Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

15 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Brendan's a young, fresh manager. It's not his fault this season has been hampered by the lack of quality players here, no backing from the board and poor support from the fans. He definitely deserves to be shot.

That reads better now.

• Haha 4

A manager such as Potter going to a club like Chelsea.... No not a club like Chelsea - Chelsea - is like taking over from Augustus Caesar!  Failure or perceived failure means a knife in the back and a manager like Potter would find it difficult to get back to where he is right now.

JV had exactly this conundrum when he turned down Arsenal and he was so wise to do so.

I don't think Potter is glitzy enough for Boehly anyway and I'd be surprised if the deal happened for all sorts of reasons not least that you'd need a simply massive ego to take that job and Potter doesn't seem to me to be high on the Rodgers scale of self loving narcissistic egoism.

Dont think it would be a money thing for him either, and Zidane as other posters have pointed out is as rich as Croesus and covets the France job.

But before we all rush to the shops for tissues there is next to no chance of Rodgers being their next manager either -

He'd take it in a heartbeat - however TB may be ruthless but he's not so stupid as to offer it!

It looks like Poch or Simeone to me.

Edited by J. James
Typo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

In fairness, deluded Brendan will think he's good enough for the job. Let's hope their chairman doesn't ask little Wes about him or he might let the cat out of the bag 🤣

Tomorrow's press conference, I can already see it. Chelsea are wonderful club. Absolutely wonderful. You're playing Villa Brendan. Oh yeah, but Chelsea, what a club. 

• Haha 4

This Chelsea sacking is a problem for us.

I can see the board thinking that whilst there's a possibility he could end up there then it wouldn't make sense to sack him and lose out on compensation. From Chelsea's point of view if Rodgers becomes available I can see them appointing him on a short term contract with a view to extending. If he does well they'll keep him, if not it buys them time to line up a suitable replacement. 

This could continue for a while, as I could also see Brighton going after BR if he was a free agent should Potter end up at Chelsea, and likewise Villa would probably go for him if they sack off Gerard at some point in the near future. 

Someone at board level is going to have to make a tough decision, although I guess the benefit of going early does mean that you potentially have a the pick of crop if the board were to consider someone currently in a job. 

• Haha 1