Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Pochettino would be a tough sell due to his Spurs connection. Benitez had similar troubles there. Zidane looks nailed on to take over the French national team job regardless of how they do at the World Cup. Potter would be the logical move but he's not a big name which the owner will probably be looking for. It seems a strange one this. It couldn't happen could it? If it did, I may have to look in to this Buddhism a bit as Top would be thanking his lucky stars.  

8 minutes ago, shiv said:

In all fairness, his agent will be all over this. Let’s hope he pulls a Puel and interviews like a charm. 

say what you like about him but he apparently interviews really well and is great at selling himself/his vision to an owner

Edited by desertfox2
Rodgers

2 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

say what you like about him but he apparently interviews really well and is great at selling himself/his vision to an owner

Don’t doubt that. Media have only just started turning on him which in itself says a lot. 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I know it's tempting to suggest all of the big six are run by idiots and that Chelsea don't know what they're doing but they're not hiring a guy that's won four league games this calendar year or whatever it is. 

I also doubt they're that impressed by two fifth place finishes given our situation. 

The media might see Rodgers differently to us but if Chelsea have a lick of sense they won't be just recruiting their next manager on tabloid reputation. I don't think they'll go near Potter either but I do think they'd recognise that at very least Potter's career is trending in a better direction. 

I agree, but you hear pundits and ex-players gushing about him, so he is highly thought of in the football cycle.

It is unrealistic, but stranger things have happened. 

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

Looks like it's Potter, all new outlets reporting it now

Unless many people have bet money for him to be the next manager and the newspapers predict that this is going to happen based on this theory.

Edited by Wymsey

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

If Chelsea take Potter, it isn’t unreasonable to think Brighton might relief us of Rodgers 

Don't think they would splash the ££, always seem quite conservative in their approach to spending money