Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The success in the PL and the FA Cup win should buy him some time but my patience is wearing thin. I am certain that he has no idea what his best team is and he appears clueless when it comes to stopping the rot.

We seem to be in free fall and face an uphill battle to progress in Europe, it really is a shocking start quite frankly. Some really tough games coming up too.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, shiv said:

What game were you watching? 

Every single one of their attacks came from our left hand side. Barnes should’ve come off after their first goal. Albrighton would’ve helped Bertrand out.

Subs were what cost us the game 100%. 

So the only sub you disagree with was albrighton for Lookman? I agree we needed extra support on the left, but we were poor all over the pitch. 

If ever there was an example of a manager ‘losing the plot’, this is it. He’s flapping around like a novice at the moment, making bad decision after bad decision, and the team has gone from being a very good one to a very poor one in next to no time. I don’t know what the answer is, but watching us at the moment is a nerve-racking chore and if it doesn’t change soon, I genuinely fear we could be looking at a relegation fight.

• Like 1

442 was the way to go, the starting personnel wasn’t. 

He should have started Albrighton and Lookman on the wings as one is more attack minded and one is more defensive so it’s give balance. In midfield starting Choudary wasn’t a bad call given his energy but I would have swapped in KDH as his sub as Soumare hasn’t shown me anything so far to say he’s up to speed. 

Bertrand is pants and maybe Ricardo could have played Lb but maybe still carrying a niggle. 

And I’d have gone for Amartey instead of Vestergaard. 

Love being an armchair manager 😂

Last season he seemed to navigate the injury crisis and we did well, but this year I don't know what has gone on, but the team just has a soft underbelly, they seem unable to dig in.  Rodgers has to rectify it and get the teams confidence back to where it should be, we've all heard "they were too good to go down",  that can't be us.....can it? 

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

So the only sub you disagree with was albrighton for Lookman? I agree we needed extra support on the left, but we were poor all over the pitch. 

No, I actually don’t agree with any of them except maybe the Hamza one. However that sub caused us to lose shape and Palace scored immediately.

After their first goal he should have brought Barnes off tbh. Terrible game management. 

Edited by shiv

1 minute ago, LinekersLugs said:

Wow this thread really worries me about the state of humanity, has no one any mental resilience left 🤣🤣🤣 seriously 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

the man is doing a great job ! It’s a blip 

I’m very much Rodgers in. No knee jerk reaction to what has been a poor start. I also believe things have gone against us earlier in the season which has contributed to this run (the deflection which allowed Silva to Nick the win, the goals disallowed against Brighton).

However, what we are turning out now is not just a blip. It’s deeper than that. I was begging for full time today against Palace. Not Chelsea or Liverpool, Palace. Players look under prepared for games. Clueless when times get hard. There is something deeper. It’s for the manager to figure it out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TK95 said:

The phrase "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results" should be pinned to his fridge every morning

Here, i'll buy him one a frame to put up in his office.

Albert Einstein Quote Insanity Doing The Same Thing Over image 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Do they? 

Soumare for Hamza to add physicality

Maddison for Nacho for an extra body in the middle, the most questionable

Albrighton for Lookman as we were being battered

Hamza was closing them down, making them make mistakes. No problem with Soumare coming on, but not in a like-for-like 2-man midfield when we’re getting overrun. 

Anyone who thinks Maddison coming on for Nacho is a good thing right now either doesn’t watch live football or must be a Maddison fan boy. 

Bring Albrighton on when you’re 2-0 up / 2-1 up. Sure it up. But don’t bring him on for Lookman. Not when he’s got that something special to unlock a defence. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

442 was the way to go, the starting personnel wasn’t. 

He should have started Albrighton and Lookman on the wings as one is more attack minded and one is more defensive so it’s give balance. In midfield starting Choudary wasn’t a bad call given his energy but I would have swapped in KDH as his sub as Soumare hasn’t shown me anything so far to say he’s up to speed. 

Bertrand is pants and maybe Ricardo could have played Lb but maybe still carrying a niggle. 

And I’d have gone for Amartey instead of Vestergaard. 

Love being an armchair manager 😂

What the hell have you seen from KDH to suggest he’s up to scratch? Was shocking the other night. Thought Soumare did alright when he came on tbf

• Like 1

Just now, ozvaldo said:

Hamza was closing them down, making them make mistakes. No problem with Soumare coming on, but not in a like-for-like 2-man midfield when we’re getting overrun. 

Anyone who thinks Maddison coming on for Nacho is a good thing right now either doesn’t watch live football or must be a Maddison fan boy. 

Bring Albrighton on when you’re 2-0 up / 2-1 up. Sure it up. But don’t bring him on for Lookman. Not when he’s got that something special to unlock a defence. 

Nacho/Vardy didn’t do anything in the second half, made complete sense to sub one of them off. The only reason you’re annoyed is because you’re an Iheanacho fan boy. 

The subs weren’t the issue. We’re in a poor bit of form and confidence is low. Nows brendans chance to get us going again.

He's dragging us down sadly. It's Ranieri season 2 all over again. Don't think the players believe they can win matches currently. Palace like Burnley looked far more dangerous, we've not hit the bigger boys yet bar Man City. Frightening to think what the next month holds.

• Like 1

The sooner we can be rid of Brendan, the better I think. The longer we keep making excuses and ignoring the very clear signs, the more we will keep going backwards as a team and club.

Hes shown he can be an exciting and superb manager, but that man has not existed for nearly a year now. This version of Brendan is not what we need. For me, it'll probably do both parties best to go their separate ways and freshen things up 

• Like 4

Just now, Dusty said:

Nacho/Vardy didn’t do anything in the second half, made complete sense to sub one of them off. The only reason you’re annoyed is because you’re an Iheanacho fan boy. 

The subs weren’t the issue. We’re in a poor bit of form and confidence is low. Nows brendans chance to get us going again.

Iheanacho is arguably our best player and clearly, at the minute at least, much more capable of holding the ball up and creating something than Maddison is.

Barnes has been poor this season, could have subbed him off instead. Strange decisions for sure.

One thing we know about the owners they’ll give him some time to turn it around, but will be ruthless if they think he’s lost the plot/dressing room. Guess Vardy and Kasper have seen this a few times now , they’ll have a feeling if this is just a short term blip down to injuries/loss of form or something more not being right behind the scenes. 

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’m very much Rodgers in. No knee jerk reaction to what has been a poor start. I also believe things have gone against us earlier in the season which has contributed to this run (the deflection which allowed Silva to Nick the win, the goals disallowed against Brighton).

However, what we are turning out now is not just a blip. It’s deeper than that. I was begging for full time today against Palace. Not Chelsea or Liverpool, Palace. Players look under prepared for games. Clueless when times get hard. There is something deeper. It’s for the manager to figure it out.

This is where I'm at. I still think he'll sort it.

• Like 1