Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, shiv said:

There’s no way we were in for Potter surely. £10m to sack Rodgers and £16m to get Potter but we couldn’t afford to sign more than 1 player on deadline day.

Either the comp convo is at a brick wall or we were after Marco Rose.

Or… nobody knows anything lol 

I think we were after Marco Rose. RBL have acted faster. He loves the Red Bull franchise teams.

Rodgers might quit football to manage his extensive business enterprises. Otherwise its all downhill from here. He is probably worth tens of millions so he certainly doesn't need the money. His tactical method is old fashioned and past its best. and being from Ulster he is unlikely to change.

Hows it come to this. I woke of with Brendan being the bookies favourite to get the boot. Since then, another manager has gone and Brendan isn't even favourite to be the next one to get the boot. The worm wriggles out of everything.

I think Potter sounds a done deal, must be hugely frustrating for Brighton fans, will be very interesting however to see who they replace him with, they are a club that seems to get most things on point at the moment.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

I think Potter sounds a done deal, must be hugely frustrating for Brighton fans, will be very interesting however to see who they replace him with, they are a club that seems to get most things on point at the moment.

I think Brighton may actually go for Brendan. I also think he'd go there happily. Even to be on less money.

1 minute ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think Brighton may actually go for Brendan. I also think he'd go there happily. Even to be on less money.

If it was less money suspect we’d have to pay him some of it, bearing in mind I’m sure we want rid but currently have to pay a ****ton.

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

The only hope is that he sees Brighton as an opportunity to rebuild his reputation. A manager whose highest finish in England is 9th place is being chosen seemingly well ahead of him despite two 5th place finishes and an FA cup victory. It's quite an indication as to much much his stock has fallen over the past year. If he goes to Brighton and they finishes in the top half, he is more likely to get a top job than continuing to sulk and make excuses here. 

Edited by BenTheFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Look at the way Brighton play under Potter, and how we play under Rodgers.  What in Brighton's management over the past couple of years would make anything think they're dumb enough to want him there?

...Brighton is a perfect set up for Rodgers, they have everything in place, this is what he does!!!

He will not have to do much, just walk in and get them to buy into him.

16 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think we were after Marco Rose. RBL have acted faster. He loves the Red Bull franchise teams.

He was born in Leipzig, he grew up in Leipzig. They play UCL football and he's worked for them previously.

Let's not pretend like anything was gonna happen