besides his continual decision to play Bertrand.

Calling for his head when we don't have Fofana, Evans and JJ seems way over the top.

I will say the recruitment team might have had a rare poor summer, which definitely is not helping Rodgers either.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tanya said:

I have no idea why people are criticising the subs. As you say @Unifox, they make perfect sense. The formation I can see why he played it - it allows us to get Lookman and Nacho on the pitch at the same time, which is great.

I do think playing a two when we are without our best DCM is risky and it showed as we got beaten up in the middle of the park. But I do think it's mostly down to our abysmal defenders, which isn't really Rodgers fault besides his continual decision to play Bertrand.

Calling for his head when we don't have Fofana, Evans and JJ seems way over the top.

I will say the recruitment team might have had a rare poor summer, which definitely is not helping Rodgers either.

The subs are criticised because they got through the left side of our defence every single time and he didn’t address it. 

• Like 3

As I said after Warsaw this is starting to feel very Puel esque, it’s just gone very stale to the point where it’s looking unlikely that our fortunes will turn around.

If we can’t find a win against Man Utd, Spartak or Brentford, then my confidence in him will be at an all time low.

Just now, kingfox said:

As I said after Warsaw this is starting to feel very Puel esque, it’s just gone very stale to the point where it’s looking unlikely that our fortunes will turn around.

If we can’t find a win against Man Utd, Spartak or Brentford, then my confidence in him will be at an all time low.

Can’t see us winning any of them games 

We might have won 2 games under Rodgers this season but we've not looked the better side against anyone so far, not one team. 

This is worrying.  Not relegation worrying, I still think as shocking as we are, we have enough to stay up.

Whether Rodgers stays or goes who knows, but if this season carries on like this, there will be an exodus of our better players going in the summer.  Why should they stay when they are being made to play such slow, aimless football?

• Like 1