Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, BenTheFox said:

Brighton wouldn't offer him anywhere near the salary that he is getting here so I think Rodgers (annoyingly) would turn them down even if they went after him. 

I don't think Rodgers wants to be here. I'd imagine, if offered the Brighton job, he would jump at the chance.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

I don't think Rodgers wants to be here. I'd imagine, if offered the Brighton job, he would jump at the chance.

Doubt it. He would rather get paid the bigger bucks and just wait for a better paid alternative to come along. 

3 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Go on then, which one did they want, Potter or Rose?

Which do we want? potentially both I'd imagine. So to have both your top two targets get taken away from you on the eve of sacking BR, would probably warrant a pause, and unfortunately for us, means he will be in charge for Villa. That's my best guess.

Edited by FoxinNotts

1 hour ago, Md9 said:

4138EF15-0238-4474-B971-B2C3B1291E49.jpeg

.. Potter is stuck between a rock and a hard place!!!

Chelsea have come knocking, he has a brilliant project that is in full swing and making a name for him. He cannot refuse this opportunity as it would appear he lacks the ambition our has the courage to take on such a role. He is committed now and it will be a career defining move.

He (Potter)has the ability to think on his feet and can change plans according to what is happening on the pitch, his biggest asset is he gets players to buy into his ideas.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

They pay about 20% of what we do so unfortunately not. He's going nowhere unless he gets the sack and the subsequent payout from that unless by some miracle a big club like Chelsea wants him. Brighton run a tight ship. They won't be handing out huge manager contracts  

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I suspect that means that our No.1 target has/is gone somewhere else or has turned down our unofficial approach. 

Maybe due to the huge cost of getting rid of Rodgers, the board want to have the next manager lined up and not be left floundering. 

exactly

There’s no way we were in for Potter surely. £10m to sack Rodgers and £16m to get Potter but we couldn’t afford to sign more than 1 player on deadline day.

Either the comp convo is at a brick wall or we were after Marco Rose.

Or… nobody knows anything lol 

Just now, shiv said:

There’s no way we were in for Potter surely. £10m to sack Rodgers and £16m to get Potter but we couldn’t afford to sign more than 1 player on deadline day.

I thought it was wages that was killing our transfer activity? Not the transfer fee itself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shiv said:

I know something..................

We are stuck with this chump

• Like 1

1 minute ago, STUHILL said:

I thought it was wages that was killing our transfer activity? Not the transfer fee itself. 

Even still - we couldn’t sign Lookman who was already on our wage bill last year despite getting rid of Kasper (one of our highest earners).

Just now, sacreblueits442 said:

.. Potter is stuck between a rock and a hard place!!!

Chelsea have come knocking, he has a brilliant project that is in full swing and making a name for him. He cannot refuse this opportunity as it would appear he lacks the ambition our has the courage to take on such a role. He is committed now and it will be a career defining move.

He (Potter)has the ability to think on his feet and can change plans according to what is happening on the pitch, his biggest asset is he gets players to buy into his ideas.

It's an easy decision for him. He takes the Chelsea job if offered 100%. He has the chance to win things there. You make your name from winning trophies not by finishing in 8th with Brighton people forget results easily, even upsets in the league, everyone remembers who won a trophy. At Chelsea he has an incredibly talented squad to work with and will no doubt be able to add some more in Jan. They fired Tuchel far too prematurely after a couple of surprising losses so whoever takes the job will get them playing well and make a great name for themselves.  They will definitely get through their champions league group for starters. Last night was just a bad day at the office for too many. They have quality. 

Just now, martyn said:

Rodgers will be fuming. Reckon had we been mid table and he hadn't totally given up that he'd be right in the reckoning for the Chelsea job 

Rodgers fuming? We’re all fuming they don’t want him too lol

• Like 1