Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Brighton is a perfect set up for Rodgers, they have everything in place, this is what he does!!!

He will not have to do much, just walk in and get them to buy into him.

Maybe i'm being naive but i don't see it.  Brendan saw Leicester as a way to get back into the PL after his toxic end at liverpool, and used it as a steppingstone to get back into one of the top x clubs. Going to Brighton, on a reduced salary, would be admitting that its now very unlikely to happen again, and we've seen first hand what its like when he loses interest. Brighton are well run (blah blah blah), but i don't think they offer him what he wants in a club. He needs to prove himself in Europe, and he will want better access to the transfer market. He will also want to toss players aside as he sees fit and replace them without question. 

Make no bones about it, Brendan will be wetting himself for the Chelsea job. Its probably more his dream job than Fonfana said is was his dream club. This could be Brendans last chance to crack the big time, and he will get unlimited transfer budget to paper over any tactical cracks he has. I would imagine he has a 200 slide power point ready to present, and is probably hanging around in the toilets there right now.

• Like 1

Just now, SemperEadem said:

If he had an ounce of backbone then he would despise RB because of that.

Pfff, I used to study in Leipzig, football there was dead until RB came along. Yeah Chemie and Lok exist but they're a husk of their former selves.

In general, football in East Germany is quite dead. After the fall of the iron curtain, a lot of fans quickly disassociated themselves from the clubs because of the regime ownership and moved on to other things. RB aren't overly different from Wolfsburg, Leverkusen or Hoffenheim.

Just now, MadsEmil said:

Pfff, I used to study in Leipzig, football there was dead until RB came along. Yeah Chemie and Lok exist but they're a husk of their former selves.

In general, football in East Germany is quite dead. After the fall of the iron curtain, a lot of fans quickly disassociated themselves from the clubs because of the regime ownership and moved on to other things. RB aren't overly different from Wolfsburg, Leverkusen or Hoffenheim.

Worse easily, but all you have named are disliked for very good reason.

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

This thread is slowly making people insane 

If repetition is the definition of insanity then definitely.

About 15 pages today of everybody saying literally the same thing. 

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I think Brighton may actually go for Brendan. I also think he'd go there happily. Even to be on less money.

Just what they need , a stubborn manager in decline and potentially expensive. They would be crazy.

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Why do “ITK’s” come in here and post spurious cliff hangers. Just say it ffs.

Because they probably don’t know what’s actually going on. At the moment I only trust Dorsett or Percy. Transfer window showed everyone is bloody clueless. 

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Just back from a ban. Offensive language allegedly. ❄️ 

A horse runs at Doncaster at 3pm today called Shine On Brendan 

Watch it fly the first two laps then start running backwards after that.

Probably blame the other horses for its own poor performance 

Finished 14th. Out of 12

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Worse easily, but all you have named are disliked for very good reason.

Wolfsburg and Leverkusen I don't have an issue with. Volkswagen and Bayer were already settled in those towns and the football clubs were created for their workers. Those companies were very much part of those communities and employed many people from the area. That is certainly different to a small club on the outskirts of Leipzig being taken over by Red Bull and changing their name, colours and rocketing through the leagues.