Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Ideal if deluded Brendan publicly throws his hat in the ring and gets put on gardening leave as a result. 

Do you remember quite a few years ago. I think Mandaric was the owner. Steve Walsh made a bit of public declaration that he wanted the managers job. Even announced he had applied on Radio Leicester.

A few weeks later, asked on RL how it went, he came out and said, I've had no response. 

Similar scenes, maybe. 

• Haha 3

Amazed that Brighton have given permission so quickly (or maybe it wasn't??) Maybe they feel there's no point in standing in his way, and wouldn't want to anyway, but they're risking a loss of momentum. Praps they have a replacement (or ideas of) lined up already?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Fascinated to see who Brighton go for, can see them looking to progressive managers like Kieran McKenna 

It’s already been said but they will go for the sort of person we should be but won’t.

Edited by DezFox

6 minutes ago, teblin said:

Would TT be interested in coming here do you think?

If anyone needs a break, its Tuchel. The club hung him out to dry over the whole Abramovic saga and he was the only employ of the club who answered questions over it, and was aggressively grilled by the press over it. He then had to navigate the squad through that period of new ownership. Guy must be knackered, and the last thing he needs is to join a relegation battle with a crocked defense. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

If anyone needs a break, its Tuchel. The club hung him out to dry over the whole Abramovic saga and he was the only employ of the club who answered questions over it, and was aggressively grilled by the press over it. He then had to navigate the squad through that period of new ownership. Guy must be knackered, and the last thing he needs is to join a relegation battle with a crocked defense. 

poor tommy tookal 

3 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

This Chelsea sacking is a problem for us.

I can see the board thinking that whilst there's a possibility he could end up there then it wouldn't make sense to sack him and lose out on compensation. From Chelsea's point of view if Rodgers becomes available I can see them appointing him on a short term contract with a view to extending. If he does well they'll keep him, if not it buys them time to line up a suitable replacement. 

This could continue for a while, as I could also see Brighton going after BR if he was a free agent should Potter end up at Chelsea, and likewise Villa would probably go for him if they sack off Gerard at some point in the near future. 

Someone at board level is going to have to make a tough decision, although I guess the benefit of going early does mean that you potentially have a the pick of crop if the board were to consider someone currently in a job. 

Whilst I see where you're coming from, I don't see any of those teams being stupid enough to want Rodgers.

Chelsea would merely laugh at the idea. As for the other two, notwithstanding Rodgers current bottom of the table standing, his own performance in blaming our owners, players and supporters instead of keeping a stiffer upper lip and trying to be positive isn't a good advertisement to a prospective new employer. Rodgers, instead of courting sympathy, has through his egotistical self obsessed whinings might possibly just have cooked his own goose.

However, if he was to be sacked now, would I be right in thinking that if he did start work for any of those teams, the money he'd be allowed to claim from Leicester would be lessened? Likewise if he really wanted to look good, he could come to a reasonable agreement now in a mutual consent deal perhaps. 

4 minutes ago, taupe said:

Amazed that Brighton have given permission so quickly (or maybe it wasn't??) Maybe they feel there's no point in standing in his way, and wouldn't want to anyway, but they're risking a loss of momentum. Praps they have a replacement (or ideas of) lined up already?

If Chelsea have indicated they are willing to pay the rumoured £16M buyout clause of Potters contract, then there's probably nothing they can do to stop him form speaking to Chelsea, other than trying to get him to sign another contract on vastly better terms.

A bit like we did with Brendan when Arsenal came sniffing.