Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

For all intents and purposes, Rodgers attitude to our club will have put off any top club from ever going near him. The best thing he could have done is to shut up about lack of transfers and focus on the job at hand. If we picked up points and it appeared he was finding success despite a difficult hand dealt, clubs will take notice of that.

Instead he chose to attack the board, players and fans in place of highlighting his shortfalls (or in my opinion, to protect brand Brendan whilst he forces through a dismissal). The sooner the club get shot of Brendan, the better.. and he will find himself back in a situation of having to go to a perceived "lesser" league to rebuild his reputation in the hopes that top clubs will come looking again. More fool him.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Protest outside the ground a march so to speak.

Makes more sense, but that'll spill into the ground surely. If we're pro players and anti Rodgers, and certain he's taking us down, may as well back the lads and then wait for the inevitable capitulation. There can be no doubts as to where the blame lies then.

46 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Why 

On paper Rodgers's last 3 years:

PL: 5th, 5th, 8th 

FA Cup win, ECL semi-final, LC semi final.

Potter: 15th, 16th, 9th.

One 5 round.

The world sees Rodgers different to us. 

Because one is progressing and the other is regressing at a rapid rate.

Potter prefers to play a 3-5-2, and well at that. A decent No.9 at Brighton and they could easily finish in the Top 8, maybe Top 6.

It's all about hitting form at the right time to get a big job; we're all gunning for Rodgers to get the boot In the same space of time that Potter has been labelled the new Messiah.

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

For all intents and purposes, Rodgers attitude to our club will have put off any top club from ever going near him. The best thing he could have done is to shut up about lack of transfers and focus on the job at hand. If we picked up points and it appeared he was finding success despite a difficult hand dealt, clubs will take notice of that.

Instead he chose to attack the board, players and fans in place of highlighting his shortfalls (or in my opinion, to protect brand Brendan whilst he forces through a dismissal). The sooner the club get shot of Brendan, the better.. and he will find himself back in a situation of having to go to a perceived "lesser" league to rebuild his reputation in the hopes that top clubs will come looking again. More fool him.

He would have had a chance straight after our FA Cup win. Even though Leicester fans saw some signs that things were not quite working and unless he changed, there could be some issues ahead, from the outside he was at the top of his game. Amazing how far his stock has fallen since, especially because it is mostly down to himself. Not helped with injuries and lack of signings, but he is burning bridges right now and even the pro Rodgers media are turning on him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lesta2014 said:

Rodgers I reckon will Chuck his hat in the ring for this knowing he may be close to the sack and wants money to spend which he would get a Chelsea. 

You don't think ;)

No, in all fairness, I reckon he'd be the proverbial rat up a drainpipe over the Chelsea job. It's where he sees himself. He thinks he's a manager to rival the best. And more power to him, we're simply a stepping stone... and I hope he makes his next career move.

• Like 1

As sweet as it would be, I can't see Boehly coming and getting Rodgers. If we'd started well maybe, but he's come in and started swinging his dick around with his money, why would they want someone clearly on the decline who isn't a worldwide name. They'll pay big money for someone from the continent.

If Chelsea come for Rodgers that would be a Carlsberg appointment.  Top  - give the Monks a call and get this arranged.  Now waiting for Fabrication Romano to tweet Rogers has agreed terms with Chelsea before speaking to Leicester...............

Brendan's a young, fresh manager. It's not his fault this season has been hampered by the lack of quality players here, no backing from the board and poor support from the fans. He definitely deserves a shot at Chelsea..........:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, J. James said:

Really? You really believe that the views of a few hundred people on FT is going to influence the owner of a multi million pound business!

Even if half the people watching on saturday left at half time (something that herd instinct tends to inhibit) it wouldn't change  a thing - lf Top is going to replace Rodgers the decision must surely have been made on the evidence of our dire position, performances and his media interviews not the opinions of supporters in general much less a  small section of keyboard warriors such as us.

Lets stay real here, its nice to share our feelings, theories and views but what we express here has zero influence on whether BR goes or if we survive in the prem.

Personally l love all the debate but sadly we are not even the paint on the chessboard let alone pawns in the game.

So that like I gave @RickFlair on the 1000 likes thread means nothing... Fu%$s sake😂

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

If Chelsea come for Rodgers that would be a Carlsberg appointment.  Top  - give the Monks a call and get this arranged.  Now waiting for Fabrication Romano to tweet Rogers has agreed terms with Chelsea before speaking to Leicester...............

Abit of black magic could do the trick, all these witch doctor's need is a pic of Brendan and a pic of Chelsea give them a wad of cash.....job done 😏

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Let's hope they had a proper clear out of the Chelsea hierarchy because Brendan burnt his bridges with them a while ago 

https://punditarena.com/football/darraghmurphy/chelsea-brendan-rodgers-2014/

Rodgers will never be in charge at Stamford Bridge because Chelsea’s hierarchy has not forgotten the veiled dig Rodgers took at the club in 2014.

Got form hasn't he? Jeez, I hope he gets the chance to really lay into us... when he's gone.

2 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Let's hope they had a proper clear out of the Chelsea hierarchy because Brendan burnt his bridges with them a while ago 

https://punditarena.com/football/darraghmurphy/chelsea-brendan-rodgers-2014/

Chelsea are desperate, and will likely have short term memory, wouldn't it be ace if they took BR, and put a sweetener ontop to get out of us having to pay him off, if I was Top the negotiations would last .5 of a Second - Yes, Hell yes, take him😂 we are not that lucky and they're not that silly... are they...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, taupe said:

Actually, Rodgers has kinda blotted his copybook somewhat with regard to managerial relationships. Where will the allegiances of Chelsea's management team (or any club for that matter) lay with; Rodgers or our management team? Any manager that makes edgy public comments (so recently) at their bosses is hardly doing themselves any favours. Shit. We're stuck with him for now. :(

I don’t think so tbh, I think most people will still believe his “board haven’t backed me” narrative and will exclude themselves from ever suffering the same fate as they will back him