Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Bert said:

We were eyeing up Potter 

Bert if that is for real and I don’t have any reason to doubt you (obviously apart from your WhatsApp mate that screwed you over- not blaming you btw) then we have completely lost the plot at board level - as if potter would come here with the state of us and how Brighton are doing - mental 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We surely had little chance of that. I hope this doesn’t slow things up

10m per year vs 2 … even if we offered him 7 that would be very hard for anyone to turn down. 

never mind though, that ship has sailed. I’d prefer not to consistently play 5atb anyway 

16 minutes ago, Bert said:

We were eyeing up Potter 

Nobody from the club was eyeing up Potter. We’re skint and can’t afford a  multi million buy out.

You also said Brendan was going weeks ago, so I think it’s best we all get our news from some more reliable sources going forward mate 😂

Edited by BeaumontFox
  • Haha 1

Just now, BeaumontFox said:

Nobody from the club was eyeing up Potter. We’re skint and can’t afford a £60 million buy out.

You also said Brendan was going weeks ago, so I think it’s best we all get our news from some more reliable sources going forward mate 😂

60m ??? not sure where you get that from....

Just now, BeaumontFox said:

Nobody from the club was eyeing up Potter. We’re skint and can’t afford a £60 million buy out.

What an unnecessary dig.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

it’s more likely that the club want to wait to see if either chelsea or brighton come for rodgers, than our target being taken 

Brighton won't come in for Rodgers. Despite their recent success, Brighton is still a step down from Leicester. 

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

We were eyeing up Potter 

Well, if true then fair play to Top for thinking he could get him. I would have thought he would turn us down due to how well Brighton are doing and also likely being at the top of the lists for bigger clubs, just like we are seeing now with Chelsea. 

Not sure this impacts whether Top will sack Rodgers or not though, as surely if Top is already sounding out other managers, then Rodgers is on the way out and Top ideally just wants someone lined up first. Only a matter of time still. One things for sure, if Top wasn't put off by the compensation for Potter (rumoured 16million), then maybe he will be willing to spend big on wages on a bigger name than a Dyche. I just don't think managers like Poch would come, even with a high salary. 

Interesting stuff though. Thanks Bert

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BeaumontFox said:

16m

9 minutes ago, Shane said:

our board probably want another tiki taka manager . Not good

Playing football mostly on the floor is what attracts guys like Tielemans and Maddison. Technically gifted players do not sign for clubs who hit and hope. I hope to god we keep progressing forward as a side who master the evolution of tiki taka football like Brighton, who played us off the park with their movement, passing and aggression out of possession

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Brighton won't come in for Rodgers. Despite their recent success, Brighton is still a step down from Leicester. 

i don’t think so either but the club would want to be sure of that before paying him off 🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, jv1 said:

Bert if that is for real and I don’t have any reason to doubt you (obviously apart from your WhatsApp mate that screwed you over- not blaming you btw) then we have completely lost the plot at board level - as if potter would come here with the state of us and how Brighton are doing - mental 

You realise our manager left Celtic who had just won the treble? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

Not when we are bottom of the league, it's not. I think his salary is the biggest thing standing in the way of it if Brighton were interested. As I mentioned earlier, he has better chance of getting a 'top 6' job in a year or two if if he was to go to Brighton and get them to a top half finish than staying here and sulking. The fact that Potter is now seemingly far ahead of him in the queue is a sign of how much his stock has fallen over the past year. 

If we were eyeing up Potter, It does make sense why the Chelsea interest happened so swiftly if we were thinking of making a move.

If true, whilst slightly frustrating as we have on the face of it dithered and lost out, at least it shows we still have ambition and it isn't just out of work managers we are looking at.

• Like 2